What’s on your current short list?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: What’s on your current short list?

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I keep trying to find a reason to purchase but very few are lighting the fire . The Lwt. Native Chiefs , StretchXL Salt , and Manix Salt have my main interest . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

Okay I've made a promise to myself. I've put it off for far too long. No matter when or what, my next purchase WILL be salty. Not sure which yet, but definitely something salt.
Sherer19

Post by Sherer19 »

With the decrease I was thinking of the Swayback, if anyone has any feedback on it.
I just picked up the Techno 2 and like it. Is the Swayback built to the same or more quality? (I assume the Techno not having reinforced lockbar or stop pin is fine).
I was also considering the Pochi but thst may be too much form over function. I love the Chap, but just got the FRN so don't know if the CF is needed.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Sherer19 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:52 am
With the decrease I was thinking of the Swayback, if anyone has any feedback on it.

I'd suggest finding one in a local store and seeing how it fits your hand. It is an absolutely beautiful knife, but it did not fit my hand. The point in the back dug a bit into my palm. The access to the Spydie hole is a little small. That wasn't as big a deal as the ergonomics.
kobold

Post by kobold »

I would like to experience Cruwear at last and I like the Stretch 2 XL.. but it's a bit expensive (and I already have a PM2, I don't need another one). Hmm..
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Emitch

Post by Emitch »

I'm waiting on my Manix 2 (sixth different spider so far) to be delivered. This will be the death of me - I have to open, hold and close each style for days or even weeks before I know which type of lock I like best but I don't want to actually cut anything because I might need to sell one to afford the next. Is there any cure for this disease?
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Gen. 2 dog tag folder and Emerson Endura 3
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
petz462

Post by petz462 »

High Performance Delica...still hoping it's released by end of 23. :crossed-fingers :crossed-fingers
Dave
USAF Retired
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

kobold wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:29 pm
I would like to experience Cruwear at last and I like the Stretch 2 XL.. but it's a bit expensive (and I already have a PM2, I don't need another one). Hmm..

FWIW, the S2XL is closer in size to the Military than the PM2. Some have called the S2XL a "backlock Millie". In actuality, it may split the difference between the PM2 and the Millie, but it sure feels (and acts) more Militarish (aside from the obvious lack of voluptuous rear-end). I wouldn't worry so much about it being too closely related to the PM2 (and not needing another one), versus the pocketbook damage incurred in making the purchase. Your priorities and expenditures may differ. I'm holding out for a potential sprint (or DLT exclusive) LW CRUWEAR variant before taking the plunge.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
kobold

Post by kobold »

weeping minora wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:41 pm
kobold wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:29 pm

FWIW, the S2XL is closer in size to the Military than the PM2. Some have called the S2XL a "backlock Millie". In actuality, it may split the difference between the PM2 and the Millie, but it sure feels (and acts) more Militarish (aside from the obvious lack of voluptuous rear-end). I wouldn't worry so much about it being too closely related to the PM2 (and not needing another one), versus the pocketbook damage incurred in making the purchase. Your priorities and expenditures may differ. I'm holding out for a potential sprint (or DLT exclusive) LW CRUWEAR variant before taking the plunge.

Thank you for your reply. What I meant about the PM2 is that I don't want to buy the crucarta PM2 because I already have one in Maxamet. There are not many cruwear knives on the market these days. There is the Adamas, with a too thick blade and too tactical style, there is the PM2, which I don't really want and the Stretch 2 XL, pricey. Am I missing something?
I guess I should just look at ebay, duh. :-)
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

kobold wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:31 am
Thank you for your reply. What I meant about the PM2 is that I don't want to buy the crucarta PM2 because I already have one in Maxamet. There are not many cruwear knives on the market these days. There is the Adamas, with a too thick blade and too tactical style, there is the PM2, which I don't really want and the Stretch 2 XL, pricey. Am I missing something?
Ayoob sprint?
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:17 am
kobold wrote:
Ayoob sprint?
You could try the Native 5 and Lil' Native exclusives at Knife Center.
https://www.knifecenter.com/series/spyd ... wear-steel
- Richard
benben

Post by benben »

Serrated K390 Leafjumper....and HK USP Expert 9mm. ;)
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

benben wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:43 am
Serrated K390 Leafjumper....and HK USP Expert 9mm. ;)
You're in luck, $78:
https://www.knifejoy.com/products/spyde ... 1736&_ss=r

....and LTT Beretta 92 > HK :winking-tongue
- Richard
kobold

Post by kobold »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:28 am
p_atrick wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:17 am
kobold wrote:
Ayoob sprint?
You could try the Native 5 and Lil' Native exclusives at Knife Center.
https://www.knifecenter.com/series/spyd ... wear-steel

Thank you both. The Ayoob is kinda as expensive as the Stretch, but the Native is probably fine for getting to know the steel, esp since I have other Natives to compare it with. Thanks again :-)
Dealer100

Post by Dealer100 »

Current lineup:
Matriarch 2 black/black
Para 3 S30v black/black
Saver Salt H1 SE
Manbug

Lost knives:
Salt H1 SE black/black
Saver Salt H1 SE
Dragonfly Salt H1 SE
Dragonfly Salt Hawkbill H1 SE
Endura VG-10
Ladybug

Short list:
I’m waiting for Magnacut salts, interested in Saver, Atlantic, Para 3 LW.
covejunky

Post by covejunky »

I just got a PM2 in Cruwear this past June while in Golden at the Factory Store. I didn’t want to leave. But ran out of money..

But now I have my eye on the Yojimbo2. So I guess by next week I will have that one. It looks very interesting
jacala

Post by jacala »

I'm sweating on a Spyderco Military 2 with full serrations.
Just recently received a Spyderco Military 2 plain edge.
Need to add to my collection of (earlier) Militaries.
gooeytek

Post by gooeytek »

A non-LW straight-spined Stretch/Stretch 2/XL in a version worthy of a steel snob's preferences.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

gooeytek wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:01 pm
A non-LW straight-spined Stretch/Stretch 2/XL in a version worthy of a steel snob's preferences.
Ooh, yeah! Stretch 2 for the win. Something stainless to balance K390.
- Richard