Extra Large Backlock Salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltSerious

Re: Extra Large Backlock Salt

Post by SaltSerious »

SchoonerBum wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:48 pm
I"m still hoping for a Caribbean lightweight backlock. An XL would be great too!
Rather you call it a XL Caribbean or a Salty Sequia or whatever the cool name is, I am hoping for a 4" plus backlock with no choil and maximum cutting edge.
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:45 pm
That would be a really big folder. Again, would it sell enough? Spyderco has to predict that, via educated guess.
A lot of models not selling is spydercos own doing. When they make models have a long wait, limited production, release the colors and materials I want months after I bought a different model to get them, release them to blade hq but not the local dealers, those are all reasons I will not buy a model I really anticipated.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Yup, I’m gunna need a Magnacut Tatanka! :winking-tongue
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

On this topic, I saw today ontario knofe works has a new line of what they call camp kitchen knives that are lock backs. Those models look a lot liek what we are asking for here. Sans the inflated prices and crappy screws that fall out.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Yup, I’m gunna need a Magnacut Tatanka! :winking-tongue
I was thinking that exact thing yesterday. We all know it would never see the light of day but it's nice to dream.