Swear I lost some

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Shagnasty

Swear I lost some

Post by Shagnasty »

I think I had more of these........ maybe around here somewhere. Anywho, firing up this old project again. These will be finished out with 1 of kind scales and mosaics. I have a box of very rare and unique blocks / scales I have also been collecting. Should be fun figuring out what scales should go with which steel.

standy99

Re: Swear I lost some

Post by standy99 »

Few special ones there… especially the M4 and the Damascus :hushed-face
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

standy99 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:56 am
Few special ones there… especially the M4 and the Damascus :hushed-face
Thanks, I am trying to fill in the gaps with the ones I missed. Hard to find a lot of these older mules in NIB condition, but hardest thing is pairing the steels up with the handle materials and mosaics. Will be a fun project when I get started I'm sure.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Nah…just lay out the mule boxes without looking what steel, and put a block on each one :winking-tongue

My hardest thing is finding time with work lately.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

standy99 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:01 am
Nah…just lay out the mule boxes without looking what steel, and put a block on each one :winking-tongue

Yeah maybe completely rando and just go that route. Hard not to peek at the steel tho hahaha
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

standy99 wrote:

I'm in the same boat ! I have many Mules in need of a handle but not much time to even enter the workshop.

But I'm about to finish my proto of screw together stabilized burl scales :open-grin . Should be cool ! (Even if I prefer riveted)

Nice Mule Team though, I recently managed to score a MT1P and am waiting on some westinghouse micarta (or other vintage micarta) to give this one a suiting handle !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:15 am
standy99 wrote:

I'm in the same boat ! I have many Mules in need of a handle but not much time to even enter the workshop.

But I'm about to finish my proto of screw together stabilized burl scales :open-grin . Should be cool ! (Even if I prefer riveted)

Nice Mule Team though, I recently managed to score a MT1P and am waiting on some westinghouse micarta (or other vintage micarta) to give this one a suiting handle !
I get that for sure. Mules and kitchen knives, which do I want to work on? I will keep an eye out for some of the ones Im missing, but yeah the handle materials and the truly one of kind pieces are what im going to go with. Those scales that you just dont see. Burl and mosaics are my weakness.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Shagnasty wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:27 am
Ramonade wrote:
standy99 wrote:

I get that for sure. Mules and kitchen knives, which do I want to work on? I will keep an eye out for some of the ones Im missing, but yeah the handle materials and the truly one of kind pieces are what im going to go with. Those scales that you just dont see. Burl and mosaics are my weakness.
Well, We're both very similar in our taste then ! I'm a beginner still so I don't get a lot out of my comfort zone.But I'll try to experience with bolsters and 2 or 3 materials handles during this year (I'm weird, I tend to think of one year as September to August)

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:45 am
Shagnasty wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:27 am
Ramonade wrote:
standy99 wrote:

Well, We're both very similar in our taste then ! I'm a beginner still so I don't get a lot out of my comfort zone.But I'll try to experience with bolsters and 2 or 3 materials handles during this year (I'm weird, I tend to think of one year as September to August)

Yep thats exactly the idea.... Love the blue in the first mule. All my stuff is stabilized and gets used for other things beside blades too.... Image
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Ooooo I'm liking this thread!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Great thread. Thank you for starting it. Amazing scales! Do you make your own scales from scratch or if not where do you get them?
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

VandymanG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:14 am
Great thread. Thank you for starting it. Amazing scales! Do you make your own scales from scratch or if not where do you get them?
Thanks yeah I make my own scales. Burl comes from all over the world. Stabilized and bookmatched then onto the blade. Still looking for some more of older mules and then I will start the project.