Paysan

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fine Swine

Paysan

Post by Fine Swine »

So, I still see people selling allegedly NIP(ouch) Paysans on eBay. The price is what you'd expect from legitimate dealers, but I don't recognize any of these sellers. Is anyone known to be faking/cloning the Paysan at this point? I haven't seen any discussion of that, but you never know. Thanks.
riclaw

Re: Paysan

Post by riclaw »

Lots of seconds on ebay.
- Richard
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

riclaw wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:53 am
Lots of seconds on ebay.
Plus seconds you know are real, I mean if your going to clone one it’s not going to be a second.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I've not heard of any Paysan fakes at this point. Considering a integral I kind of doubt there'll be counterfeits made but I've been wrong before
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

There are fakes made of the CRK Sebenza (thread with photos on the CRK forum on BF). So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility just because of the lock type. I haven't heard of a Paysan fake before, but had not heard of a Sebenza fake before that thread either.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:29 pm
I've not heard of any Paysan fakes at this point. Considering a integral I kind of doubt there'll be counterfeits made but I've been wrong before
A Nirvana fake came out recently. It's not an integral, through.

There's a fake of the Shiro version of the Scott Cook Lochsa that is an integral. Nothing surprises me anymore, when it comes to what gets cloned.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
18 Spydies, 15 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Yeah I've seen the fake Sebenzas but I honestly don't remember how good they looked. I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

I looked at some of them on epray and they look legit but I guess it's hard to say. The asking prices make me feel very grateful that I got my factory 2nd directly from Spyderco
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

See if there is a seconds notch
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 pm

I looked at some of them on epray and they look legit but I guess it's hard to say. The asking prices make me feel very grateful that I got my factory 2nd directly from Spyderco
Yeah, I wish I'd been able to snag one of those 2nds. That would be perfect for a user. I can't bring myself to use the one I got back during the March release.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:02 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 pm

Yeah, I wish I'd been able to snag one of those 2nds. That would be perfect for a user. I can't bring myself to use the one I got back during the March release.
I understand but you should still carry and use it. Otherwise it's just an expensive trinket. I've been carrying and using mine but you wouldn't know it by looking at it
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

There was a November Paysan shipment to some dealers. Might get lucky and find one in stock below MSRP. Good luck.