Spyderco x Lamnia exclusive - poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Are you interested in Lamnia exclusive aimed at EU customers (and not just them)?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:09 am

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 83

PaloArt

Re: Spyderco x Lamnia exclusive - poll

Post by PaloArt »

aicolainen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:51 am
Input on model/style of knife is probably appreciated, but I guess Lamnia will want to have the final word on this anyway.
They know their customers and what models they are buying.
Exactly, I am not the decision maker here, I am just an avid Spyderco user from Prague wanting European exclusive I can actually get hands on easily who asked one of the biggest sellers of Spyderco in Europe who enthusiastically agreed to discover options and most importantly the interest in anything in line of Spyderco Lamnia exclusive :smlling-eyes
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I would be over the moon if the bigger shops in europe would start ordering exclusives.
My dream would be a Manix 2 or an Shaman.
But a Pingo would also be more then welcome.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Count me in!
kobold

Post by kobold »

And the Nilakka.. But trying to sell US made puukkos in Finland feels like trying to export sand to the Sahara. XD
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

apollo wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:09 am
I would be over the moon if the bigger shops in europe would start ordering exclusives.
My dream would be a Manix 2 or an Shaman.
But a Pingo would also be more then welcome.
This is our chance to do something about it, we can start small and perhaps others will get inspired as well. Hopefully there would be enough positive answers...
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Perhaps you could start a similar poll in some of the Spyderco groups on FB, in order to gather more responses and gauge interest.

As long as Lamnia ships to my country, I'd be interested if they came out with an exclusive.
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

On other knife/EDC forums as well.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Absolutely in! I’d buy two just on principle to support this kind of initiative.

Any model is cool with me, so long as it’s over 4 inches in sharpened blade length and is made from Magnacut.

I’m joking! I’ll buy any Lamnia exclusive - they’re a great shop and this is a great idea. I would LOVE a UKPK but with a traditional bushcraft scandi grind as a nod to Lamnia and Finland’s heritage.

Good luck getting this off the ground 👍🏻
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Frankly I am not member of Spyderco Facebook Groups as I kind don`t use it. Regarding other forums - my main one is here and USN, which is worth the shot to activate our European chapter.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I think it’s worth a shot!
There are only good things that can happen if the European market for Spyderco grows.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Even if the proposed exclusive jumps ahead of other models in one of Spyderco’s production queues around the world, I think this exclusive should be brought to Europe ASAP.

The Europeans who make this forum better (think the Amsterdam Meet), not to forget the many more Europeans who buy our brand merit an acknowledgment, if only to grow the brand.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

PaloArt wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:07 am
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:04 am
PaloArt wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:09 am
Dear Friends, Spyderco family and Forumite...

Short on time right now, but just have to reply quickly:

Great idea and thanks much for actually following through and contacting Lamnia!!
(Actually purchased quite some Spydies there, only the best experiences so far)

Definitely intetested!!

Would be cool if they also had their own color scheme then (like the black and red St Nicks line does for example).
Dear Wartstein, that was exactly my thought - different or specific colour scheme. Since Lamnia is based in Finland, perhaps finnish blue used on their flag would be interesting proposition to them, or perhaps something else. This is in very early stage for now but I am very happy to receive reply from you especially.
The blue on the flag would look amazing in G10. The only blue used in an exclusive I am aware of is Bento Box, but that is a true Blue. The blue on the flag looks a little darker.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:26 am
The blue on the flag would look amazing in G10. The only blue used in an exclusive I am aware of is Bento Box, but that is a true Blue. The blue on the flag looks a little darker.
Dark blue on the outside, white on the inside, maybe ?
Should be possible if G-10 scales are on the menu.
vanka

Post by vanka »

I believe that Lamnia should have their say of what model they move the most. Ukpk and urban are the most likely candidates. There are far too many countries in Europe with restrictions so that pretty much concretes the choice. No point of having exclusive that can't sell well because of restrictions or risk it to be confiscated by customs. Because if it doesn't sell well it might be the first and the last Lamnia exclusive. All in all it's a great idea. I'm in for 1-4 of them. Depends on price and what comes as a model.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I'm allowed to wish, right? :)
So i wish for a Chap or Delica with stabilized curly birch scales.

https://www.brisa.fi/se/stab-masur
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Wonder if anybody from lamnia reads this... I mean, we can always wish, in the end it will be a business decision about what model, steel and style it will be if at all...
I mean... a Magnacut Pits would certainly sell... but in the end a manix or pm2 will probably be the more obvious choice.there are quite a lot of European countries where these are legal after all.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

There's legal and there's LEGAL.
As per my understanding most countries in Europe allow locking blades and fixed blades under certain circumstances. A sub 3-inch, non-locking folder with 2 handed opening would be permissable in more situations, in more locations, but that doesn't necessarily mean such a folding knife will have the widest appeal. I'm not against Lamnia doing a slipjoint, but I also don't want to leave good alternatives off the table because of misguided kindness toward the Europeans (of which I'm one). Europeans who feel such features are important or even required to get in on an Exclusive should of course share their concerns.
kobold

Post by kobold »

PITS :tonque-out

The Roadie would be also nice.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

vanka wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:09 am
I believe that Lamnia should have their say of what model they move the most. Ukpk and urban are the most likely candidates. There are far too many countries in Europe with restrictions so that pretty much concretes the choice. No point of having exclusive that can't sell well because of restrictions or risk it to be confiscated by customs. Because if it doesn't sell well it might be the first and the last Lamnia exclusive. All in all it's a great idea. I'm in for 1-4 of them. Depends on price and what comes as a model.
Honestly i think you would be amazed how many pm2’s and Manix2’s are sold to country’s with those laws. Most people that do not live in a city never see law enforcement in there life. So most do not bother and just are careful and use there brain to decide when and where they use there knives.
( Like the moto of CRK think twice , cut once )

In the city’s its maybe a bit closer looked at. But then again as long as you act like a normal person and are smart enough not to walk in to some kind of event or public places like an airport no officer will ever find you’re knife.

And by the way the most important thing customs aren’t really a thing in Europe anymore since the European union!!!
Offcourse if you live in the UK you have a problem thx to the Brexit but then again you guys have HH already as a dealer with exclusives so you guys are already set. Its mainland Europe that has never had the joy of getting an exclusive.

For the rest ill say i will probably buy 1 or 2 depending on the price and model. But if its another Ukpk
I’m probably going to keep it at 1 since i really do not like that model. If no lock is the thing i would want to have any model except that one. I have had multiple of those and even knowing they are golden knives i find them disappointing to say the least. A knife without a lock still needs to feel safe. And all my examples had very weak springs in comparison to my exclusive urban. My last ukpk is sitting in a tool case almost forgotten for that reason the others i dismantled and are kept as spare parts since having a knife that the wind can blow closed is to dangerous to even sell to someone else in my opinion. They really are that soft to close :astonished . And no i checked they aren’t fakes but shipping them to spyderco would cost me more then the knives themselves so that is also a no go.. :squinting-tongue
But to end on a positive note that exclusive Urban that i bought that got so many people disappointed i find incredibly good! Its one of my favorite small knives!
So I really hope Lamnia gets this off the ground so more models can get made and ill buy myself poor if they would ever get a Manix2 exclusive. :grin-sweat
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Sure i'm interested. I like the idea of a slipjoint, myself.