Reveal 14 is on FIRE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tristan_david2001

Re: Reveal 14 is on FIRE

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

vivi wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:22 pm
Chiefs are no less creative than calypsos. preferring one model to the other doesn't make a knife bad. Most reveals are primarily knives I don't want to buy, but they appeal to others.

The Chief was a 20 year wait. There's a new calypso in the works and the last sprint was much less than 20 years ago ;)
Alright well I never said the chief is a less creative model, I never said my preference for a calypso makes the chief bad either. And I said Caly models have been long overdue the past 20 years I didn’t say none were made in the past 20 years. There’s been 1 calypso sprint in the last 25 years dude. The Calys are special knives, they are fundamentally the deepest design roots of spyderco for in-house edc locking folders, they share largest amount of design genes than any other model. They deserve better recognition and sales
:bug-red-white
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

This is the coolest overall reveal since I caught the Spyderco sickness about 4 years ago. That said, my collection is pretty flush and the only MUST HAVE for me is the Catcherman. What a cool design and I can’t belief how much blade you get for the weight, and SO thin!
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Much goodness in this Reveal, for sure. I will end up with several eventually.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

My favourite thing about this recent Reveal is the expansion of the MagnaCut Salt line to include the PM2. I have a non-Spyderco folder in MagnaCut, but it's not a design I would seriously press into service as a regular rotation work knife (it's more of an EDC/"dress" knife design). No such reservations with a PM2 in MagnaCut.
dan31

Post by dan31 »

The chiefs are going to be popular. I’m going for the Salt SE.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

kobold wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:08 am
I already have enough FRN and compression lock knives, so I'll keep waiting for a Magnacut model I like.. I hope this deluge of FRN and comp lock will clear the way for other lock types and handle materials (CF/titanium) combined with MC in the future.
This sums up my feeings as well. While FRN is excellent handle material, it no longer causes me to open my wallet. In addition, I am too cheap to buy two knives, and then do a blade swap to achieve a single franken-knife I would like to carry.

Grizz