Magnacut Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
riclaw

Re: Magnacut Paramilitary 2

Post by riclaw »

I like the solid border outlining the perimeter of the scales. The milling on the Caribbean goes all the way to the edge and catches on anything I pull out of that pocket.

The border up the center of the scales will probably help material slide under the clip more easily.
- Richard
nonstainless

Post by nonstainless »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:23 am
RamZar wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:13 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:00 am
RamZar wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:15 am
Personally, I don’t like the yellow stripes on the G-10 scales of the satin model (makes it look like a bumble bee). I think they should’ve put a yellow stripe on the side like they did with the Thin Blue or Red Line Delica, Endura, etc. Much cleaner that way.
May be just me and just a guess the Yellow / Satin could be a dedicated Salt and for high visibility. Where the blacked out model could considered more of a street / working land variant. I also could be totally wrong . MG2
With MagnaCut I don’t see a need for a Black DLC Blade for extra corrosion resistance but a Blacked Out version does make it stealthier.

A few thin streaks of yellow doesn’t give it much visibility. If the entire scales were a hi-vis color that’d be different. However, making it all yellow G-10 would probably make it less attractive for purchase.

Anyway, I hope when they plan for the Military2 Salt MagnaCut with Satin Blade a better option arises.
I agree , I hope the Military 2 will have its own identity and not just repeat the PM2 variants . MG2
Absolutely! Millie salt will have all yellow handle with black streaks! :beaming-face
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. L11:35
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

nonstainless wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am

Absolutely! Millie salt will have all yellow handle with black streaks! :beaming-face
Black and Yellow digi-cam! :cheap-sunglasses
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

bobnikon wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:12 am
nonstainless wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am

Black and Yellow digi-cam! :cheap-sunglasses
That would actually be pretty cool
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
maansleroux

Post by maansleroux »

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:56 pm
I wonder, will the new Salt PM2 fit typical aftermarket scales?

I like Maganacut, but don't care for the black and yellow. I'd love to throw some Micarta on there!
I fully agree with you man. The black and yellow is so ugly. Looks like cheap tools you buy at a hardware store hehe

Some titanium scales or Micarta would be awesome. Anything a bit more premium looking for such a nice steel. Now ill have to buy it and get other scales anyway. And dont even get me started that the Para 3 is only a lightweight option. Cant even put on n ice aftermarket scales to help it out.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

maansleroux wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:09 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:56 pm
I wonder, will the new Salt PM2 fit typical aftermarket scales?

I like Maganacut, but don't care for the black and yellow. I'd love to throw some Micarta on there!
I fully agree with you man. The black and yellow is so ugly. Looks like cheap tools you buy at a hardware store hehe

Some titanium scales or Micarta would be awesome. Anything a bit more premium looking for such a nice steel. Now ill have to buy it and get other scales anyway. And dont even get me started that the Para 3 is only a lightweight option. Cant even put on n ice aftermarket scales to help it out.
Honestly, I don’t mind G10, I’m just particular about colors. Micarta is a nice option if im already changing scales.

I’m pretty stoked on the P3LW. I like the LW model better than the G10, feels like it takes up less space in the pocket.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

I have to assume that the black/yellow bumblebee look is an attempt to determine just how far they will have to go to keep the PM2 in Magna-Cut from selling out in ten minutes or fewer.
Stas

Post by Stas »

dj moonbat wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:19 pm
I have to assume that the black/yellow bumblebee look is an attempt to determine just how far they will have to go to keep the PM2 in Magna-Cut from selling out in ten minutes or fewer.
Or to keep selling also other PM2s in the catalog:)
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
zenfoldor

Post by zenfoldor »

Just wanted to say thanks for info in this thread. PM2 in Magnacut is indeed first Spyderco I ever ordered, but since my post I also ordered a Millie in crucarta, and a endura wharncliff in K390. Only the endura has arrived so far but it is epic! Can’t wait for my PM2 and my Millie! Woohoo!