My humble collection

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Bulletproofpat

My humble collection

Post by Bulletproofpat »

Hey everyone! New member here, but lurking for quite some time and a Spyderco fan for even longer! I just felt like showing off my humble collection to a crowd that might actually enjoy it (friends and partner don't really care too much about knives)

Personal favorites are the Crucarta PM2 that I really went to town on with all the hard edges.

Recently swapped the scales from the DLT exclusive PM2 (DLC Cruwear+Purple scales) with the Teal+S90V PM2. I'm loving the Mint Chocolate Chip vibes. It's become my main EDC.

Knifejoy Para 3 in pink G10 spends a decent amount of time in pocket as well. Again really smoothed out the hard edges and it is a real treat in the hand.

Pink Heals Dragonfly 2 is for summer shorts. Also, Frig Cancer 👎

Polished washers and silky-smooth drop-shut action on everything but the Dragonfly (still smooth, just a little stiffer as back locks tend to be in my experience) LynchNW deep carry clips all around in a variety of flavors!

Alright thanks for looking and have a rad day!

Pat
Manixguy@1994

Re: My humble collection 😬

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hi Pat ! Numbers don’t mean a thing if you are enjoying the experience with each of them . What works for you is the most important thing nothing else really doesn’t matter . Collection is nice ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bulletproofpat

Post by Bulletproofpat »

Thanks a lot! I'm a sucker for fun colors and I'm sure Spyderco will be tempting me again reallllly soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the pack grows significantly over the next year or so 😁
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Love it! Color variety is great. I really like what you did with the chamfering on the Crucarta PM2. That is worth emulating. I am assuming you just did it by hand? What grit did you start and finish with? Nice work!!

Also, your first few posts will be delayed in posting until a moderator approves. That will go away shortly the more you post.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bulletproofpat

Post by Bulletproofpat »

Thanks so much! I really love the way the Crucarta came out and it was all done by hand. I usually take a medium/fine grit sanding block to the edges on all my g10 scales(with appropriate masking/ventilation) just to soften the edges up a bit. Most of my knives rarely see heavy duty use or get used while I'm wearing gloves so it's significantly more comfortable for my EDC.

With the full liners and how easy micarta responds I really pushed it, I think I went 60/80/120 grit, perpendicular motions to establish the chamfer, then circular motions with the medium/finer grits to really smooth everything out. After I was happy with the general feel I gave everything a nice hand-rub with a lightly oiled cloth.

I also paid special attention and removed a decent amount of material around the choils and lock cutout which I think makes the most obvious difference.

Sorry for the wall of text, I have autism/adhd and communication isn't always my strength. Thanks again for the kind words and interest!

TazKristi

Re: My humble collection

Post by TazKristi »

Bulletproofpat wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:42 pm
Sorry for the wall of text, I have autism/adhd and communication isn't always my strength. Thanks again for the kind words and interest!
Hey, Bulletproofpat:
Welcome to our forum! No need to be sorry at all - you're doing just fine. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Bulletproofpat

Post by Bulletproofpat »

Thank you for that, Kristi! I've always appreciated the culture that's promoted here and elsewhere by Spyderco 💕
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Well you communicated that very well. You have me interested! I'm going to need to give that a try. Looks incredible!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

That's a solid collection. Welcome to the forum!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very colorful! Pretty nice start.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Great job on the chamfering. I've been too chicken to be as aggressive as you have which is why my results aren't near as good.
Bulletproofpat

Post by Bulletproofpat »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:42 pm
Well you communicated that very well. You have me interested! I'm going to need to give that a try. Looks incredible!
Thank you! I really recommend it, the ergos in the PM2 are great to begin with, but the curved edges really make it feel fantastic in the hand. I also just adore micarta in general, fantastic material when done right.
Bulletproofpat

Post by Bulletproofpat »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:06 pm
Great job on the chamfering. I've been too chicken to be as aggressive as you have which is why my results aren't near as good.
You can do it! It definitely helps that I got it as a factory second. A lot easier to play rough with $100 knife vs a $200 knife imo 😂