Street Beat Discussion

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Street Beat Discussion

Post by vivi »

I'd definitely buy one.
:unicorn
Mr_Whiskerz

Post by Mr_Whiskerz »

kerrcobra wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:16 pm
We already have one of the Seki makers that is producing a K390 fixed blade (the Enuff 2, and it’s awesome!!). I think a Street Beat LW in K390 is the logical choice for the next enhancement of the model. It’s also probably the only one that has any chance of being produced.

I recently picked up a couple of Fred Perrin’s customs to tide me over until my dream Street Beat LW in K390 comes to fruition.
Why would you want tool steel vs. stainless on a self defense knife?
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mr_Whiskerz wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:42 pm
kerrcobra wrote:
We already have one of the Seki makers that is producing a K390 fixed blade (the Enuff 2, and it’s awesome!!). I think a Street Beat LW in K390 is the logical choice for the next enhancement of the model. It’s also probably the only one that has any chance of being produced.

I recently picked up a couple of Fred Perrin’s customs to tide me over until my dream Street Beat LW in K390 comes to fruition.
A knife being designed for self defense doesn't automatically mean it's terrible for utility. I've been using street beats for utility work for a decade and it works great.

Lots of people carry Yojimbos for utility too.
:unicorn
Danke

Post by Danke »

My Toxic Trait is I'm OK with using a knife that could rust for self defence.
Kovac

Post by Kovac »

This one is A10 the old one. And it’s not been used.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I’m also in for variations of the Perrin fixed blades! K390 or LC200N both make a lot of sense to me, despite not being very similar steels.

Seki has begun to utilize a lot of different steels now, including M4, Cruwear, and 20CV in limited quantities.
I think a street beat or two in one of these steels would be more popular than before because there seems to be a trend towards EDC fixed blades in its size class.
Maybe two versions, the lightweight and a full tang g10 or micarta version?

I’d like a SpyderEdge or partially serrated option myself.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Kovac:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Mr_Whiskerz wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:42 pm
kerrcobra wrote:

Like as others have already answered, I have no intention of using it as a self defense weapon, but I do think it’s pretty great as a cutting tool.
--Jeremy