Reveal 14 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
p_atrick

Re: Reveal 14 Live!

Post by p_atrick »

Wandering_About wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:45 pm
I'm rather jaded from having been part of a multi billion dollar manufacturing site expansion, but I wouldn't bank on that being strictly true...

Thanks for the insight. I don't have much experience with these things. And, yeah, patience is hard after a Reveal drops.
cjk

Post by cjk »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:28 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:14 pm
i'll probably end up with a stretch 2 xl salt first though. i was surprised to see these in h2 instead of lc200n. anyone else?
I was surprised to see that as well with the HG Saber Ground blade. It's the knife I didn't know I needed. Well, along with several others on this reveal.
A serrated stretch 2 xl is on my want list. I think I might rather have the Salt one.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I want to say I am excited to finally get Spy27 in a non-lightweight format!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:34 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:31 am
Supercool Reveal... coolest thing for me personally: Chaparral LW in SE...finally!! :grin-big eyes

Must be a monster cutter... and is a must have...
Ha, I saw that knife and knew it was right up your alley!

You know me well... ;)

IF a small Spydie, than one like the Chap and in SE... Should Sal ever "stretch" this thing to one of my dream knives, the Chap XL - my other Spydercos would have to fight hard for the place in my pocket...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Short glimpse of P3LW salt and M2LW salt towards the end
hobbyist

Post by hobbyist »

Wow for me the must haves are the para 3 salt, pm2 salt and serrated chap. Such a great reveal.
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

May be tempted by a Salt Native Chief or a Stretch but would really love a Catcherman.
Any idea if they'd come to Europe, being a sprint?

I wouldn't have minded the Stretch or Native in a combo edge to bring something new to my collection.

Kind of glad they wont be available too quick ...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:37 pm
I want to say I am excited to finally get Spy27 in a non-lightweight format!
That's tempting me as well! Wish it was last year when I was still heavily using my knives. Bet that shade of Blue is really nice in person.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Whew, brain-freeze!!!

Now thawed, I see that good things really do come to those who wait. Thanx, Spyderco.

From the Reveal’s front to its back, these are the offerings that have my eye:

Bodacious - Thought Sal was reserving this name for a rescue model, and entirely forgot this name is connected to bull-riding; odd that it’s not presented as being the promised choil-less Shaman, or even as having Shaman roots; I want this handle-forward design soonest.

Military2 Crucarta - Bought the OG; this one will be my reward.

MagnaCut PM2 Salt - Been wanting this one forever.

SpyMyto Flash Batch - Just the second “flash batch”, right?; removable flipper, M398 and lockbar-insert interest me; would be my first manufacturer-collaboration.

S90V Military2 Sprint Run - Bought the OG; this one will be my reward.

ProFile Stones Set - 701 returns; I missed out on the disco’d OG; JD convinced me years ago that this offering is a must-have.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

Great Reveal. Very glad to see expanding magnacut lightweight and crucarta lines.

Wish the stretch xl was in magnacut, and will wait on a more interesting steel for the bodacious (crucarta?). Given we’re already in mid-October, I also wonder how many of these knives will actually be available at the quoted prices, instead of only after 2024 price hikes.

But overall, a great Reveal.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Undoubtedly the best Reveal with the widest appeal. Good to see more MagnaCut and CruCarta. I would’ve loved a Native5 CruCarta and a Military2 Salt MagnaCut.

The ones for me (at these prices):

• SpyMyto $231.00
  • Military2 CruCarta $213.50
  • Chaparral Lightweight SpyderEdge $116.90
  • Mule Team HIC $150.00
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Salt Stretch XL will be my first purchase. The cruwear Manix after that.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

So many great knives in this reveal, albeit none of them I've been specifically looking for.

Definitely getting the PM2 Salt in MagnaCut, maybe even both versions. The PM2 is a mainstay in my work knife rotation & I'd love to compare & contrast its performance to that of the CruCarta PM2.

The Para 3 LW Salt & Manix 2 LW Salt are also intriguing, as are the Profile Stones (I already carry a cheap "pen-style" diamond sharpener in my work bag, but I'd gladly replace it with the CBN profile stone).
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Good God they're trying to bankrupt me. Cru carta manix 2 and XL, salt manix 2, lil native lightweight (yay thinner blade stock), native chief salts, a freaking catcherman sprint!! and a serrated chaparral. Jeez.

Oh well, I eat too much anyway.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Ok this one is pretty silly for someone with my preferences. I can't think of another reveal that has even come close to matching what I personally look for.

Comments as I flipped through it for the first time:

1. Bodacious looks nice. I could see it making a nice smaller knife for me. I'm a big fan of designs with the edge all the way to the handle and hope to see more, so financially supporting this design is in my interest even if its a touch smaller than my usual carry.

2. Cool seeing the Millie 2 already getting different steels but I'm fine with S30V DLC personally. Eager for that version to hit retailers!

3. Ok the crucarta Millie 2 looks better to me. I may pick up one, especially if it beats the DLC base model to market. I've been carrying carbon steels all fall and I enjoy the sharpening response and seeing the patina slowly develop with use.

4. Curcarta Manix XL? **** YES. Insta buy. I have a micarta / M4 DLC Manix XL and while I love it sometimes I wish I held o to my non-DLC M4 XL so I could enjoy some patina action. This will fill that role and will be cheaper than picking up another M4 + after market scales.

5. Native Chief Salt? Hold the phone. I'm selling off every folder I own and buying a million of these, lol. I've always said when they make a Chief Salt, Millie Salt or Police Salt, it could be the last folder I own. I don't even care which steel I get, I'm buying whichever comes out first, dying it dark green and carrying it every day.

6. Stretch XL salt? Awesome, just like the mini-millie and mini-manix. But the Chief works better for me.

7. Catcherman? Ya kidding me guys? I've been asking for a salt sprint for something like a decade. At this point this reveal is starting to feel fake, too many instabuys for me. This one is easily a day 1 purchase. The size to weight ratio and thin blade stock have always intrigued me on this model. Excited to buy a salt sprint instead of paying $200 for an AUS8 user off ebay or similar.

8. Neat mule team. I remember when someone here made a thread mentioning this tech to Sal. Always cool to see something go from a discussion here to reality.

Wow. That was one **** of a reveal. I usually find myself interested in maybe 10% of a reveal. This one is more like 50%. Ridiculous.

Can't say enough good things about this addition to the line up.
:unicorn
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Being such a great reveal, I now dread all the impatient people making threads asking where this is and that is over the next few months. They'll be available when their available!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Catcherman Salt Sprint Run with an LC200N FFG ComboEdge Blade (4.64” long and only 0.07” thick) for $112.00 should sell out fast! The integral handle and clip are pretty sweet. I know it’s geared more towards saltwater fishing but it should also make a great self-defense EDC.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Fantastic reveal!

Making up for lost time on the Magnacut offerings!

So many great things!

Catcherman!

CruCarta everywhere!

The Profile Stones look interesting!

Just too much!

Thanks Kristi!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:42 pm
Being such a great reveal, I now dread all the impatient people making threads asking where this is and that is over the next few months. They'll be available when their available!
:winking-tongue
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Amazing Reveal, my wallet will take a beating. I hope the Spyderco crew took in good humor all the hand wringing and teeth gnashing over it.