Spyderco x Lamnia exclusive - poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Are you interested in Lamnia exclusive aimed at EU customers (and not just them)?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:09 am

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 83

PaloArt

Re: Spyderco x Lamnia exclusive - poll

Post by PaloArt »

I wouldn’t like this to become political discussion and as stated quite a few times, this is just about yes or no situation. Let’s not speculate, those two options are what I would like to see but are not decided as nothing is yet.

Let’s not dive in Legal and Legal discussion as I wouldn’t like anyone having a bad idea of giving ideas to anyone violating laws in certain locations.

Lamnia rep will read this for sure, no worries. That decision will be theirs of course. Lamnia wanted to know the response will be and if it makes sense to plan any exclusive, regardless the model or steel type.

As mentioned , I am looking for “yes, interested” or “no”. I would most definitely think about a model majority can afford, less risk for Lamnia. From my understanding there needs to be certain number of pieces ordered from Spyderco and I would be one of many ordering two pieces.

Sure thing, shoot your ideas 🙂, they are more than welcome But we would like to hear if there is some interest and excitement in such project.

To various people already confirming interest, thank you and thanks for great inputs!
Last edited by PaloArt on Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

As far as the poll goes - over 20 respondents would like to see European exclusive Spyderco and 5 no. I would like to hear as well those opposed and the reasoning behind this - not interested as you don’t like the idea/don’t have use for it/wouldn’t buy it as you just don’t have interest in exclusives? That might be interesting point as well 😊
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:21 am
I'm allowed to wish, right? :)
So i wish for a Chap or Delica with stabilized curly birch scales.

https://www.brisa.fi/se/stab-masur
Looks pretty mycket, sign me up for either of these models with this wood :cheap-sunglasses

Also this quote is interesting :
Colors penetrate all the way through the wood, unlike traditional stains or dyes.
Perhaps this birch could be infused with some cool colour ? :thinking
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I'm all for folks that can't get exclusives to be able too, so YES!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Ric

Post by Ric »

Pingo would be nice.
Chaparral as well.

NOT in all EU countries it's NOT allowed to carry a one-hand open PLUS locking folder.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I would LOVE that ! I've been hoping for a EU dealer exclusive since I've learned about exclusives ! I know about Heinnie's but since they're not in the EU anymore the price bloats almost as much as importing from the USA.

I'd like for it to be a Taichung model. Chokwe would be bananas. Let's even say the Bowie :')
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Ric wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:15 pm
Pingo would be nice.
Chaparral as well.

NOT in all EU countries it's NOT allowed to carry a one-hand open PLUS locking folder.
Well in France we can buy anything and carry nothing (then once all that's done, they use jurisprudence)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Araignee wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:06 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:

Looks pretty mycket, sign me up for either of these models with this wood :cheap-sunglasses

Also this quote is interesting :
Colors penetrate all the way through the wood, unlike traditional stains or dyes.
Perhaps this birch could be infused with some cool colour ? :thinking
Absolutely love this 😍
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:23 pm
I would LOVE that ! I've been hoping for a EU dealer exclusive since I've learned about exclusives ! I know about Heinnie's but since they're not in the EU anymore the price bloats almost as much as importing from the USA.

I'd like for it to be a Taichung model. Chokwe would be bananas. Let's even say the Bowie :')
Exactly my point with heinnie, dear Ramonade 😀
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

Ramonade wrote:
Well in France we can buy anything and carry nothing (then once all that's done, they use jurisprudence)
You can carry anything you want on private grounds, on which there are plenty of things to do.

So I mostly disagree with the legal concerns that have been aired in this thread.
petz462

Post by petz462 »

I voted Yes. Fixed blade would be sweet and if nothing else would be different than most exclusives. Hint...the Moran is a much overlooked model that's great for hunting and camping. Cheers!
Dave
USAF Retired
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ric wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:15 pm

Yes, Ric, we Austrians really do live on an Island of bliss right in the heart of Europe :smiling-cheeks

No restrictions at all that I'd know of when it comes to knife laws.

Can basically carry whereever we want whatever we want (true even for otf knives, but not 100% certain since those never really were for me).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Araignee wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:24 pm
Ramonade wrote:
You can carry anything you want on private grounds, on which there are plenty of things to do.

So I mostly disagree with the legal concerns that have been aired in this thread.
Well I don't have any issue using knives here in France yes. I'm just telling that our laws are blurry on purpose. They won't annoy the grandpa with his trusted Opinel, or the guy going for a hike in the forest with a bushcraft knife :winking-tongue

Stas

Post by Stas »

Certainly yes!

It's interesting because I had similar thoughts regarding Lamnia's exclusive opportunity at the beginning of this year, but I never mustered the courage to reach out to them about it. Kudos to you for taking the initiative!

Their turquoise green color option could be appealing. I hope this idea gains traction, and we get to see a larger backlock folder in the future too.

Cheers from Prague 😉
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I voted yes and completely support the idea. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:07 pm
Well I don't have any issue using knives here in France yes. I'm just telling that our laws are blurry on purpose. They won't annoy the grandpa with his trusted Opinel, or the guy going for a hike in the forest with a bushcraft knife :winking-tongue
I meant, as far as I'm aware it's perfectly legal and unambiguous to own and carry any sort of knife within private grounds. Hence the unrestricted ability to buy knives with long blades, locks, fully automated openings, etc.

But certainly, once you walk in the street/mountain, you're at the mercy of any policeman/ranger you might come across, and further on, of any judge you might have to answer to :zipper (But that's basically just a thought experiment, as far as most citizens are concerned - since they won't ever get stop-and-searched at any point in their lives...)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Araignee wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:38 am
JSumm wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:26 am
The blue on the flag would look amazing in G10. The only blue used in an exclusive I am aware of is Bento Box, but that is a true Blue. The blue on the flag looks a little darker.
Dark blue on the outside, white on the inside, maybe ?
Should be possible if G-10 scales are on the menu.

Thought about something like that too .

Or, and almost never seen so it would be really "exclusive":

- Scales on one side white, one the other side blue? So matching the colors of the finish flag (shown below) in that way?
I´d actually like that in its uniqueness (of course there are those od green / orange resp. blue / orange PM2 cutlery shop exclusives already (to be clear: NOT advocating for a PM2 here, the CS exclusives just show how two tone scales can look in general)

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... usive/2266 ;
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... usive/2245)

Last edited by Wartstein on Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Larry_Mott wrote:

I´d NOT say no at all to this.. ;)

And, a man can dream: Make it that "high performance Delica"... :smirk
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A UKPK in SPY27 would be great with G10 scales.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Well there's already a good number of slipjoints here, a simple handle material change would not be as exciting as I hoped.

But if this is what people wants 😀