What knife do you actually carry and use the most?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

What knife do you actually carry and use the most?

Post by Doc Dan »

A lot of us have knives we like to talk about, like to imagine, love to fidget with, etc. Some definitely have more of a cool factor than others. However, what knife do you actually carry the most and use the most?

It used to be the Delica, for me (still love it), but now it is the UKPK. I sometimes carry another in its place just for variety, but the simple UKPK, sans clip, is what I mostly carry and use. It is a fine performer, too.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bolster

Re: What knife do you actually carry and use the most?

Post by Bolster »

Fun thread. My "most carried" varies considerably week to week, so can only give an answer for a short span of time. Currently ... an M4 Sage. Ask me again next week! Looking forward to answers from others...
Attachments
SpydercoSage5MintFRNM4.jpg
SpydercoSage5MintFRNM4.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 26138 times
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
R100

Post by R100 »

I also vary considerably. I go through stages of solid carry of the Military, Police 3 and 4, Manix 2, PM2, GB2 and Siren but over the years the one I always come back to is the Endura. Not flashy - just such a great design. I have a few of them and the K390 is my favourite despite a few corrosion issues.

If I have to be discreet it's most often a Native 5 LW carried clipless.

Dan
Mr_Whiskerz

Post by Mr_Whiskerz »

For me, it's the St. Nick's Goddard.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

On the whole, I think the PM2 gets the most pocket time. It helps to have three of them.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Unless I have a neck knife on, I have carried my Spyderco Native Chief in S90V with me every day since it was released.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Grza

Post by Grza »

I find myself carrying and using my Manix 2 and my Sliverax the most, but I just got a Lil' Native Wharncliffe at the Red and Black seconds sale, and I think it's going to get quite a bit of use going forward.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mr_Whiskerz wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:12 am
For me, it's the St. Nick's Goddard.

This is only my short answer, but actually for me it's the Goddard too since I got it - which says something about how good it is (and 4V is!) cause it does not even have teeth and I am actually really an SE guy these days.

I also try to list my top three concerning pocket time in my signature (see below) and to update every few month (haven't for a while, otherwise the Goddard would be prominent in these lists)

(Pic from testing how the Goddard whittles wood and sharpens on a basic stone from back when it was new)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Holland

Post by Holland »

Only really carry three these days. Dragonfly Monday-friday, chaparral on weekends, and GB2 when doing anything outdoors
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Yojimbo 2 as utility, and food prep, as whatever grabs my attention.

The tip is still there, and the song remains the same.
Vamais

Post by Vamais »

Crucarta PM2
FA94BBAF-23CE-4595-B08F-2C05DAEBE0BF.jpeg
Also GB1, but PM2 gets more use. The Cruwear is going on 9 months of daily carry now, and still not a hint of patina or rust.
159D0E5D-35C6-48F9-B676-311A64D0697C.jpeg
-AHAB
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

I always carry a locker and a slippie. The number one reason for that is that I sharpen pencils with the slippie so I use the locker for most other stuff, including food work.

Most used? I like to rotate from a large to medium sized locker time about and I change my slippie at the same time. I clean, sharpen and grease both of the carried knives when changing, so that habit kinda means all my knives are used around the same amount.

I guess it would come down to which knife I have the longest so my most used Spyderco locker would probably be my Military Fluted Ti and slippie would be my HH UKPK leaf blade. My most used fixed blade is my red Mora Eldris and, from knives overall, my Schrade USA Uncle Henry LB5.

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

This one has won me over lately. There is nothing to not love about it. yes i started with a rebevel to 16 dps 400 grit coarse edge that pops hair and has bite. Cleanly push-cuts paper. :bug-red :bug-red :bug-red
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Everyday at work I carry my Magnacut Mule and my Caribbean leaf SE. Between them they make many many thousands of cuts a week. I have fancier knives and I have bigger knives, but those two are literally unbeatable as a pair for my needs.

At home I always have a Dragonfly 2 in either Salt SE H1 or a Wharncliffe K390.

Lots of other knives make appearances, such as Rockjumpers (I have three of the same SE ones now for work, they’re that good) and Police 4 LW SE in K390, but I always come back to the ones listed above.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image I normally carry two knives and in Winter at times three . The Dragonfly Salt is most carried in my right pocket and as a lefty rotate almost daily so anything is possible in that pocket . I eventually will replace the Dragonfly with an another Salt version in SE . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Not sure its either this C95. Image
Or this mini Manix. Image
One of those 2 is with me for at least 90% of my total pocket and user time.
I do dual carry but one of those 2 is almost always with me.
Last edited by apollo on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Go through long stages with a knife, could be a year or more.

Current Native 5 Maxamet - though using a Salt 1 last few weeks due to wet season here.
Previously Delica 4 in green
Previous to that, Para 3
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Weekends:
GB2 M4
Or
PM3 10V

Weekday:
PM3 Maxamet
Or
native 5 Maxamet
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

D.E.L.I.C.A - 4 for soooo long I can’t recall. Sometimes PE and sometimes PE Wharncliffe. Currently Wharncliffe …. LC200N LINERLESS AND GREEN …; OH, WAIT THINK THAT IS CALLED A SALT 2!!!

Oh sh_t …. Never mind, I lied … guess I don’t carry the Delica 4 exclusively :zipper

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
RLR

Post by RLR »

SS Dragonfly clipless drop in pocket. Either PE or SE. I think it’s the best Spyderco ever designed. Comfortable, unobtrusive, big enough for most jobs. Been into knives forever, and the DF outworks them all.