axis lock on bm...whats the deal

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Chucula

axis lock on bm...whats the deal

Post by Chucula »

this is more of a story but here goes anyway

today i handled for the first time a benchmade, looked like a griptilian. i opened it, closed it, opened, closed, and gave it back. despite the pros (decent ergos, very smooth opening) this knife felt so puny, light, and not very sturdy--lockup felt weak. i asked the guy what steel it was when i gave it back; he said i dont know but it cuts. go figure.

anyway i was intrigued by the locking mechanism. i have heard that it is a really strong lock but it didnt feel as solid as manix/blackhawk/calypso etc. is it over-hyped or did i miss something? i felt that the one good thing about the lock was the ease of one handed closing. for all my spydercos i have to hold the knife funny to close with one hand (all are lockbacks i think). of course i was aware of this when i bought them so that does not change my view at all. i am just curious about that lock :confused:

by the way, i pulled out my spydercard (the only knife i had with me) and impressed everyone with the crazy shape, design, and size of it. imagine if i had any of my other :spyder: 's :D