2024 Official Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: 2024 Official Discontinued List

Post by Wartstein »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:30 pm
Resilience CE came back in stock at KC so I ordered one in S35VN.
As is always the case, shipping to Europe is prohibitive, so ordering just one knife is not an option. With the appreciation I have developed for my TRL Endela since acquiring it, I recently realized I should grab a thin line Endura if the opportunity presented itself, and this was it.
I think my CE needs are covered for now. At least with regards to what’s available, but I would really like to have a Salt CE some day.

Great choice, believe me!!

As said: The thin red line Endura was my main (actually exclusive) EDC since day 1 I got it, and only got kicked out of my pocket by the Goddard when I got that (cause the Goddard is such a cool, "new" by design and different approach towards Spyderco for me).

If I could have only one of those two tough it would certainly be the trl Endura, and I am sure that I will return to it soon anyway.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:51 pm
Great choice, believe me!!

As said: The thin red line Endura was my main (actually exclusive) EDC since day 1 I got it, and only got kicked out of my pocket by the Goddard when I got that (cause the Goddard is such a cool, "new" by design and different approach towards Spyderco for me).

If I could have only one of those two tough it would certainly be the trl Endura, and I am sure that I will return to it soon anyway.
Yeah, I’ve really warmed up to the combination edge since getting that Endela. Only reason I waited so long is that I fell victim to the commonly shared “truth” that CE generally has too little of both edges and hence is a sub par alternative to its SE or PE counterparts. This has not been my experience at all, and I really look forward to trying CE in an even larger platform.

Went on a combined backpacking and via ferrata trip with my daughter this weekend, bringing only my TRL Endela. It handled all tasks with ease, such a versatile blade in a slim, easy to carry package.
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

cjk wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:08 am
Wow, that seems like a big list. Lots of wharncliffes including my beloved K390 Delica wharncliffe. :'(
That's what I thought too. I'd originally planned on getting the k390 Wharncliffe Endela and Endura to go with my matching Delica and DF but I ordered a second D4 k390 Wharncliffe to squirrel away in case something happens to my first one instead. First time I've EVER done that but it's just that good. I'm really hoping Spyderco management has something great to replace it with in the same configuration.

Still can't decide if I should grab that Endela or Endura. I do have the OD FRN/Cruwear Endela as well as the SE K390 P4 - it's a MONSTER!
Jack
Arachnophobic Spyderco fan
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:39 am
oh, and stretch 2 xl salt in magnacut...
I was just thinking the other day, I'd love to see a S2XL SE in Magnacut. That'd be very close to my idea of a perfect outdoors folder. Even better if it came with micarta scales.

Edit: Or, a Military 2 in fully serrated Magnacut... with micarta scales (preferably natural micarta.
Jack
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

I noticed this morning, the K390 Wharncliffe Endela is back in stock at BHQ for $119.99, also in stock at GPKnives for $106.95. I grabbed one to go with my other K390's. I really hope that steel isn't disappearing from the lineup, it's such an outstanding performer.
Jack
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

CrustyOtter wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:34 am
I noticed this morning, the K390 Wharncliffe Endela is back in stock at BHQ for $119.99, also in stock at GPKnives for $106.95. I grabbed one to go with my other K390's. I really hope that steel isn't disappearing from the lineup, it's such an outstanding performer.

I agree. K390 is my favorite. I already had an Endela so I bought an Endura, Delica, and Police all on closeout.
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

Along with the Wharncliffe Endela I ordered this morning, I've got:
Wharncliffe DF2
Wharncliffe D4 (x2)
SE P4

I was hoping to pick up a Wharncliffe Endura 4 as well but I bought a 2017 Ford F-150 FX4 back in May and it's cramping my knife budget. Hopefully stock levels won't disappear before I grab one. Then again, I'm seriously considering an SE Mil 2 and that LWT Spy27 Native Chief when they hit dealers so... maybe I'll just start saving up.
Jack
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I was very late to the wharncliffe party. I got a Delica K390 WC a year ago, and only recently discovered how well that blade shape and steel combo performed as a utility/work knife.

I never tried any of the Salt 2 WC's or K390 in serrated edges either, and always assumed there would be many opportunities later to try them out. This close-out sale forced me to play catch-up before they were all gone. It was an expensive few weeks, even though prices were slashed, but I should have enough to cover my needs for the next 50 years.

2x Salt 2 WC SE
4x K390 WC (Delica, Endela, Endura)
2x K390 SE (Endura + Police)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:54 pm
I was very late to the wharncliffe party. I got a Delica K390 WC a year ago, and only recently discovered how well that blade shape and steel combo performed as a utility/work knife.

I never tried any of the Salt 2 WC's or K390 in serrated edges either, and always assumed there would be many opportunities later to try them out. This close-out sale forced me to play catch-up before they were all gone. It was an expensive few weeks, even though prices were slashed, but I should have enough to cover my needs for the next 50 years.

