Where is the best place to look for rare or uncommon spyderco knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydieaddict19

Where is the best place to look for rare or uncommon spyderco knives?

Post by Spydieaddict19 »

I have a lot of production knives from spyderco, but I'm still in the dark with the sprint runs and such. where do you guys usually go go to find some cool uncommon/rare knives, or even just the lesser known ones?
:bug-red-white :usflag spyderco knives do everything for 100 bucks less (most of the time)
16 :bug-red's and counting
Current favorite EDC: manix 2 in 15v
mikey177

Re: Where is the best place to look for rare or uncommon spyderco knives?

Post by mikey177 »

I've had some luck going to brick and mortar knife or gun stores in my area that have limited web presence.

Fellow collectors who want to unload some pieces have also helped me out before.

I sometimes browse through Arizona Customs Knives for fun, but always find their prices too high, especially since I live outside the US and have to pay hefty shipping fees and customs duties.
Danke

Post by Danke »

For upcoming new releases the best place to look is right here.

For older models that are out of production this place has an extensive inventory.

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/kni ... =relevance
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

eBay.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Blade Forum is the least expensive option but could take a while to find what you want. The good deals sell within minutes. Next is eBay but more expensive with tax. Arizona Knives posts new knives every weekday at 3:30et. They are the priciest but they get some rare stuff. You can always call them to see if they have what you want. I’ve picked up from their building before and they are good guys.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The old standby for hard to find Spyders is "Country Knives" out of Intercourse, PA. Yep that is the real name of the town. I've dealt with them on a couple of occasions. But they are really pricey and take full advantage of your love for classic Spyderco models.

However if money is no object or hurdle then you'll probably find them to be a gold mine of sorts.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I second AZ Custom Knives. Set up notifications and then follow the feed for that knife manufacturer.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Bento box
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

ebay always has rare Spydercos. Prices are all over the map, but there's a lot there.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

They're not cheap but Country Knives has a lot of out of production knives https://www.countryknives.com/brand/spyderco/
-Turbo
270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

Knivesplus - the boss's collection will have some pretty good ones from time to time.

Also not always the cheapest, but prices appear pretty fair.
jdw

Post by jdw »

You pay premium prices at both places but I’ve had the best luck with the already mentioned Country Knives and also Blazin Blades.

https://blazinblades.com/
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’ve used eBay, Arizona Custom Knives, and Bento Box Shop, but not Country Knives, to build a satisfying yet hardly complete collection of rare/uncommon Spydies.

Thoughts about each source:

eBay (biggest Spyderco choice on the planet, often with original edges, but choices are truly unpredictable episodes; need to set up notifications for what you want; need to guard against counterfeits; and need to be strategic in your bidding)

Arizona Custom Knives (consignment-based sales; better be quick; not an auction)

Bento Box Shop (painful pricing on product, shipping, and insurance make the entirely-reliable BBS unpopular here but also explain why older models tend to stick around longer than elsewhere).

Country Knives (nice people who seem to stock by way of Spyderco’s Collectors Club and sell at MSRP but also with their CC number on the blade, which I do not want)
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”