Reveal 14 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Matus

Re: Reveal 14 Live!

Post by Matus »

Is this really happening, or is it some cruel joke? Just amazing.

On a second thought … it is likely going to take a while to get them all to the market. That’s good. It increases my survival chances.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

The expansion of the salt and crucarta series goes without saying…that’s incredible…

But the Sage 5 lw in maxamet turned my head immediately. It’s great to see the sage 5 lw line continuing so strongly…now we just need THAT in crucarta and I can die happy
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Best reveal in years! Multiple items I want!
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

now that i'm home from work...

that is one amazing reveal. great job, spyderco. i'm excited about a lot of these.

initial thoughts:
bodacious - i think i'd actually love this knife as a fixed blade with a rounded handle.

military 2 - i'm glad to see so many variations of this model so fast. i've been waiting for the dlc model to release and i'll probably stick with that one, but s110v, cruwear, and s90v all in one reveal is pretty great. also hoping this one gets magnacut in the future after hearing eric talk about most of the golden lineup getting magnacut versions eventually.

spy27 - i'm really glad to see this spreading too. i hope we see more of it, to include a g10 manix.

lil native lw - these are going to be really great. i've wanted a lil native for a long time, but always hesitated because i think the native is a little too thick. 2.5mm might be just right.

crucarta - this expansion is really cool too. if i didn't have my 15v manix with micarta scales, i would absolutely be getting this one and be totally happy with it.

taichung lw - i really want a sage lw. i'm personally not interested in maxamet, but i know it'll make a lot of people happy and i'm excited about the prospect of other steels too.

pm2 salt - i'm not a pm2 guy, but these look really great. i like the black and yellow. maybe the caribbean was disco'd for a future release like this? that would be amazing. i'm also stoked to see a dlc salt. we need more coated salt models, so i'm really happy to see that.

manix 2 lw salt - meh. 🤣 everyone knows where i stand on this one. can't wait to carry it and i will probably own multiples. it's my favorite knife and my favorite capability (salt), so it's basically the ultimate spyderco for me.

stretch 2 xl salt - i've been anticipating this one since the s2xllw came out, but i am very surprised this is being released in h2 instead of lc200n. i will likely still buy this one in pe and use it as a lw camping folder. if it's ever released in se h2 and all black, i'll certainly get that one too, and i could see it even dethroning my pac salt in the same configuration. i'll also buy it in ffg lc200n if that follows.

spymyto - i don't really follow other brands much. i remember liking some lion steel designs in the past, but never enough to purchase them. the spyopera never quite did it for me, although the damascus/cf version has grabbed my attention a few times. this one looks really cool though. i was initially turned off by the flipper tab, but think the option to remove it is quite brilliant. they might get me with this one depending on when it's released in relation to the others.

catcherman - i'm not interested in this at all, but i'm really happy for all of you that are. i know what it's like to want an old model and think you'll never have a shot at it. happy fishing!

profile stones - these look really great! i was excited immediately when i saw them. i've wanted a ds2 for a while, but wished for cbn/medium vs cbn/fine. this will be a great option to build a field sharpening kit that will work better for me. i wish they were a few inches shorter, but maybe they can be cut down? you guys think a dremel tool could turn these into a set of 5" stones and a set of 3" stones?

mt40 - very cool. not for me, but very cool. i'm glad some of you (including spyderco) are adventurous enough to make this happen and try it. we all benefit from you. keep doing your thing!

i've seen other comments saying this already, but i agree it's a really great reveal that covers a ton of ground. magnacut, cruwear, maxamet, spy27, m398, micarta, new g10 textures, salts galore, serrations, all different locks, lightweights, heavyweights, and much more. what a crazy range of products in a single reveal. it's quite amazing.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Man for the last year or two I've been kinda burned out. Got a M2 but not much else lately. This new reveal is so amazing! From cover to cover, you had me at magnacut and took over with ceramic. I cannot wait for the chance to own something from this reveal.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Three PM2s and that ceramic mule! I hope the Spyderedge Military 2 comes out before all of the new announced flavors...
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Haven’t had time to be on the forum much this week, until now.

What a set of knives!
Sweet sharpening options too!
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:42 pm
Whew, brain-freeze!!!

Now thawed, I see that good things really do come to those who wait. Thanx, Spyderco.

From the Reveal’s front to its back, these are the offerings that have my eye:

Bodacious - Thought Sal was reserving this name for a rescue model, and entirely forgot this name is connected to bull-riding; odd that it’s not presented as being the promised choil-less Shaman, or even as having Shaman roots; I want this handle-forward design soonest.

Military2 Crucarta - Bought the OG; this one will be my reward.

MagnaCut PM2 Salt - Been wanting this one forever.

SpyMyto Flash Batch - Just the second “flash batch”, right?; removable flipper, M398 and lockbar-insert interest me; would be my first manufacturer-collaboration.

S90V Military2 Sprint Run - Bought the OG; this one will be my reward.

ProFile Stones Set - 701 returns; I missed out on the disco’d OG; JD convinced me years ago that this offering is a must-have.
SpyMyto will be the fourth “Flash Batch” - Lil Nilakka, Darn Dao, Bombshell, and SpyMoto.

