Thoughts on s90v

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Thoughts on s90v

Post by ZrowsN1s »

S90V is a favorite. I will pile on to the list of people that have never had any issues with it. Depends what you're doing I suppose. I don't go around pulling up nails with my edge.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

I would like to see a 3” blade is S90V. It seems harder o find than not, maybe a Sage or a Native 5 would be nice without breaking he bank. I wouldn’t turn down a Manix LW in S90V either.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

The Native 5 is available in S90V with the sweet CF scales. There was also a sprint run of the N5 LW in S90v (scales were a sky blue, takes to RIT dye very well).
elena86

Post by elena86 »

vilePossum wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:29 am
I prefer S90V over a lot of other steels, even m390... but maybe I am just imagining things. Using diamonds plates on a guided system and a diamond paste loaded strop it feels like it is easier to sharpen and deburr.
Never had the pm2 and the manly or the custom opinel chip on me. But I try to avoid such scenarios by US jg the knives appropriately...
I guess if I were to do some chopping around the backyard or the woods I would prefer something different, but I don't...
If it is good enough for Phil Wilson and other makers I guess it is good enough for me, especially as I never had these issues.

Custom Opinel in S90V ?! Do tell …
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The S90V fluted CF native is criminally underrated. It is the best production folder Spyderco makes IMHO.

I know the power of FOMO and the draw of limited production, but I swear people sleep on it because it's a standard production.

I really hope to see the chief get the fluted CF S90V treatment someday. (I have the flat slab cf s90v sprint)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Spyderco Southfork is my favorite knife that I own. Great working edge. I have not had problems with it.