SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crox

Re: SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Post by Crox »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm
Crox wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:44 pm
I noticed the description says FRN. Is that a typo or is FRCP replaced? Has this been discussed before?

I'm assuming it's a St Nick's error, since all other Manix2 Lightweights have been FRCP and Spyderco's own listing states that it is FRCP.
Thanks.
Is this full-time volunteer work for you? Where can we send donations? :bug-red-white
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Crox wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:56 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm
Crox wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:44 pm
I noticed the description says FRN. Is that a typo or is FRCP replaced? Has this been discussed before?
I'm assuming it's a St Nick's error, since all other Manix2 Lightweights have been FRCP and Spyderco's own listing states that it is FRCP.
Thanks.
Is this full-time volunteer work for you? Where can we send donations? :bug-red-white
It’s his job. It’s what he does best. Not sure what he does for money tho 🤷‍♂️
MRj “Weak things break!”
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

JoviAl wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:22 pm
I just have no justifiable reason to buy a LW manix - I own way too many knives in that blade size bracket that literally just gather dust. I hope you all scored them if you wanted them 👍🏻
I didn't manage to get one but the LW Manix is one of my favorite knives. I have S110V in blurple and Rex45 in orange. Depending on what characteristics you like in a knife, the LW Manix might not seem exciting with its molded plastic handle and light weight but it works well for me.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

bdblue wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:22 pm
JoviAl wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:22 pm
I just have no justifiable reason to buy a LW manix - I own way too many knives in that blade size bracket that literally just gather dust. I hope you all scored them if you wanted them 👍🏻
I didn't manage to get one but the LW Manix is one of my favorite knives. I have S110V in blurple and Rex45 in orange. Depending on what characteristics you like in a knife, the LW Manix might not seem exciting with its molded plastic handle and light weight but it works well for me.
It’s more a case of the Manix XL is if anything a bit small in the blade dept for my purposes. The regular Manix LW is in that sort of in between size that is neither big enough nor small enough for my preferences. I do really like Spyderco’s LW offerings generally - the Police 4 LW SE in K390 is one of my favourites, and don’t get me started on humble Dragonfly 😂
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I fully intended to buy this one, but I was busy doing something at work and forgot to buy it. It stinks that I missed it, but the White FRCP/Satin Rex45 Manix 2 LW GPKnives exclusive dropping soon will make up for it. I have some of the other 4V exclusives of SNK's, and they're great, but I almost always reach for a Rex45 blade when I choose my edc every morning.
--Jeremy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

I picked up two of these and last week,one of the GP Knives exclusive in Rex45.This should be an indication of my fondness for the Manix 2 LW platform and the Light Weightness qualities of the knives.

As for the Speed of the whole Checkout process, I have to commend SNK for their choice of the Shopify platform and the superiority of it.Spyderco should take note.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

razorburn wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:17 pm
I have to commend SNK for their choice of the Shopify platform and the superiority of it.Spyderco should take note.
Didn't Spyderco just use Shopify for the online seconds sale?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:48 pm
Hahaha, nice one Dan!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:48 pm

LOLOLOL, now be careful with those red & black socks!! They are collector's items!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

kerrcobra wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:14 pm
I fully intended to buy this one, but I was busy doing something at work and forgot to buy it. It stinks that I missed it, but the White FRCP/Satin Rex45 Manix 2 LW GPKnives exclusive dropping soon will make up for it. I have some of the other 4V exclusives of SNK's, and they're great, but I almost always reach for a Rex45 blade when I choose my edc every morning.
Hey Jeremy, I’ve yet to try Rex 45 as I’m waiting (and quietly hoping) for a larger blade knife to come out in it like a Manix XL or Police 4 LW, but I’m keen to give it a go. I love 4V, so am genuinely interested to hear what about Rex 45 sings to you so much that you’d select it over 4V or similar? If it’s that good I may have to give it a try in something available now 👍🏻
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Cant wait to see photos of these full size SNK Manix LW’s in the wild! It’s surprising that they did the Oversized Manix before the normal, full sized Manix LW.
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:02 am
Cant wait to see photos of these full size SNK Manix LW’s in the wild! It’s surprising that they did the Oversized Manix before the normal, full sized Manix LW.
Maybe SNK thinking of natural succession. G10 models before the lightweight or possibly what worked best for both parties to get product out the door . Hopefully you may see a Lil Native and would not be surprised to see a Millie 2 in the future . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
I was surprised too but I'm pretty sure it has to do with production timing/scheduling. Maybe getting FRCP scales takes awhile?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:24 am
Mushroom wrote:
Maybe SNK thinking of natural succession. G10 models before the lightweight or possibly what worked best for both parties to get product out the door . Hopefully you may see a Lil Native and would not be surprised to see a Millie 2 in the future . Dan
They did a compression lock Lil Native in the past but a backlock variant would be super cool!
-Nick :bug-red
Traditional.Sharpening

Post by Traditional.Sharpening »

JoviAl wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:34 pm
kerrcobra wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:14 pm
Hey Jeremy, I’ve yet to try Rex 45 as I’m waiting (and quietly hoping) for a larger blade knife to come out in it like a Manix XL or Police 4 LW, but I’m keen to give it a go. I love 4V, so am genuinely interested to hear what about Rex 45 sings to you so much that you’d select it over 4V or similar? If it’s that good I may have to give it a try in something available now 👍🏻
It works better for Rex Kwon Do.

vivi

Post by vivi »

IME Rex45 shows a bit better edge retention, while 4V is a bit faster to sharpen. I don't see a huge difference in them in small folders.
:unicorn
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:15 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
They did a compression lock Lil Native in the past but a backlock variant would be super cool!
Or the Wharncliffe version. They mentioned on social media they still had a few Golden Models left to do. The Yojimbos/Yojumbos are out I believe due to the red. I would be down for the Wharncliffe Lil Native!
Last edited by JSumm on Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:57 am
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:15 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Or the Wharncliffe version. They mentioned on social media they still had a few Golden Models left to do. The Yojimbos/Yojumbos are out I believe do to the red. I would be down for the Wharncliffe Lil Native!
That would be of great interest for me too . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

My first.. One its way to here in "The Rocks"
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)