2024 Product Guide - Now Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

Re: 2024 Product Guide - Now Live!

Post by Enactive »

It's interesting to see that the CruCarta Manix 2 is listed at 4.9 oz, same as the base model.

I am a bit confused.

I would have expected a premium version to have skeletonized liners. The description on the website lists skeletonized liners, but both the annual product guide and website list the weight at 4.9 oz.

Can anyone from Spyderco weigh in to clarify?
Last edited by Enactive on Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I believe the weight listing is a mistake. The description says they all have skeletonized liners, so I would expect them to be the same as the exclusive Manixes.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Looks like Spyderco will mail out printed 2024 Product Guides:

“Our 2024 Product Guide is available in a digital format above. Please complete the form below if you would like to receive a hard copy of our 2024 Product Guide and the printed Reveals that supplement it. These are available while supplies last and will be mailed via USPS mail at no charge. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery in the U.S. and 4-6 weeks internationally.”
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:19 pm
For a second there I thought we weren't going to get any surprises. But it looks like we've got a Roadie and an Urban coming in M398 steel. :smlling-eyes

Nice upgrade from N690 to M398.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Anyone see the new 2024 price list? In the past, they used to be under Files. Now, it’s just to download the catalog as a PDF. I’m using iOS Safari.

CATALOG USER GUIDE
To get the most out of your Spyderco catalog experience, here are a few helpful tips regarding this year’s format:
›› The technical specifications on each page provide a list of all edge configurations of a specific model and include the SKU number for each.
›› Edge configurations are abbreviated: P for PlainEdgeTM, PS for CombinationEdgeTM (partially serrated), and S for SpyderEdgeTM (fully serrated).
›› The product photos of all folding knives are shown at 90% of their actual size.
›› Photos of fixed blades are scaled based on individual knife size. Please refer to the technical specifications at the bottom of each page for dimensional details.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Good to see the UKPK Salt MagnaCut in PlainEdge & SpyderEdge still listed in the 2024 catalog. They were also listed in the 2023 catalog.

Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:32 am
Anyone see the new 2024 price list? In the past, they used to be under Files. Now, it’s just to download the catalog as a PDF. I’m using iOS Safari.
I also miss the price list for 2024. I thought it was because I changed computers, switched from Win 10 to macOS Sonoma and am probably still inexperienced in this detail.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
hobbyist

Post by hobbyist »

The golden stone finally now comes with the base that allows a 30 degree angle!

Is it possible to buy this base a la carte for people who don’t have it for their stones?
PantherDeNoir

Post by PantherDeNoir »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:58 am
Good to see the UKPK Salt MagnaCut in PlainEdge & SpyderEdge still listed in the 2024 catalog. They were also listed in the 2023 catalog.

Any idea which quarter this drops?
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

So... The Urban went back in stock on Spyderco.com. What are the odds that the N690Co in the description hasn't been updated yet and they're actually M398, like in the 2024 Product Guide? Probably too soon?
•• Beau
vanka

Post by vanka »

I believe it's too soon. That's 94.50$ MSRP, ideally about 72$ street price. Somehow I don't believe we'll get M398 below 100$ street price.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I am sure that Sal has handled C81GMCBKP2, the PARA MILITARY 2, SALT® BLACK G-10, CPM MAGNACUT, BLACK BLADE.

The handle is interesting. Looks very good.

How grippy is it? Is it more grippy than say a "fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle with a non-slip Bi-Directional Texture pattern" ?

I hope that Spyderco is eventually able to make a Maxamet Native Chief with the C81GMCBKP2 handle. I'd carry it and retire my S90V Native Chief. If it is the most grippy handle material, I'd really like one. That is what a self defense knife needs, a great blade and a very grippy handle.

Thank you Spyderco for making some beautiful knives.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm a bit anxious about the 2024 price increase... Europe still feels 2022 and 2023's
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
vanka

Post by vanka »

We'll just have to be more selective with our purchases. November 2022 I got the Kapara for 179.95£. Now it is listed 284.95£. That's more than 50% up.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vanka wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:43 am
We'll just have to be more selective with our purchases. November 2022 I got the Kapara for 179.95£. Now it is listed 284.95£. That's more than 50% up.

You know what´s weird?

In 2018 I paid 213 Euros for my Kapara - which at the current exchange rate would be 185 british pounds so actually a bit MORE than you paid four years later...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

vanka wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:43 am
Yes that's just a feat of collecting less, which is like the fear of rain when you plan on watching Netflix :winking-tongue
I've noticed a crazy price jump from some european dealers. The Kapara went from 180€ at some point to 270/280€ yeah...

Weird thing is that you UK people get it worse. Your knife prices are overall higher, no matter the brand ;)
And for non-europeans : it's not really Spyderco's price increase but the dealer's as well that hits us. Every year we come closer to the MSRP ^^
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

I see plenty shops setting base price above MSRP and making "sales" that barely dip below that :/.
Simonix

Post by Simonix »

Hi all. New to the forum. Very much looking forward to the m398 urban, and the magnacut UKPk.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Simonix,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Simonix

Post by Simonix »

sal wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:39 pm
Hi Simonix,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks Sal. Been lurking for a while. Already have a few Slipits (im in the uk), and definitely looking forward to more in the coming year.