Crucarta Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ekastanis

Re: Crucarta Manix 2

Post by ekastanis »

blueblur wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:16 am
There was also the smooth carbon fiber, satin blade exclusive from I believe knifecenter around 2016.
Neat, I either forgot completely about that one or missed it altogether. I’ve seen a few of the gray G10 on the secondary market but not the smooth CF I don’t believe.

I have the Crucarta Shaman and PM2. Cruwear is great to use and sharpen, and the brown canvas micarta material is very nice. If I needed another Manix, this would be the one.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Very excited about this one. G10 Manix became one of my most favorite Spyderco knives up to this date since I purchased it few months ago. Upcomin Crucarta version is must have for me
LineCableTech

Post by LineCableTech »

I just pre ordered this knife. It will be my first manix, my first experience with cru wear steel, and my first micarta scales. Very excited to try all of it out :)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear LineCableTech:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

LineCableTech wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 pm
I just pre ordered this knife. It will be my first manix, my first experience with cru wear steel, and my first micarta scales. Very excited to try all of it out :)
You made a great choice ! You will live it!
The Manix is an amazing design that is perfect for every kind of job you can trow at it.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

LineCableTech wrote:
Welcome to the Forum . Great start jumping on upcoming Manix 2 , it will serve you well . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

LineCableTech wrote:
Trifecta!!! 👏👏👏
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

For those concerned whether or not this will have skeletonized liners my guess is they will. Even if they don't the one's with full liners don't really feel much heavier than the ones with skeletonized liners. My first Manix 2 was the S30V with full liners and I was concerned it would feel too heavy. It wasn't. When I eventually got one with skeletonized liners I held one in my right hand and one in my left. There was enough of a difference to make a fuss about
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Don't have a Manix 2, but I want one. Trying to decide whether to get the regular or XL in Cru. I carried Delicas for about 20 years, then switched to Stretch. Have recently been trying the PM2 (which I like) and the Shaman (which I also like). Seems like I have the bug again to have different knives in my pocket and around the house.

Any thoughts or comparisons of the Manix 2 and/or XL to the Shaman, PM2, Stretch, or Delica would be appreciated. Thx.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
z1r

Post by z1r »

I'm down, but honestly, would prefer a LW version in CruWear
vivi

Post by vivi »

kriezek wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:28 pm
Don't have a Manix 2, but I want one. Trying to decide whether to get the regular or XL in Cru. I carried Delicas for about 20 years, then switched to Stretch. Have recently been trying the PM2 (which I like) and the Shaman (which I also like). Seems like I have the bug again to have different knives in my pocket and around the house.

Any thoughts or comparisons of the Manix 2 and/or XL to the Shaman, PM2, Stretch, or Delica would be appreciated. Thx.
viewtopic.php?t=89067

viewtopic.php?t=85577
:unicorn
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Thanks Vivi. Nice write-ups. That helps a WHOLE lot. Two of the things that I really like about the Stretch are the closed back and choil. I see a C95 in my near future.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
Mat_ski

Post by Mat_ski »

Reviving this thread.

Any estimates on when these will start shipping or did I miss it?
Crox

Post by Crox »

Mat_ski wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:44 am
Reviving this thread.

Any estimates on when these will start shipping or did I miss it?
You have not missed it.

No idea on shipping. Only Spyderco knows for sure.