Mule Team Sheath Help

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
rybu0305

Mule Team Sheath Help

Post by rybu0305 »

I have a Mule team blade with Spyderco scales. Spyderco has not had the bolteron sheaths in stock in ages.

Does anyone know of a source for Mule team sheaths for blades with the Spyderco scales? I can find them online for blades without scales or for some other brand of custom scales but not with the Spyderco scales.

Thanks!
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
Buddafucco

Re: Mule Team Sheath Help

Post by Buddafucco »

Hey rybu0305!
Not sure if I have a good answer for you but...
I feel like the sheaths usually go in stock shortly before a new Mule Team is released. Hopefully that won't be too much longer. 🤞
I have a Hazy Design Studio sheath and the Mules with Spyderco scales definitely do not fit in it.
There is a place that I have no experience with... AZWELKE. Maybe somebody else here does? Last I heard, Halpern is the partner that produces the Mule Team scales for Spyderco. The only difference would be if the scales are flat or 3D contoured. The Mule Team scales that Spyderco sells are the 3D contoured.
•• Beau
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Try a local knifemaker who can make a kydex sheath. Or just look for someone that works in kydex.

Amazed at the colours and prints you can get nowadays.

Not a Spyderco but one I got recently

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I just went to spyderco.com to see if I could purchase one and they're available.

If not try contacting SheathPro, Inc. https://knifesheathspro.com/factory-she ... -hardware/
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

The ones available on the Spyderco site are for the Mule 2 straight spine.

I might just need to go with leather or hold out until they come in stock. Too bad Spyderco doesn’t have stock reminder notifications available on the website.
Pokey wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:02 am
I just went to spyderco.com to see if I could purchase one and they're available.

If not try contacting SheathPro, Inc. https://knifesheathspro.com/factory-she ... -hardware/
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm

There is a place that I have no experience with... AZWELKE. Maybe somebody else here does?
I bought some sheaths from azwelke a few years ago and they were great. It was before I knew about mules so I can’t comment on their mule sheaths specifically.
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

I have both contoured and flat mule sheaths from azwelke. They're awesome! Perfect retention, great color selection, top notch product.
20231211_145142.jpg
Toker

Post by Toker »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm
There is a place that I have no experience with... AZWELKE. Maybe somebody else here does? Last I heard, Halpern is the partner that produces the Mule Team scales for Spyderco. The only difference would be if the scales are flat or 3D contoured. The Mule Team scales that Spyderco sells are the 3D contoured.
I don't have a Mule sheath by AZWELKE, but I do have them for Busse knives and swords. They're top notch.
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Just ordered a couple of sheaths from AZWELKE. The Halpern Option 4 are the 3D scales. The Option 5 are the flat scales. I had to email him to find out which was which.

Now my wait begins until they come in, but at least I have my AEB-L Mule in hand.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2