Magnacut Inkosi Insingo large blade.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BeggarSo

Magnacut Inkosi Insingo large blade.

Post by BeggarSo »

I recently purchased a Magnacut Inkosi Insingo large blade from a Chris Reeve listed Dealer.

When comparing it to the same model in S45Vn they have made allot of changes you can really tell in the way it cuts I have owned many Chris Reeve Sebenza Inkosi etc and this is the sharpest I have ever came across.

It is also lighter than the previous model and the blade is shaped different the swedge on the front is longer and thinner.

Does anyone know if this is true of all the Magnacut line. Has Chris Reeve knives been doing CQI? If so this is a move in a good direction.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
Brock O Lee

Re: Magnacut Inkosi Insingo large blade.

Post by Brock O Lee »

I am not aware of any differences.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I have a recent DP Magnacut 31 and measured a recent umnumzaan; both have excellent grinds and are thinner BTE than my older Sebenzas. The 'Zaan was .014 BTE!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:34 am

Because there really aren't any differences. :rofl

In the steels that CRK uses/used people would not really notice any difference in real use.

S30V, S35VN, and now Magacut are so all in the same category so noticing what steel is which in real use would be highly doubtful.

Thought I would throw in a little realism here. ;)
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:24 am
Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:34 am

Because there really aren't any differences. :rofl

In the steels that CRK uses/used people would not really notice any difference in real use.

S30V, S35VN, and now Magacut are so all in the same category so noticing what steel is which in real use would be highly doubtful.

Thought I would throw in a little realism here. ;)
This question in the form of a post was not about the steel itself, it was about the changes the model has underwent in terms of geometry, weight and changes in thinness behind the edge compared to earlier models and I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie