Delica 4 Custom Scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rooster81

Delica 4 Custom Scales

Post by rooster81 »

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy scales for the Delica that has a choil in the front of the grip? Similar to what Boomer52 used to make?

Thanks!
fixall

Re: Delica 4 Custom Scales

Post by fixall »

Steve (Boomer52) is still making scales. He just has a lot of projects going on so you have to pique his interest with your build, lol.

I know that he had an interest in seeing how SureTouch machines. I bet he’s probably be interested in making a set of Delica scales out of SureTouch if you provided the material.
rooster81

Post by rooster81 »

fixall wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:32 am
Steve (Boomer52) is still making scales. He just has a lot of projects going on so you have to pique his interest with your build, lol.

I know that he had an interest in seeing how SureTouch machines. I bet he’s probably be interested in making a set of Delica scales out of SureTouch if you provided the material.
I contacted Mr. Boomer52 and unfortunately he said that he's no longer making scales and is in the process of selling his equipment.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Maybe bug Flytanium and get them to make some more Delica parts. I'd like to see anodized Ti screws and Pivots. A restock of scales and Ti Backspacers too. I would replace the backspacer/spring holder on every Delica I own. I hate how flimsy they are. It's not an issue if you never take your Delica apart, but they can cause you grief putting things back together. The spring under tension will bend the backspacer causing the pegs in it to not line up with the liner. There are some ways of putting it back together that help mitigate this, but a sturdy backspacer makes it a non-issue.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
fixall

Post by fixall »

rooster81 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:02 pm
fixall wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:32 am

I contacted Mr. Boomer52 and unfortunately he said that he's no longer making scales and is in the process of selling his equipment.
Oh… Wow. I hope all is well. He just recently made me a set. :(
rooster81

Post by rooster81 »

Thank you for the replies everyone.

Also, to clarify, he said he was "outsourcing" his equipment. I took that to mean selling, but maybe there's some hope he'll get back into it!

Apologies for the confusion.
cjk

Post by cjk »

I was working with him in May/June and he had a machine breakage which he was having difficulty "sourcing" parts to fix. Maybe outsourcing was a typo or improper spell check correction.
I hope he'll be back in operation someday as I was pretty excited about the scales. He seems like a super cool guy and a real knife scale artist. I wish him the best of luck with the repair of his equipment.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I saw some Boomer scales on a Delica Wharncliffe, and they were incredible. I hope he keeps making them.
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

I'd like to find some as well, saw those Boomer scales on some old endela and delica threads and they look amazing but he's stopped making them. Hard to find a scale maker that does the finger choil and no bumps on the handle
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I've ordered some from Suingab, but not for a Delica...
https://g10.lt/?cat=36
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I still have my Delica with the "Lil Para" mod. I don't carry it much but it's too nice to get rid of
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Sad News indeed. His stuff was top quality!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”