Reliable 2nd hand mule sale site?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
VandymanG

Reliable 2nd hand mule sale site?

Post by VandymanG »

So I was thinking of hunting down some mules I don’t have but that would mean buying used mules or flipped ones. Not sure I want to support the practice of buying a mule just to sell it, but…….. at least the mule should be all shiny and nice???? Used mules seems ok but also some risk?? Ugh just thinking about this gives me anxiety sigh.

Anyways anyone know of reliable sources or sites that sell out of stock mules from the past. Or maybe I should just get another AEB-L since they’re somehow still in stock, how I don’t know.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
JestersHK

Re: Reliable 2nd hand mule sale site?

Post by JestersHK »

Start with ebay maybe? I despise them and paypal, but look closely at the selling history and you'll find a bunch of Mules in there...
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I did not know AEB-L was still in stock, if it is next drop I'll definitely get another !

In Europe it's a bit different but, since I don't like eBay at all, I've found one way : buying in knife communities. For example there's a group of pretty hardcore (well, some members are) Spyderco fans in France. I managed to get my K390, RWL34 and 52100 Mules that way.

In the USA it might be less "secure" since you guys are so much more into knives, maybe there's more scamming going on since the scale of the groups is way bigger. There's also some small second hand websites on which I find Spydercos regularly, maybe there's such a thing for ya too.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

A couple of us think that the AEB-L is a "sleeper" (meaning, outperforms its reputation) and I'd recommend you nab one or two before they're gone. It's an unusually hard heat treat for that steel, and from what I've read (I think it was BBB's commentary, or maybe it was Larrin's?) AEB-L becomes quite the performer when treated hard as Spyderco has done.

As far as sources, I don't know of any that aren't already known to everybody else. eBay usually has people flipping the most recent models and early models are scarce and expensive. BladeForum has them, but usually are the more recent models for a little less than ebay prices, at a little more risk.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
standy99

Post by standy99 »

362x …AEB-L mules
and
264x …K294 mules

So plenty
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Don't forget the SPY27 straight spine mule still in stock.....good bargain!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:24 pm
A couple of us think that the AEB-L is a "sleeper" (meaning, outperforms its reputation) and I'd recommend you nab one or two before they're gone. It's an unusually hard heat treat for that steel, and from what I've read (I think it was BBB's commentary, or maybe it was Larrin's?) AEB-L becomes quite the performer when treated hard as Spyderco has done.

As far as sources, I don't know of any that aren't already known to everybody else. eBay usually has people flipping the most recent models and early models are scarce and expensive. BladeForum has them, but usually are the more recent models for a little less than ebay prices, at a little more risk.
I agree big time on the AEB-L mule. I have one and I love it. I finally forced myself to set it aside just last week so I could start testing some of the other recently mules that I was neglecting. I have been thinking of getting another one but my budget is tight. The feedback you all are giving is very useful. I think I might forget about hunting down some of the older mules and just get me another AEB-L.

Sorry to those that are offering to trade I don’t have any duplicates to trade. I do appreciate the offers though. You all would be my first option if I did.

Just musing here but maybe I might skip trying to get the HIC mule which I’m guessing is going to crash the server when it drops. And maybe just get my first duplicate mule, the AEB-L mule. Indecision and FOMO anxiety setting in now! lol 😂
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:35 am
Don't forget the SPY27 straight spine mule still in stock.....good bargain!
I didn’t forget. I got one which I’m currently modding for my woodcarving purposes. Love the price and the availability. It gives me the freedom to try modification projects and to budget them in.
Greg

VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

standy99 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 am
362x …AEB-L mules
and
264x …K294 mules

So plenty
How do you figure out how many are remaining and thanks for the information.
Greg

standy99

Post by standy99 »

VandymanG wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:25 am
standy99 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 am
362x …AEB-L mules
and
264x …K294 mules

So plenty
How do you figure out how many are remaining and thanks for the information.
You just go to checkout and try to buy 1000 of them and they say only 362 left :winking-tongue
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.