Any knife stores in WA and OR

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
northvanbamboo

Any knife stores in WA and OR

Post by northvanbamboo »

Hey, I'm planning a small road trip to Washington and Oregon state and was wondering, if you guys can recommend any brick and mortar knife stores carrying spyderco knives I could visit along the way? Many thanks
rangefinder

Re: Any knife stores in WA and OR

Post by rangefinder »

I'm in western WA (King County). I don't know of any actual knife stores. There used to be some knife stores (House of Cutlery, etc.) in malls, but those all closed many years ago.

The big outdoor stores (Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops, Sportsman's Warehouse, REI) have some knives. I think they all carry some Spyderco except REI. I'm pretty sure they all charge full MSRP though, so you'd be better off buying from an online dealer that does MAP.

There's a local store called Sportco in Fife that has some Spydercos. Sportco has a sister store called Outdoor Emporium in Seattle, but it's been so many years since I was in it that I don't know what they carry in that store now.

Many gun stores have knives too, but I can't say which have Spyderco knives. I've mostly seen Benchmade at gun stores.

I don't know what's available in OR; I don't get down there very often. However, there is a Ham Radio Outlet store in Portland, if you're interested in that.

Gerber, Kershaw and Benchmade have their HQ in OR. I don't know if any of them has a factory store, but if you're interested in those brands it might be worth checking.

EDIT: Also be aware that WA has a fairly high sales tax. It's generally at least 10% in the cities along the I5 corridor. It used to be easy for people out of state to not pay the sales tax (just tell the cashier and show a driver license to prove you're not from WA), but a couple years back WA made it extremely difficult and now you have to go through a process of getting a form and submitting it to the state to get a refund. I'm sure this was done because most people won't want to deal with the hassle, so WA will get more sales tax revenue.
remnar

Post by remnar »

rangefinder wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:18 pm

There's a local store called Sportco in Fife that has some Spydercos. Sportco has a sister store called Outdoor Emporium in Seattle, but it's been so many years since I was in it that I don't know what they carry in that store now.
Sportco has the best selection that I've seen in Washington.
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

Thought of another one: There used to be a store in Kirkland called "Epicurean Edge" that primarily had chef's knives, but also had some "tactical" knives. I just looked them up, and it appears that they've moved to Seattle. I haven't been to the Seattle location, so I can't say what kind of stock it has. But here's the page from the website with the address, if you're going to be in Seattle: https://www.epicedge.com/shopcontent.asp?type=aboutus