2x Salt 2 WC SE
4x K390 WC (Delica, Endela, Endura)
2x K390 SE (Endura + Police)
The serrated P4 in k390 is an impressive knife. I'm glad I decided to buy one when I did but I'm really not sure when I'd carry it. I guess if I knew I was heading into a dangerous situation, I'd take it along with my 1911 (I've had my carry permit since 2005). Of course at my age, if I knew it was a dangerous situation, I just wouldn't go.

My Wharncliffe k390 Endela arrived a few days ago. I have to say, I think I prefer the weight and size of it even more than the matching D4. That really surprised me. I'm hoping I can finish the set with an Endura 4 before they disappear but, if I can't, there's always 15 other Spydercos I'd really like to have... you know how it is.
Jack
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

CrustyOtter wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:47 am
My Wharncliffe k390 Endela arrived a few days ago. I have to say, I think I prefer the weight and size of it even more than the matching D4. That really surprised me.
I agree the Endela WC is a nice size and weight. It fits my hand better than the Delica, but I like the visual proportions of the Delica better, and its thin blade...

I'm curious to see how practical the Endura WC will be. It should be excellent as a cardboard destroyer, even more so than the Delica and Endela. It looks a bit odd though. 🙂

A serrated Police is such an iconic Spydie, I'm pleased to finally have one in the collection.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:46 am

I'm curious to see how practical the Endura WC will be. It should be excellent as a cardboard destroyer, even more so than the Delica and Endela. It looks a bit odd though. 🙂
I understand. I've been debating that Endura myself lately. It's bordering on too large for an edc for my preferences. I usually only carry knives over 3½" if I'm working outside, and that generally means warm weather or Summer. Here in TN that means high humidity and lots of sweating, the only time I actually prefer stainless over tool steels. Lately I've been carrying my Native 5 Salt in Magnacut or my S2XL in Cruwear, both are excellent for outdoors use.

I'm really hoping to see either an S2XL or Mil 2 in fully serrated Magnacut soon. But an Endura 4 in k390 Wharncliffe would still see some limited carry time.
Jack
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Received a Rockjumper SE this weekend.
Like many here I had held off because it was so close to the Delica Wharncliffe in specs.
I was wrong :eye-roll.
The RJ is a very compelling argument for the handle forward design.
Is this the backlock Polestar? The handles are very close in dimensions
The action is smoooth, I haven’t missed jimping, which surprised me’ but the thumb ramp is so well defined it doesn’t really need it.
I hope the Leaf Jumper sells well so we don’t lose this handle design.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
THG

Post by THG »

Ngati Pom wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:59 pm
What is the definition of "handle forward"?
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

I looked at the Rockjumper while looking through the discontinued models, it reminds me of a D4 Wharncliffe blade with the handle profile of a Stretch 2. Depending on how it fits your hand, it appears like it'd be a solid, comfortable knife for prolonged use. If there weren't so many other models on my wish list, I'd definitely try one out.

edit: looking at it again, along with the Leafjumper, they're both pretty compelling designs: the RJ has the wharncliffe blade I love, but the LJ has K390 steel (one of my all time favorites) but it isn't a wharncliffe. Sooo close to making me want one. An SE RJ in K390 would be an instant buy for me, even though I really don't "need" one. Much like the SS Stretch 2 in K390. I've had one in my shopping cart several times but, since I already have a K390 PM2 with the same blade length and similar blade profile, I just can't justify ordering one.
Jack
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

THG wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:53 pm
Ngati Pom wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:59 pm
What is the definition of "handle forward"?
The ricasso/choil area is reduced/covered so that the blade edge starts at the scales rather than further out.
If you compare a Delica with a RockJumper you will see there is a larger part of the ricasso exposed in front of the scales on the Delica..
William Gibson
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

"it reminds me of a D4 Wharncliffe blade with the handle profile of a Stretch 2."
It is very much like that, it has the hand filling depth of the Stretch with a slightly longer blade.
William Gibson
mrdavidkolds

Post by mrdavidkolds »

the endella warncliff K390 is the worlds most practical, usable knife. They are on sale at different online sellers for $100. I would buy another one as a back up but not financially feasible right now.
I hope this means they are going to do more interesting exotic Knives in the future.
I don’t buy Chinese knives for political reasons so I won’t miss those.
fixall

Post by fixall »

The waterway just became available at several dealers. It’s been nearly two and a half years since they’ve been in stock. Get them while you can!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

fixall wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:17 pm
The waterway just became available at several dealers. It’s been nearly two and a half years since they’ve been in stock. Get them while you can!

+ 1
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Stas

Post by Stas »

For all my european friends: https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... rds=*FDS23

Things aren't that bad, actually. It also happens that we have a disco sale :) I don’t need silverax… I don’t need it…
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.