New delica blade in old Salt handle?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
40mm

New delica blade in old Salt handle?

Post by 40mm »

…..
Last edited by 40mm on Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Re: New delica blade in old Salt handle?

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

As long as it all fits nice and works and feels right, I dont see why it would be a problem. Its not a subtle difference (like loading the wrong ammo in a gun, for instance). A knife is a pretty simple machine. I say try it if thats your urge.

What I dont get is "why" though. Do you have a new delica with a broken handle and an old salt with a broken blade and youre trying to salvage a working knife out of what you have? If so, that makes sense and I say go for it (what do you have to lose?) Or the better option, just send them both to the warranty department and maybe Spyderco can salvage both

Otherwise, I dont get what you're trying to do or why. If you have an old salt handle that has sentimental value and a broken blade and youre just looking to breathe new life into it, why not order a new salt and replace the blade? Or are you just looking to fool around and build a Frankenspyder for the fun of it?

We need the back story here, my guy

EDIT PS: This is 2023 after all, and in the age of well.. you know the kind of people that live in the world these days, I feel compelled to post a disclaimer here in case you have blue hair: Dropping a new Delica blade into a salt handle won't make it a Salt :rofl :rofl :rofl
Matus

Post by Matus »

ImHereForTheMilitary2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:31 am
EDIT PS: This is 2023 after all, and in the age of well.. you know the kind of people that live in the world these days, I feel compelled to post a disclaimer here in case you have blue hair: Dropping a new Delica blade into a salt handle won't make it a Salt :rofl :rofl :rofl
What are you insinuating? :rofl

https://youtu.be/WqAPmURNoZ8
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
40mm

Post by 40mm »

…..
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Well that was a fun chat
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:44 am
Well that was a fun chat
Your response was so pointless and lame that I just thought forget it. When you can’t ask a question without someone posting a long drawn out response that doesn’t help at all and ends with, by the way are you old or just stupid, you quickly remember why you don’t frequent forums much anymore.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

40mm wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:02 pm
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:44 am
Well that was a fun chat
Your response was so pointless and lame that I just thought forget it. When you can’t ask a question without someone posting a long drawn out response that doesn’t help at all and ends with, by the way are you old or just stupid, you quickly remember why you don’t frequent forums much anymore.
The first part of my comment was sincere. Clearly you didn't comprehend that.

The last line was a joke, hence the laughing faces.

Relax.