SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Good guy SNK releasing the XL version first to shut me up :rofl

Ya'll enjoy. Spydercos 4V is really well done. My XL takes a great edge and holds it for a long time.

It is and so does my St. Nicks Goddard.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:47 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:17 pm
JoviAl wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:33 pm
I’m still in a grump that I inadvertently missed the XL, but this might make me feel a shade less grouchy.

I wonder if they’ll ever do a GB2 in SNK livery 🤔
This exactly why I decided to not get the BHQ undyed GB2. I'm not sure I'd bet on it but I'm pretty sure we'll see a SNK version. I have all the SNK Spyderco exclusives to date. So a SNK GB2 would be a must buy for me
Just have to keep dropping those hints.

They said there are plans to do more Golden models that have not gotten the treatment yet. Yojimbos are out they said. I joked about the Z-Cuts, but I'm not sure what else there is. Siren?

I assume you were joking about the GB2 since it's made in Taichung
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JoviAl wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:28 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:17 pm
JoviAl wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:33 pm
I’m still in a grump that I inadvertently missed the XL, but this might make me feel a shade less grouchy.

I wonder if they’ll ever do a GB2 in SNK livery 🤔
This exactly why I decided to not get the BHQ undyed GB2. I'm not sure I'd bet on it but I'm pretty sure we'll see a SNK version. I have all the SNK Spyderco exclusives to date. So a SNK GB2 would be a must buy for me
Have they ever done a Dragonfly?
Not yet. If they do it'll likely be a FRN version since they kind of got bit with the G10/HAP40 Delicas because they were do pricey. When we were chatting with them about ideas for new models (after the Delica dropped) they sounded kind of leery about doing anymore G10 models from Seki-City. I'd prefer they do a G10 Dragonfly but understand why they wouldn't want to
pleadnotguilty

Post by pleadnotguilty »

I love my SN 4v blades. Can’t go wrong with this steel done by spyderco
vivi

Post by vivi »

Someone tell them C95 Manix and Police 4, I don't have instagram.
:unicorn
anycal

Post by anycal »

Screw construction! I am correct in assuming the blade is compatible with G10/liner handle?
Peter
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 pm

- Does anyone know if St. Nicks accepts any other payment method other than credit card (I don´t have one) like paypal or bank transfer?

Ok, I emailed them and they replied superquick: Just credit card, no other way of payment... :/
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
anycal

Post by anycal »

vivi wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:30 pm
Someone tell them C95 Manix and Police 4, I don't have instagram.
😂
Peter
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:

- Does anyone know if St. Nicks accepts any other payment method other than credit card (I don´t have one) like paypal or bank transfer?

Ok, I emailed them and they replied superquick: Just credit card, no other way of payment... :/
they take debit cards.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:41 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:

they take debit cards.

Thanks, but this is what Dylan from SNK replied to my inquiry: "Hi Gernot, unfortunately we would only be able to accept a credit card".
(Tbh: I don´t even know what a "debit card" is and how it differs from a credit card. Here where I live I get by no problem with my regular bank card, bank wiring, paypal and cash...)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:17 pm
Screw construction too. If there was a Scale Maker out there that did LW conversion this would be the one to grab.

And I can also recall folks shying away from getting (more or less rust prone) tool steels in a (pinned) folder they can´t disassemble.

Not an issue with my (uncoated) REX 45 LW, and should not be due to the coating of that 4V anyway, but screws still might be a plus for those really worried about rust development resp. preventing this.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Mmh, depending on the price I'd like to join with a fellow european and order two of these puppies...
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:09 am
Mmh, depending on the price I'd like to join with a fellow european and order two of these puppies...

Well, my friend, this has worked already once between the two of us, why not think about doing it again - ?! :smirk

Price will be USD 134.99 ( https://www.stnicksknives.com/collectio ... c101prdbk2)
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Great knife, I'm sure. Really would like to get one. But I don't have a credit card. So no 4V Manix for me :disappointed
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:30 am
Ramonade wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:09 am

Well, my friend, this has worked already once between the two of us, why not think about doing it again - ?! :smirk

Price will be USD 134.99 ( https://www.stnicksknives.com/collectio ... c101prdbk2)
Thought about it... Can totally be made once again :winking-tongue . Wouldn't be a lot more than the Goddard :grin-smiling-eyes. We'd certainly end up close to what a SPY27 LW costs in Europe.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:05 pm
I assume you were joking about the GB2 since it's made in Taichung
Your assumption is spot on! I figure if you throw it out there every time they drop an exclusive maybe one day we will see it.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Love the SNK exclusives. I have a native chief, a LW PM3, a wayne goddard (was surprised to see that one!) and a Manix 2 XL. Great looking knives and 4V is one of my favorite steels.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Senfkarte wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:12 am
Great knife, I'm sure. Really would like to get one. But I don't have a credit card. So no 4V Manix for me :disappointed
For those that are in Europe and don't know what a debit card is. A debit card is a "bank card" that can be used like a credit card. Except the funds are removed (debited) directly from your bank account vs the credit card company lending you the money. I use debit card for most transactions and rarely use cash anymore. There's more risk using it for online purchases vs a credit card because a credit card transaction has more protection. However, a lot of people use their debit card for purchases through companies they trust. I have no problem using my debit card with a company like SNK but I'd probably use a credit card (or PayPal if possible) for a transaction with a company that I'm not familiar with
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:58 am
Senfkarte wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:12 am
For those that are in Europe and don't know what a debit card is. A debit card is a "bank card" that can be used like a credit card. Except the funds are removed (debited) directly from your bank account vs the credit card company lending you the money. I use debit card for most transactions and rarely use cash anymore. There's more risk using it for online purchases vs a credit card because a credit card transaction has more protection. However, a lot of people use their debit card for purchases through companies they trust. I have no problem using my debit card with a company like SNK but I'd probably use a credit card (or PayPal if possible) for a transaction with a company that I'm not familiar with
Interesting, thank you. I will do some research and read into this
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I hope the GB2 will have the opportunity to live Red&Black one day ! (Let's follow Jeff's plot)