Funniest or favorite Christmas memory

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Funniest or favorite Christmas memory

Post by Doc Dan »

What is your funniest or favorite Christmas memory?

One of mine that is kind of humorous is the following: Down South is rarely snows, but one year it snowed on Christmas and dumped a foot of snow in the yard. My father went out and took a long pole (he told me many years later how he had accomplished it) that we used for burning tent caterpillars, and made sleigh tracks and deer tracks in the pristine some of our yard. We had solid proof that Santa was real! People came from miles around bringing their kids to see the wonder of Santa's tracks. :grin-smiling-eyes
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Re: Funniest or favorite Christmas memory

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm saddened that no one seems to have good Christmas memories.

I remember getting up one Christmas morn before daylight and low and behold, there was a Daniel Boone flint lock rifle and pistol, along with a Davy Crocket coon skin cap. (the rifle and pistol just used stick-um-caps)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

One Xmas, when all the kids were tiny, we rented a house for a get-together with friends as we still do, but on a beach. One of the Dads would always seem to go off to take a shower but miss Santa arriving to distribute presents.

On this occasion, as dusk drew in, the red navigation light at the end of the harbour mole grew gradually brighter and brighter. The kids were convinced it was Rudolph’s nose….
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

I have always liked this XMAS song the best.

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Ankerson wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:51 am
I have always liked this XMAS song the best.

My favorite male singer.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:51 am
One Xmas, when all the kids were tiny, we rented a house for a get-together with friends as we still do, but on a beach. One of the Dads would always seem to go off to take a shower but miss Santa arriving to distribute presents.

On this occasion, as dusk drew in, the red navigation light at the end of the harbour mole grew gradually brighter and brighter. The kids were convinced it was Rudolph’s nose….
Funny how one dad was always absent to miss Rudolph.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050