22 Years Since 9/11... Spyderco World Trade Center Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

22 Years Since 9/11... Spyderco World Trade Center Knife

Post by Water Bug »

Been running behind today and actually thought someone would beat me at posting something about the Spyderco World Trade Center Knife and commemorating the 22nd anniversary of the attack on our great nation this day... guess not. Jim Malone at least posted something on the, "Off-Topic" Forum regarding this day... thank you, Jim!

Today is September 11, 2023... It's been twenty-two years since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon... It's been twenty-two years since we lost those brave Americans onboard United Airlines Flight 93 who fought to the end... at least Fox News provided live coverage of the reading of the names today.

TIME TO BRING OUT THE SPYDERCO WORLD TRADE CENTER KNIFE... I've been edc'ing my Spyderco World Trade Center Knife in my RFP today in memory of all those we lost twenty-two years ago today. Time to remember the innocent souls lost that day... time to remember the brave law enforcement, fire, EMS, and rescue personnel, as well as everyday citizens, we lost that day as they gave their lives to save and protect lives... time to remember our brave military men and women who have given their lives to protect our freedom ever since.

Folks, we must NEVER take our freedom for granted... we must NEVER forget the past... we must NEVER forget those who lost their lives twenty-two years ago today.

Spyderco World Trade Center Knife 1044 on duty!

NEVER FORGET!!!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Sharp Guy

Re: 22 Years Since 9/11... Spyderco World Trade Center Knife

Post by Sharp Guy »

We're watching a documentary (9/11 I Was There) on Hulu at the moment. I definitely haven't forgotten that horrible day but watching this documentary brings back a lot of details of how crazy that whole situation was
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Catchadroppimgknife

Post by Catchadroppimgknife »

Never Forget. :usflag
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Never forget all those who gave all.
Never forget what evil men are capable of.
Never forget to live your life the way the victims wish they could.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Its weird to look at it with a different perspective in life these days. From being a kid, 18 years, freshman in college that day. Compared to today, as a 40 year old man. It never gets easier that's for sure. I always get glued into the documentaries (Thanks for the heads up on that one Pat) it's one of these things, you just can't take your eyes off of. Likely the most significant event to ever happen in most of our lifetimes, one can only hope.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Never forget!

Today also reminds me that, there are evil men hellbent and willing to try and remove any semblance of freedom and I'm thankful for those men and women, who are willing to fight against them! Evil, foreign or domestic.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

And the first year the American pResident didn't attend. Shameful.
Last edited by ImHereForTheMilitary2 on Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

I have a hard time talking about 9/11, but what I can say is that this is a day that I spend time remembering that we must all stand tall and defend the freedom our fore fathers won with their lives, and that many continue give their lives for. Stand tall, friends.
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Guys, do yourselves a favor and watch a 10 minute video called Boatlift on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/18lsxFcDr ... 8xMQ%3D%3D
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

James Bamford's third book on the NSA covers the period from 911 to 2009. The first several chapters cover how the hijackers got into the country and what they did for a year before 911.

Details how the ball was dropped, as some people knew, but didn't notify the FBI which does in-country investigations.

https://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Factory-N ... 0307279391
kobold

Post by kobold »

9/11 was a starting pistol of the "NWO", which are papal monarchists hiding behind the WEF and the UN, trying to destroy American democracy since its inception. This is just 10 minutes, but it is enough:
https://odysee.com/@Autonomy:d/Georgeto ... M---9_11:b
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I was so angry when they attacked us. I'm glad it was Bush and not some of the weak sisters that have been around since. He kept his cool and didn't upset those kids. When he left the school, he went after those terrorists hard.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Not forgotten! (But I have forgotten what the WTC knife looked like--thread needs a photo!)
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:43 pm
Not forgotten! (But I have forgotten what the WTC knife looked like--thread needs a photo!)

Here ya go...

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -Center/59
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Thanks for the link. That knife, with the NY skyline...wow.
I'm throwing a suggestion in the hat for a 25th anniversary commemorative Sprint of some sort in three years. Perhaps the factory expansion will allow room for it.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Surprised that no one has shared the vids yet where Sal is talking about that knife - here they are:

https://youtu.be/8YN2h61RLqg?si=wu4dmAQmfGawrOgj

https://youtu.be/K8Op2vvixIw
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well America, and American did not learn anything, too many places large group of people gather, work or go are still soft targets. Most people are like ostrichs wandering from place to place not aware of surrounds, threats, and being soft targets.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

akapennypincher wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:41 am
Well America, and American did not learn anything, too many places large group of people gather, work or go are still soft targets. Most people are like ostrichs wandering from place to place not aware of surrounds, threats, and being soft targets.
^ This is ridiculous
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:30 am
Thanks for the link. That knife, with the NY skyline...wow.
I'm throwing a suggestion in the hat for a 25th anniversary commemorative Sprint of some sort in three years. Perhaps the factory expansion will allow room for it.

You're welcome! It is very nice and very special.

Nice idea on the 25th Anniversary Commemorative.
Spyderco WTC #1044

NEVER FORGET!!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:40 pm
We're watching a documentary (9/11 I Was There) on Hulu at the moment. I definitely haven't forgotten that horrible day but watching this documentary brings back a lot of details of how crazy that whole situation was
We just finished watching this, thank you for the recommendation bud. Lots and lots of footage I've never seen, from totally different perspectives. Truly mind blowing, no matter how many years pass.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick