MagnaCut Production Folders

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JRinFL

Re: MagnaCut Production Folders

Post by JRinFL »

Since others have posted fixed blades, I'll add that Ontario is, or will soon, release two fixed blades in Magnacut, one pointy FFG for general outdoor use and one blunt tipped for use in and around water. Spyderco is not the only one to have noticed MC's corrosion resistance. They are not punishing us on price either, like some others are doing with MC. It's their new SPL line.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:37 pm
Since others have posted fixed blades, I'll add that Ontario is, or will soon, release two fixed blades in Magnacut, one pointy FFG for general outdoor use and one blunt tipped for use in and around water. Spyderco is not the only one to have noticed MC's corrosion resistance. They are not punishing us on price either, like some others are doing with MC. It's their new SPL line.

The Ontario MagnaCut fixed blade 6200 SPL and 6140 SPL Dive knives are in stock at dealers for $124.95 and $149.95 respectively. They have Orange G-10 Handles and come with Molded Plastic Sheaths.

Last edited by RamZar on Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

https://youtu.be/09WKAc7ipyA

https://youtu.be/Z5Yo1f6h09c
Last edited by RamZar on Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Received my two new small & light MagnaCut folders and both are made in the US from US parts.

Doug Ritter Mini RSK MK1-G2 Knifeworks Exclusive - CPM MagnaCut and Solid Carbon Fiber Sprint Run

Tactile Rockwall Golf Sprint Run

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Kershaw Leek in MagnaCut Stainless Steel: Stonewashed Blade: $129.95, Black Cerakote Blade: $134.95. Made in USA.

https://www.knifecenter.com/find-the-be ... 20MagnaCut
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

New run of US-made Hogue Deka with Stonewashed MagnaCut blade (Clip Point or Wharncliffe) & Gold Ultem scales.

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

More Doug Ritter folders made by Hogue in US with US materials. Uses ABLE lock which is the best implementation of the old Axis lock with no blade play and blade centered. Fully ambidextrous. KnifeWorks Exclusives. MagnaCut Blade Hardness: HRC 61-63.

• Doug Ritter EXLRSK® MK1-G2 (54182) - 3.44" Stonewashed CPM-MagnaCut Drop Point Plain Blade, G-Mascus® Purple G-10 Handle — $189.95
  • Doug Ritter EXLRSK® MK1-G2 (?) - 3.44" Stonewashed CPM-MagnaCut Drop Point Plain Blade, Black G-10 Handle — $179.95

mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

DLT Trading just dropped a Hogue Deka Magnacut exclusive with an FDE Cerakote wharnie blade and OD green G10.

https://www.dlttrading.com/hogue-deka-3 ... green-g-10

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

mikey177 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 am
DLT Trading just dropped a Hogue Deka Magnacut exclusive with an FDE Cerakote wharnie blade and OD green G10.

That color combination is/was Spyderco Exclusive for River's Edge Cutlery with FDE PVD coated blade and OD Green G-10.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Doug Ritter EXLRSK® Mini RSK MK1-G2 (54197-EXLRSK) -2.9" Crucible CPM-MagnaCut Drop Point Blade, Black G10 Handle, Ambidextrous ABLE Lock® Knifeworks Exclusive - Made in USA by Hogue - $159.95

https://knifeworks.com/doug-ritter-exlr ... exclusive/

mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Zero Tolerance 0545 was announced recently.

mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Also, the clip point variant of the DLT exclusive Hogue Deka is dropping on Nov. 8.

https://www.dlttrading.com/hogue-deka-3 ... e-od-green

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

There’s also a Zero Tolerance 0350 with OD Green G-10 scales and MagnaCut steel blade with Tiger Stripe Cerakote coating.

bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Just about wet myself when I saw the SHF Plague Doctor in Magnacut. If I didn't already have an S45vn and live north of the border...
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Not a folder, but for the Buck fans out there this might be too good to pass up.

Buck 119 Special in Magnacut + Black Canvas Micarta
Last edited by kennethsime on Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Zero Tolerance 0562MIC Titanium Frame Lock Flipper with Stonewashed MagnaCut Slicer Blade and Green Canvas Micarta Front Scale is on sale for $225!

https://www.gpknives.com/zero-tolerance ... ipper.html

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Not as good a deal, but in stock.

ZT 0562MIC BLACK Canvas Micarta MagnaCut Black Hardware

https://www.dlttrading.com/zero-toleran ... k-hardware
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

BladeHQ sent an email about the various knives they have with MagnaCut steel. These include folders, fixed blades, multitools, automatics, etc.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--MagnaCut-S ... ives--3431
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Have yall seen the ZT0452?
I've seriously contemplated getting one.
vivi

Post by vivi »

https://www.dlttrading.com/cold-steel-r ... wash-blade

Keeping an eye on these. Love my recon 1 spear point.
:unicorn