Anyone buy from Knife Outlet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Anyone buy from Knife Outlet?

Post by Evil D »

Thinking about ordering a knife from this place, not very familiar with them. Looking for any feedback I can get.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

Yes, I have ordered from them within the past few months.

One of the owners used to post on another well-known knife forum before they went to having all of the special and different levels of membership.

They sent an order confirmation email message, but not a "order has shipped" message, (like most places tend to do) which annoyed me.

I bought a knife and a sharpening stone. They do have some good pricing on things though.

I would order from them again. They do carry a few brands that aren't so easy to find.

I don't recall ever having seen them run ads anywhere too.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Everything I've ever tried to order has been not in stock. They advertise with out having the product which adds time to the procedure. I've ordered knives at excellent prices only to call several days later and have them tell me it will be ready to ship in a day or two.

I cancelled the order last time. There are plenty of places that actually have a large stock on hand ready to ship. If I want to order one from the distributor and get it next week there are better places to do that.

Good prices and not so easy to find knives. Sure, just be aware when you order something, they do too. If you don't mind the wait they don't tell you about ahead of time then by all means order away.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Patience I've got...I just wanna make sure they're legit and not going to rip me off. They're one of the ONLY places I've found that I can order a Wild Steer WX Folder from, and so far they have the best price I've seen, so if they take a little longer to get it to me, I can live with that especially if shipping is free.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

I just received a brown Para2 from them. No order confirmation until I asked for a heads up but then everything was on route. It works and shipping cost even outside US is very reasonable.
tobii3

Post by tobii3 »

Been buying knives from Fred since the late 90's. Yes, I recommend him.
razorburn

Re: Anyone buy from Knife Outlet?

Post by razorburn »

Just a heads up for some people thinking of making their next purchase with Fred Whitlock out of Lakeview,IN

I purchased a knife from them.I was never provided with a confirmation email or a tracking number.

I had forgotten about my order but I called two months later to ask what was going on.I was told that my order was never shipped and my CC was not charged.....WHAT....I say that I have my paper CC Statement with a charge with KnifeOutlet and the amount told.....He goes on to tell me the CC Charge is a Pending Charge.....WHAT.....I said this a transaction from two months ago.....I go on again about my Statement but it gets nowhere.

I contacted my CC Provider a few weeks ago and last week, I get a call about my chargeback to get some more details.This week I get my Statement and ....SURPRISE...there's no Charge Back for the transaction.I am sure Fred disputed my Chargeback.

I have to say that I had bought from KnifeOutlet over 10 years ago but.... NEVER AGAIN.....THE WORST DEALER AROUND
Meadowlark

Re:

Post by Meadowlark »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 pm
Patience I've got...I just wanna make sure they're legit and not going to rip me off. They're one of the ONLY places I've found that I can order a Wild Steer WX Folder from, and so far they have the best price I've seen, so if they take a little longer to get it to me, I can live with that especially if shipping is free.

That's quite the folder.. did you end up.with one of them?

If so, what was that like?