Got A Chuckle Out Of This

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pokey

Got A Chuckle Out Of This

Post by Pokey »

I was in a local store that was having a clearance sale on a bunch of shoes and boots. This pair of Keen sandals caught my eye. I got a bit of a chuckle out of the label on them. It’s not that the sandals are waterproof, but that the materials aren’t affected by water. 🤣
Attachments
IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
Naperville

Re: Got A Chuckle Out Of This

Post by Naperville »

I think they mean the materials will not degrade in water. I don't know how they would properly word that on a small tag though?

In 75 or 76 I was in California scrambling around large boulders (barefoot) on a beach while trying to avoid spiked urchins or sea anemones and I lost my grip on the rock-face after a wave hit me. The spikes cut into my hands and feet with ease. Shoes like that would have come in handy that day.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:48 pm
I think they mean the materials will not degrade in water. I don't know how they would properly word that on a small tag though?

In 75 or 76 I was in California scrambling around large boulders (barefoot) on a beach while trying to avoid spiked urchins or sea anemones and I lost my grip on the rock-face after a wave hit me. The spikes cut into my hands and feet with ease. Shoes like that would have come in handy that day.
Yeah, the material stands up to water. Keen uses the words "Keen.Dry" on their waterproof shoes and boots. Those have a breathable membrane in them to keep the water out. I figured these would have real good traction for crossing streams.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Pokey wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:14 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:48 pm

Yeah, the material stands up to water. Keen uses the words "Keen.Dry" on their waterproof shoes and boots. Those have a breathable membrane in them to keep the water out. I figured these would have real good traction for crossing streams.
For late Spring through early Fall, they would make great beach combing, walking or hiking shoes as long as you weren't doing anything outrageous. Full boots with ankle support for anything gnarly or climbing mountains.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Keen makes quality stuff 👏
James Y

Post by James Y »

I used to wear Teva sandals when walking at the beach. I don't walk along the beach much anymore, though (too many people around for my current taste).

Jim
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’ve had a couple of pairs of those. The first pair was great for pretty much anything from long but low-ish level hikes to hot weather general wear, and amazingly comfortable.
The replacement pair isn’t particularly comfortable at all. Go figure.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Ready for round two?

The owner probably trebled the value of the car with the new wheels and Bridgestone tires. :winking-tongue

This must be a Yaris with the rare towing package as evidenced by the trailer hitch. 😉
Attachments
IMG_5366.jpeg
IMG_5365.jpeg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Pokey wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:44 pm
Ready for round two?

The owner probably trebled the value of the car with the new wheels and Bridgestone tires. :winking-tongue

This must be a Yaris with the rare towing package as evidenced by the trailer hitch. 😉