Red & Black Holiday Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phaust

Re: Red & Black Holiday Sale!

Post by phaust »

Sirens brand new (non seconds) were cheaper a year ago, so I bet those last awhile.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Broke down and got a Siren. Been wanting to try LC200N and a Golden backlock. I can think of worse ways to spend $120.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Totally forgot about this one, but I certainly don't need another knife!
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Landed both mystery boxes. In and out the first minute. I just clicked each mystery box to add to cart first and they checkout. Then I circled back around to see what was the other items. Was hoping to pick up lefty PM2's for gifts.

I'm excited for future online seconds sale. Smooth and I guess no login/sign-in was added benefit of another layer to not go wrong. Even out the playing field for those getting stuck at checkout. I'm hoping for more variety, but I guess it's in those mystery boxes. Thanks Spyderco!👍👏
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Napsterninja wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Landed both mystery boxes. In and out the first minute. I just clicked each mystery box to add to cart first and they checkout. Then I circled back around to see what was the other items. Was hoping to pick up lefty PM2's for gifts.

I'm excited for future online seconds sale. Smooth and I guess no login/sign-in was added benefit of another layer to not go wrong. Even out the playing field for those getting stuck at checkout. I'm hoping for more variety, but I guess it's in those mystery boxes. Thanks Spyderco!👍👏
Make sure you post what is in the boxes when you get them. There was not much difference in their description "elite sprint run" vs "premium Spyderco" vs "high-value sprint run". I may not be the smartest kid but those terms sound fairly interchangeable.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

Very smooth transaction for me as well. I got both a native and manix in maxamet to try out. My 3rd Manix and I think I have a favorite...

One minor thing was I did not get an order receipt emailed to me despite saying my order was successful. Maybe just a delay as all the orders are being processed? I did get an email with a security pin when I went back in to verify my order.

Thanks again Spyderco team for giving us some great deals!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Hah, slipped my mind this was today.

Checked in at 2pm EST and the only thing left are Sirens.

Ah well, I'm well stocked as it is. Hope ya'll made some nice scores!
:unicorn
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I came on time, but nothing of interest to find. No issues with the site though, so kudos for improving the experience in that regard.
Mystery boxes aren't my jam, so that made it pretty easy to opt out this time around. As far as individual knives go, I think the only current model that could have swayed me into a purchase today would been a good deal on a Military Model (1).
It's not like I have nothing else to spend my money on, so I'm not disappointed at all. If anything I'm just more excited for the next online seconds sale, now knowing that they've seem to have solved the capacity issues.
KnifeWife

Post by KnifeWife »

Are you guys sold out already or am I looking at the wrong site?
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Thank you greatly appreciated this opportunity. I think this sale was a great example of what makes SPYDERCO amazing. You all truly care about your customers and listen to critique positive or negative and try to improve on it. What’s the Spyderco acronym? CQI - constant quality improvement (?). Well Spyderco has set the bar really high and still finds a way to improve.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:45 am
Relax. Anything that anybody wanted but missed, will be available on eBay by tomorrow, as buyers flip their purchases.
Lol didn't even have to wait until tomorrow
https://www.ebay.com/itm/196087618282?h ... BMtJP49YRj
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

kennbr34 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Relax. Anything that anybody wanted but missed, will be available on eBay by tomorrow, as buyers flip their purchases.
Everyone else is only seeing 14 items, right? And the Siren is the only one available?
- Richard
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

I was hoping to stay up for this (midnight in Singapore) but had caught a sickness bug from the kids at work and ended up falling asleep. I’ve been hunting for an Ayoob for ages but hey-ho, such is life 🤷🏼‍♂️

I hope those of you that bought a mystery box get something you really like 👍🏻
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:28 pm
kennbr34 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Everyone else is only seeing 14 items, right? And the Siren is the only one available?
Yep. I was surprised there was such a small selection after last time, but makes sense to clear whatever consolidated bulk stock there is.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

The inventory was really on the smaller side, so thankfully my wallet was safe. I was tempted by the gyuto and mystery boxes but didn't bite. None of my favorite models were featured- no salts, yo2s, yojumbos, delicas, other wharnies (besides the lil native). I also would have loved to seen more fixed blades other than the bow river. Still kick myself for not getting waterway or enuff w/o sheath in the previous online seconds sale. There was a respect bowie in the instagram promotions for this sale.
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:28 pm
kennbr34 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Yeah everything sold out within a few minutes except for the Sirens
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

kennbr34 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:55 pm
Bolster wrote:
That's most likely from the in-person sale. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Hi Al & Ken. Thanks for your responses. Big THANKYOU! to Spyderco for having the online sale again. The inventory was small but the website was smooth.
- Richard
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I bought an Ayoob. It's going to be the random present just in case somebody extra shows up for Christmas.
The site was smooth with a pain free check out.
I actually got to use my credit card instead of my debit card.
Shipping was a couple bucks cheaper.
Overall I had a good experience.
The only criticism I have is the horizontal scroll to view the items on Android. It was awkward. The scrolling was vertical on the PC, which felt correct.
:respect
•• Beau
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

kennbr34 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:55 pm
Bolster wrote:
Some of those maxamet pm2’s at the seconds sale had blades so crooked they had to be touching the scales
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp