EXTREMELY disappointed with Spyderco. Update: Resolved!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
anycal

Re: EXTREMELY disappointed with Spyderco. Update: Resolved!

Post by anycal »

All that said, the squeaky wheel may get a nicer premium box out of this interaction. Not saying this should be a way to do that, but it is possible that is the outcome.

Hope it works out OP.
Peter
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It probably will turn out that way.
Subverto

Post by Subverto »

Very curious to see if OP gets an actual premium knife in his $400 mystery box now.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Sal and Co. to the rescue!!!👏👏👏
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Sal and Co. to the rescue!!
Maybe, maybe not. I'm convinced Spyderco would straighten it out without any intervention because they are Spyderco. I was convinced of that from the first time I read the original post .

For some reason the younger generation wants to whip up a mob every time someone makes a mistake. What amuses me is why some who aren't directly involved seem to want to be or at least act offended by Spydercos mistake even knowing Spyderco will take care of it. I don't get it.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Joe,

I was sure they'd handle it quickly. I mostly wanted to support because I know how frustrating a disappointment can be.

sal
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

The Mastiff wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:21 pm
Sal and Co. to the rescue!!
Maybe, maybe not. I'm convinced Spyderco would straighten it out without any intervention because they are Spyderco. I was convinced of that from the first time I read the original post .

For some reason the younger generation wants to whip up a mob every time someone makes a mistake. What amuses me is why some who aren't directly involved seem to want to be or at least act offended by Spydercos mistake even knowing Spyderco will take care of it. I don't get it.
Why would you assume I’m part of the “younger generation?” I’m 47. And I don’t “whip up a mob” every time someone makes a mistake. You sure do make a lot of assumptions. Some people want to bash me for being disappointed, whatever. I posted what happened, and Spyderco is making it right. That’s all that matters. Sorry I rustled some feathers here. The personal attacks are unnecessary. I won’t post anymore.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:20 am
I won’t post anymore.
don't do that.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:51 am
ramblinwreck wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:20 am
I won’t post anymore.
don't do that.
I agree. For one, I'm glad you posted your experience. It's good for us to be reminded that no person (or company) is perfect and that mistakes can happen. It is also good for us to see the quality of Spyderco customer service and how they are making it right. That's valuable for us as customers (and potential customers).

So, stick around and keep posting. Don't worry too much about negative comments. Perhaps someone is just having a bad day. It happens. You can give them the benefit of the doubt or ignore them (or both) and get on with your day. I hope it's a good one.

Cheers.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Been here going on 8 years and I've done my fair share of complaining 😁 sometimes you just want to vent with friends.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

☝️
What he said.

The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was sure they'd handle it quickly. I mostly wanted to support because I know how frustrating a disappointment can be.

sal
Thanks for doing it how you do. Perhaps I'm over confident but after years of seeing you and Kristi make even complicated stuff look easy down to the smallest detail I expect others to share my perspective. I guess I shouldn't.
Why would you assume I’m part of the “younger generation?” I’m 47. And I don’t “whip up a mob” every time someone makes a mistake. You sure do make a lot of assumptions. Some people want to bash me for being disappointed, whatever. I posted what happened, and Spyderco is making it right. That’s all that matters. Sorry I rustled some feathers here. The personal attacks are unnecessary. I won’t post anymore.
I wasn't talking about you. You were the OP and not "some who aren't directly involved ".
zemogKA

Post by zemogKA »

I’ve seen this same complaint on Reddit and the Facebook Millie group.

I wonder if it’s the same guy or this happened to more people.

The effort put into these online seconds sales doesn’t seem worth it. They just seem to get bad press.
DavidNM

Post by DavidNM »

Glad to hear that Spyderco is taking care of the OP. That is great Spyderco customer service on display.