EXTREMELY disappointed with Spyderco. Update: Resolved!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: EXTREMELY disappointed with Spyderco

Post by Mushroom »

Spyderco is abnormally busy after these online seconds sales. They’re picking, packing, and shipping over 1000 separate orders as efficiently as they can. It’s easy to see that this was just a simple mistake.

It’s unfortunate that you’re on the receiving end of this mistake but it’s not the end of the world and Spyderco will make it right. When you contact customer service, I can say with confidence that they will not say anything along the lines of “you’re out of luck.” You will get what you paid for.

:bug-white-red :respect
-Nick :bug-red
wrdwrght

Re: EXTREMELY disappointed into Spyderco

Post by wrdwrght »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:57 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:51 pm
ramblinwreck wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:46 pm

Excuse me, I have every right to post my disappointment online. Don’t worry about it.
And there in a nutshell is what is wrong with the world today
Right, because my example is totally what is wrong with the world today 🙄 Instead, bash me because I clearly didn’t get what I ordered and was disappointed. You sound like the problem.
No good turn goes unpunished, it would seem.

And make no mistake, Magic (doh! I made a mistake) Mystery Boxes are a good turn, at least for some here.

Why can’t you wait until Spyderco owns up to its error?

You’ve already made your point. Or, are you trying to give new meaning to your username?

ETA: Spelling/punctuation, and noted mistake
Last edited by wrdwrght on Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ramblinwreck wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:
ramblinwreck wrote:

Excuse me, I have every right to post my disappointment online. Don’t worry about it.
Right, because my example is totally what is wrong with the world today 🙄 Instead, bash me because I clearly didn’t get what I ordered and was disappointed. You sound like the problem.
So how about contacting Spyderco first and give them the opportunity to make it right before coming on their forum and ranting about it?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:46 pm
ramblinwreck wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:
ramblinwreck wrote:

So how about contacting Spyderco first and give them the opportunity to make it right before coming on their forum and ranting about it?
I am. Why is everyone piling on?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

No, people not understanding that having the right to do something is not the same as being right to do it is the problem.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

That's what you get, its a mystery box.....caveat emptor....
JohnNYPD

Post by JohnNYPD »

I’m sure Spyderco ( Sal) will make it right !!!
Let’s all stay calm ….lol
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:35 pm
Maybe you can put off upsetting yourself until they give you the “sorry sir, it’s luck of the draw” response. I doubt they will but that is just my opinion. :)

In the mean time do some chores, go out with friends, exercise , whatever you want. You seem to want to make yourself more miserable as is.

:smlling-eyes
Joe......they shorted him nearly $250 worth of product.
I think you would agree, that's not the luck of the draw. It's just a bad mistake on Spydercos part
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:53 pm
That's not the point.
He got shorted nearly $250 worth of product
Now, whether to post it up online is another matter, I can understand that.
I'm sure Sal will make it right..
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:40 pm
Cowboyfromhell wrote:
That's not the point.
He got shorted nearly $200 worth of product
I’ll admit, I initially posted out of frustration. I’m sure they will make it right as it was clearly a mistake.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:52 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:40 pm
Cowboyfromhell wrote:
That's not the point.
He got shorted nearly $200 worth of product
I’ll admit, I initially posted out of frustration. I’m sure they will make it right as it was clearly a mistake.
Hey, I get shorted $250 worth of product I'd probably do the same thing.....
At least to find out if anyone else had the same problem- That's A LOT of money.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I think you would agree, that's not the luck of the draw. It's just a bad mistake on Spydercos part
Not arguing that. Knowing Spyderco the way I ( most of us here) do I wouldn't get that upset and I'd give them a chance to straighten it out before freaking out about it. Getting upset and making post after post on a weekend helps nothing . Any of us here should be able to wait a couple days for a response. Having the ability to be patient and not become furious or fall apart due to lack of instant gratification is a needed life skill IMO.

I wasn't even able to get an order in . It didn't ruin my life. I'd love to have such easy to solve problems in my life as the one the OP is facing.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Bet the lucky punter that gets the $400 box for $250 doesn’t complain :winking-tongue
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I still don’t understand why people continue to attack the poster either directly or indirectly. If you ordered a 25sq ft three door Whirlpool from Lowe’s and a 18sq ft side by side showed up how would you react. I’m sure Lowe’s would make it right but that’s not really the point. This shouldn’t happen. Don’t tell him how privileged he is to be able to participate.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I still don’t understand why people continue to attack the poster either directly or indirectly. If you ordered a 25sq ft three door Whirlpool from Lowe’s and a 18sq ft side by side showed up how would you react. I’m sure Lowe’s would make it right but that’s not really the point. This shouldn’t happen. Don’t tell him how privileged he is to be able to participate.
I'd react by getting it straightened out and not spend any more time thinking about it. Anything that wasn't helpful such as venting online wouldn't make my list of activities. Lots of more important things to think about.

On the other hand if they wouldn't work with me I would then take a different course. I still wouldn't worry much . I can't say I ever feel helpless or not in control though and that is what drives emotional posts.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am
I don’t either, but I’m not posting again until I get a resolution (hopefully.)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:16 am
Not arguing that. Knowing Spyderco the way I ( most of us here) do I wouldn't get that upset and I'd give them a chance to straighten it out before freaking out about it. Getting upset and making post after post on a weekend helps nothing . Any of us here should be able to wait a couple days for a response. Having the ability to be patient and not become furious or fall apart due to lack of instant gratification is a needed life skill IMO.

I wasn't even able to get an order in . It didn't ruin my life. I'd love to have such easy to solve problems in my life as the one the OP is facing.
I didn't think he got that upset to be honest
For being shorted $250 - he handled it pretty dang good imo. I'm sure Spyderco will make it right.
It was just a big mistake on Spydercos part.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am
I gotta admit, it blows my mind to hear how privileged he is to buy from them....
Good grief
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:31 pm
No, people not understanding that having the right to do something is not the same as being right to do it is the problem.
Maybe in the future, he could submit his thoughts and feelings to you before posting? Just to make sure he's not doing it wrong.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ramblinwreck,

Sorry for your disappointment. As mentioned, I'm guessing it was done in error and will be sorted.

sal