Next Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TimButterfield

Re: Next Spyderco?

Post by TimButterfield »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:58 am
Tim, try the Autonomy 2 some time. I got the satin PE in the other day and I love the design. I just wonder how much I'll carry it; autos are kinda a sketchy proposition in an urban environment.
Thanks, but I'm a bit afraid to try them. You hit the nail on the head, the urban environment. I travel a bit and never know what the legalities may be where I happen to land for a bit. Blade length is another area, though it's easy enough to just carry something shorter. As I often do, I just carry shorter in the pocket and, for anything a bit longer, just carry that in a bag. If I have to carry an auto in the bag, the auto part isn't saving much time in deployment. With an auto, though, it might be illegal just to have it. I don't want to have to research everywhere I might go just in case something is legal or not. I also worry a little about keys or something else in the pocket pressing the button such as when sitting down from standing; may or may not be a valid worry. I know I have had the switchblade Audi/VW keys open in my pocket; glad they were not sharp. Anyway, for an auto, it's safer just to skip those type of knives for now. If I ever made it to a store to handle more in person, it may change my thinking enough to try it. But, I'm not ready to buy those sight unseen.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I understand. Re.opening in pocket, the Autonomy 2 has a lock. What doesn't come across in photos is the top of the lock is kinda pockey. Not rounded at all. It makes the lock easier to manipulate, imo. Merry Christmas!
- Richard
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

Just tried the Pkal, and Autonomy2, both are useful keepers.
Up next are Catcherman ×2. :bug-white :bug-white :bug-white
Laphroaig9

Post by Laphroaig9 »

Tatanka!!!

INSTANT BESTSELLER!!!
DavidNM

Post by DavidNM »

I know that no one asked but I think that I am going to get one of those K390 Dragonfly’s when they become available on the Spyderco website.
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

DavidNM wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:26 am
I know that no one asked but I think that I am going to get one of those K390 Dragonfly’s when they become available on the Spyderco website.
Me, too! I'm getting the DFly K390 Wharnie. Not sure why, but I seem drawn to the small wharncliffe blades.
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

I managed to pick up the next batch of mail today.

kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Speaking of the Autonomy 2, I have been eyeing it for some time. I prefer DLC coated blades, so I ordered the black PE one. Living in the free state of Texas, it can be carried as easily as a PM2 or a Ladybug.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

While I may travel less in the future and not worry about automatics as much, for now, I'm still in WA state where it's not legal (forgot to mention that earlier). Maybe this gives me another reason to set my license back to Livingston, TX. lol

As for DLC, I like those also. The Yojimbo I'll get soon has it.
Brant

Post by Brant »

I’m waiting on a pre order for a Para 3 Salt. For Christmas I got my daughter a pink Lil Native s45vn. The Salt will be a RIT dye experiment.