I want to try and keep up with every Flash Batch they release for as long as I’m a collector, so I feel obligated to get one of these. :cheap-sunglasses
-Nick :bug-red
embry386

Post by embry386 »

That Catcherman! Going to be picking one up for sure :D
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

What’s the best way to guarantee myself a catcherman? Find online retailer? Or buy directly from spyderco? Also how soon after this reveal will it be available?
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
superpog

Post by superpog »

Immediate onto my list: Magnacut Para2, catcherman, HIC mule, Spymyto...

Fantastic reveal! Start to budge for 2024.....
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Outstanding lineup! The pain in my wallet will be excrutiating.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Toker

Post by Toker »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:06 pm
The Catcherman Salt Sprint Run with an LC200N FFG ComboEdge Blade (4.64” long and only 0.07” thick) for $112.00 should sell out fast! The integral handle and clip are pretty sweet. I know it’s geared more towards saltwater fishing but it should also make a great self-defense EDC.
It wouldn't be my first pick for a SD knife. I have the USN H1 version and it's a thin and flexible blade. The FRN handle is also a little slicker than I would want.

It is a awesome fishing knife though.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Toker wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:01 pm
RamZar wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:06 pm
The Catcherman Salt Sprint Run with an LC200N FFG ComboEdge Blade (4.64” long and only 0.07” thick) for $112.00 should sell out fast! The integral handle and clip are pretty sweet. I know it’s geared more towards saltwater fishing but it should also make a great self-defense EDC.
It wouldn't be my first pick for a SD knife. I have the USN H1 version and it's a thin and flexible blade. The FRN handle is also a little slicker than I would want.

It is a awesome fishing knife though.

If the blade is that flexible then I’d agree with it not being so suitable for self-defense.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm excited to try it out as an EDC. It has a killer size to weight ratio and will be the XXL Salt I've been wanting. Pacific Salts are the smallest folders I carry but basically the largest salt currently out. That will be changing very soon between this sprint and the Chief Salt.

I have reservations about a flexible 4.5" blade for tip work and piercing tasks, and I'd prefer a modern clip to molded on, but I think I can make it work for me. I'll do a full write up on how it compares to a Pacific Salt for utility work whenever I get my hands on a pair.
:unicorn
Jeb Stuart 78

Post by Jeb Stuart 78 »

Really cool reveal! I just put a pre order down on the cru-carta Manix 2. Got a question though & was hoping y'all could help. If I wanted to swap out the micarta scales for a set of liner delete AWT scales, that would work right? No offense to those who love the Micarta but I seem to like aluminum better. Do any of you wise folk foresee a problem?

Thank you, jeb
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

huyfishin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:23 pm
What’s the best way to guarantee myself a catcherman? Find online retailer? Or buy directly from spyderco? Also how soon after this reveal will it be available?

Looking at your vids and pics: YOU really do need and deserve one...

In guess Spyderco should send you a Catcherman Salt for free, you´d be a great ambassador for it ;) (as would be Lance / Surfing Gringo)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:57 pm
manix 2 lw salt - meh. 🤣 everyone knows where i stand on this one. can't wait to carry it and i will probably own multiples. it's my favorite knife and my favorite capability (salt), so it's basically the ultimate spyderco for me.

stretch 2 xl salt - i've been anticipating this one since the s2xllw came out, but i am very surprised this is being released in h2 instead of lc200n. ......

- Like I guess half of the forum I am really happy for you that the Manix 2 Salt finally is here... :clinking-mugs :smiling-cheeks

- Said it somewhere else already: To me the advantage of an H2 Stretch XL primarily is that now I can have an option with a more robust blade and especially tip due to the hollow sabre grind.
The ffg version (in VG10) is amazing for general EDC and actually most real knife tasks, but I hesitate a bit to bring it as my only knife to the outdoors and really beat on it cause of the very fine tip (especially in SE chisel grind).

So it will be great to have an option for "merciless" use too... ;) (and in high viz color!!)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
msum

Post by msum »

What a reveal!

I might need to pick up a Manix 2 Salt +/- Crucarta and will definitely need to pick up a Mule Team or two. Stay out of my way, people. Please…

Will the Manix 2 Salt be “disassemblable” for maintenance?

Anyone care to speculate as to when MT40 will drop?
Toker

Post by Toker »

vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:37 pm
I'm excited to try it out as an EDC. It has a killer size to weight ratio and will be the XXL Salt I've been wanting. Pacific Salts are the smallest folders I carry but basically the largest salt currently out.
It's on the larger size for EDC. You definitely won't forget that it's in your pocket.
vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:37 pm
I have reservations about a flexible 4.5" blade for tip work and piercing tasks, and I'd prefer a modern clip to molded on, but I think I can make it work for me. I'll do a full write up on how it compares to a Pacific Salt for utility work whenever I get my hands on a pair.
The blade flexes too much for tip work. The molded clip doesn't have the tension that a metal clip does, so it can shift around a lot more. The molded clip is my least favorite thing about the Catcherman.