Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Post by vivi »

clix wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:40 pm
vivi wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:17 pm
Got my fifth Aqua Salt today.

Some included sheaths?

My 2x mystery box was a teal S90V blackout PE PM2 and an H1 SE Dragonfly. Not sure the value meets the cost of the box, but not bad over all
I ordered an extra sheath off ebay about half a year ago, to have an extra laying around just in case. Figured I'd rig it up for my less often used carry methods. Ended up filling it with a seconds Aqua Salt.
:unicorn
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

The notches on this latest batch of seconds must be absolutely miniscule. I can't even see them on most of the pics that have been posted.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:15 am
The notches on this latest batch of seconds must be absolutely miniscule. I can't even see them on most of the pics that have been posted.
Most people post pics of the show side, the nicks are on the other side. They are pretty small though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:15 am
I only bought seconds once before, last november and they were the same as now :

It's really a small dent, if you don't know about it you won't necessarily see it
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

I purchased a mystery box for $150 and received a SMKW fat carbon - red PM2 in M4 and a bow river. I feel like I just broke even. Love the M4 steel, not a fan of the scales. I love the bow river but do not like the steel at all. I also purchased a sage in maxamet. Yes, I'd roll the dice again but this one didn't really pay off.

Why are PM2s shipped in tip down configuration?
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I received the same box. Like you said not the greatest value. I like the fat carbon scales more than any scales I’ve ever seen or carried. Light, beautiful and my hand slides right past them.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

The scales by themselves would cost you around $150.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Skidoosh wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:12 pm
Why are PM2s shipped in tip down configuration?

I believe it's because Eric likes them that way, could be wrong?
cjk

Post by cjk »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Fat carbon pull offs from the SMKW PM2s usually sell for + or - $80 on secondary markets.
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Good to know, thanks :bug-red
vanka

Post by vanka »

Got Paramilitary 2 in cruwear, Shaman s30v black G10, UKPK s110v and Emphasis black G10.
Mystery box consists of UKPK Heinnie haynes exclusive s30v Red G10, Manix 2 XL in cruwear and smooth black G10 Knifecenter exclusive and Shaman in 15V. I think it's a good score. As far as I can see, there's a tiny dent on the G10 on one of the knives and a hair or two off centered blades. I'll have to inspect them further once I get home.
im25feetup

Post by im25feetup »

I had never been attracted to the look of the Manix XL online, and had never seen one in person. I wouldn't have ever given one a second look. The UKPK was entirely off my radar. I received one of each in a Mystery Box and I have to say that (without using either yet) I love them both. The Manix XL feels incredibly solid and a great fit for my hand. I actually like the smooth G-10, would have never guessed. The UKPK fits my 2XL hands perfectly for how I like to hold small knives. I always have skipped past looking at slip joints, thinking them not a style for me.

I'm happy I took a gamble. It was a lot of fun for not much money, and I haven't even started using the knives yet!
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Sounds like a very solid box. They didn’t put one of my mystery boxes in with my order, nine days later it is finally shipped. I am going to get it Tuesday I would be thrilled to get those two knives.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

im25feetup wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:49 pm
I had never been attracted to the look of the Manix XL online, and had never seen one in person. I wouldn't have ever given one a second look. The UKPK was entirely off my radar. I received one of each in a Mystery Box and I have to say that (without using either yet) I love them both. The Manix XL feels incredibly solid and a great fit for my hand. I actually like the smooth G-10, would have never guessed. The UKPK fits my 2XL hands perfectly for how I like to hold small knives. I always have skipped past looking at slip joints, thinking them not a style for me.

I'm happy I took a gamble. It was a lot of fun for not much money, and I haven't even started using the knives yet!
The Cruwear Manix 2xl is one of spyderco’s most diesel knives…pretty much every time I pick mine up, I think “whoa…”

I would never, ever baton with a folding knife but that one comes the closest to giving me that feeling. It’s just begging to be used hard.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
vanka

Post by vanka »

The manix XL was my first ever spyderco. That model will always have a special place in my heart. On the practical note, I haven't found other spyderco with more secure grip than manix XL. Even with wet, dirty, greasy safety gloves once you get a grip it's not going anywhere. It's a bit on the thick side bte, but I believe that's the idea behind the design of the knife.
MASTODONFW16

Post by MASTODONFW16 »

Here's what I've got from a 150$ Box. Avocado Manix seems like an awesome score as far as I can tell. CaraCara2 has some scratches both on the blade and handle. Manix 2 has minor issues with G10, the blade has had too and only rubber helped.
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

I’ve received my order today. :smlling-eyes
Lil’ Native slipjoint. Aqua Salt SE and ARK.
The lock bar on the ‘Native stands a little proud approx. .5mm. Not a problem for me. Very nice, chunkier than I imagined.
The Aqua I honestly cannot see where the fault is… my first time handling one, I see why Vivi likes them so much.
The ARK is also fine, the edge needs a freshen up.But…
I ordered the serrated version and received the plain edge. :eye-roll
The only reason I added it to my order was I figured it was the only way to get a spyderedge ARK after the model was discontinued.
Sorry about the negativity I’m just a little disappointed. :-||
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
Optimus Cultro

Post by Optimus Cultro »

Ngati Pom wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:52 pm
I’ve received my order today. :smlling-eyes
Lil’ Native slipjoint. Aqua Salt SE and ARK.
The lock bar on the ‘Native stands a little proud approx. .5mm. Not a problem for me. Very nice, chunkier than I imagined.
The Aqua I honestly cannot see where the fault is… my first time handling one, I see why Vivi likes them so much.
The only reason I added it to my order was I figured it was the only way to get a spyderedge ARK after the model was discontinued.
I also ordered the serrated ark and got a plain edge too. I’m not real happy. I too only ordered the SE because it’s discontinued. The plain edge ark second sans sheath was not a particularly good deal at $63 when you can get a new one with sheath for under $83. I tried to contact customer service via their website but on three different devices and internet connections it seemed not to work.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Ngati Pom wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:52 pm
I'd be disappointed too. Have you tried contacting the SFO to see if they can help you?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

I also ordered the serrated ark and got a plain edge too. I’m not real happy. I too only ordered the SE because it’s discontinued. The plain edge ark second sans sheath was not a particularly good deal at $63 when you can get a new one with sheath for under $83. I tried to contact customer service via their website but on three different devices and internet connections it seemed not to work.
[/quote]

Did your receipt say SpyderEdge too?
Customer service are difficult to pin down, I believe there are only one or two people in the dept.
I doubt there is anything they would do unfortunately, due to their second’s sale policy.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson