A Gayle Bradley 2 in Cruwear!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

Re: A Gayle Bradley 2 in Cruwear!

Post by Enactive »

I'd totally be in on a Crucarta GB1, even m4 and micarta.

The GB1 is both shorter and heavier than the 2.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

ABX2011 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:11 pm
Meadowlark wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:02 pm
Think there's any chance they'd resurrect the Bradley 1 folder for a sprint? Maybe crucarta that one?

I'd definitely be in for a couple of those..

Is the tooling still available for those?

Edit: spelling
They've had exclusives and sprints of many models long after they were discontinued. I'd love to see this. Even if the GB2 is more popular than the GB1, it's been so long since GB1 ceased production that the demand could be there.
Yes, I'm hoping the demand would be there.

I won't derail this thread but a sprint/dealer exclusive GB1 with micarta scales sounds like a winner to me.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Any news on a possible release date ? I'm heavily hesitating between a second GB1 and this GB2. I think the GB2 would even cost more to import.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Drubieg

Post by Drubieg »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:05 am
Any news on a possible release date ? I'm heavily hesitating between a second GB1 and this GB2. I think the GB2 would even cost more to import.
I see one on eBay for 200 bucks
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:05 am

In case you didn't see my other post... available on Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 at 10am MT.
•• Beau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Buddafucco wrote: In case you didn't see my other post... available on Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 at 10am MT.
Thanks ! Makes it perfect, after 2 health appointments, a little treat to order !
Drubieg wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:58 pm
I see one on eBay for 200 bucks
Thanks again, depending on how much it goes to it might be a good plan :open-grin. Otherwise I can find one new somewhere... Price is not as good for me tho
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

The handle on the CF/G10 stock GB2 handle has a bit of a contour to it, right? Are the ones in the exclusive just flat?
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I’m excited for this knife. The GB2 is one of spyderco’s best offerings and having a new, perhaps more manageable, steel is quite exciting.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:30 pm
The handle on the CF/G10 stock GB2 handle has a bit of a contour to it, right? Are the ones in the exclusive just flat?
I have two. I’m not aware of any contour to the scales.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Does someone know if there will be a unit limit per house ? Me and a couple of french spyder-addicts want to make a group order but the product page does not specify any limit.

MidnightCoalCo.

Post by MidnightCoalCo. »

Ramonade wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Does someone know if there will be a unit limit per house ? Me and a couple of french spyder-addicts want to make a group order but the product page does not specify any limit.
I had the same question and emailed BladeHQ about it, below is the response I was sent. Hope this helps!

(Thank you for contacting us, I am happy to help!

I am sorry but we do not yet have any information on any cart limits for this item. However, when purchasing it, the site will only allow you to put what can be ordered at one time in the cart, so as long as the site allows it, we will not cancel it!

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!)
:bug-red-white Spyderco enthusiast with way too many to list. :bug-red-white
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

MidnightCoalCo. wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:15 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:25 pm
I had the same question and emailed BladeHQ about it, below is the response I was sent. Hope this helps!

(Thank you for contacting us, I am happy to help!

I am sorry but we do not yet have any information on any cart limits for this item. However, when purchasing it, the site will only allow you to put what can be ordered at one time in the cart, so as long as the site allows it, we will not cancel it!

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!)

Thanks a lot ! It helps a lot to know they can't really answer for now. I hope it is at least 2 unit per person. otherwise it's gonna be a very expensive GB2 :squinting-tongue

bdblue

Post by bdblue »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 am
Here was my first trial attempt on a different Spyderco. Left too much extra wood on it leading to it being broken by the router. Plus having my fingers that close was touch and go.
I think a spindle sander could work. I was even thinking a dremel with a sanding drum strapped to the side of your workbench to orient it vertical.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

bdblue wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:22 pm
WilliamMunny wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 am
Here was my first trial attempt on a different Spyderco. Left too much extra wood on it leading to it being broken by the router. Plus having my fingers that close was touch and go.
I think a spindle sander could work. I was even thinking a dremel with a sanding drum strapped to the side of your workbench to orient it vertical.
It’s what I might try next but unlike a router there is now bearing guide to run in the template scales.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Still available.

There is a limit of 2 per home for now.

riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I've got one on the way but don't like "jade" G10. Has anyone dyed G10 to match the grey color uses for the Ayoob sprint and Stretch XL?
- Richard
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

riclaw wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:28 pm
I've got one on the way but don't like "jade" G10. Has anyone dyed G10 to match the grey color uses for the Ayoob sprint and Stretch XL?
Interesting choice but I see what you’re thinking.
MRj “Weak things break!”
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but thinking about it. Trouble is I’d want to buy scales and a lunch clip immediately, so it’s more like a $300 knife.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

riclaw wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:28 pm
The trouble is they will still be translucent - you can’t add opacity with rit dye.

You also can’t really go from a darker color to a lighter color.

That said, I don’t have much experience with the jade g10.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

I would really like to get it, but considering shipping and import taxes I am looking at 300+ € and that's just a pass right now.