Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
riclaw

Re: Calendar Contest

Post by riclaw »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:26 pm
riclaw wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:19 pm
#3 and #8. I like #7 too, but is that a factory configuration?
I don't think the calendar submissions have to factory configurations but, yes, it's factory. It"s the Cruwear Sprint from 2016
Oh, cool! I didn't know there was a Cruwear PM2 other than on the Crucarta model.

I like the Cruwear blade on my PM2 and recently discovered the Manix 2. I emailed DLT Trading to ask if they had any of their purple G-10 DLC Manix exclusives on the way but they said they don't expect any of those anytime soon.
- Richard
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Hi Sharp Guy, I’m sorry to hear you missed the deadline but hey you’re not alone…I too had several with which to choose but the deadline snuck up on me like a Prius 🤣 personally I like #3 and #7 assuming they’d format correctly
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:54 pm
Hi Sharp Guy, I’m sorry to hear you missed the deadline but hey you’re not alone…I too had several with which to choose but the deadline snuck up on me like a Prius 🤣 personally I like #3 and #7 assuming they’d format correctly
Sorry you missed out too!

Speaking of Prius, I recently saw a Prius smoke a really nice Mustang. I think the Prius caught the Mustang sleeping when the light turned green but I was actually amazed by how fast that Prius got off the line
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:52 pm
SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:54 pm
Sorry you missed out too!

Speaking of Prius, I recently saw a Prius smoke a really nice Mustang. I think the Prius caught the Mustang sleeping when the light turned green but I was actually amazed by how fast that Prius got off the line
Ha! I would have loved to see the look on the mustang driver’s face…I’ve seen mature grown men zigging and zagging through traffic in Teslas, now they ARE fast 👊
embry386

Post by embry386 »

#7 is the most visually interesting I think. Many of these are pretty cool though, although with some of them, the aspect ratio may not work for the calendar -- they'd have to crop them to get the correctly-proportioned rectangle, and parts of the knife might get cut off? Sorry you missed the deadline and good luck next year!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

embry386 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:42 am
#7 is the most visually interesting I think. Many of these are pretty cool though, although with some of them, the aspect ratio may not work for the calendar -- they'd have to crop them to get the correctly-proportioned rectangle, and parts of the knife might get cut off? Sorry you missed the deadline and good luck next year!
Yeah we've already covered the proportion thing. I usually pay closer attention to that when I'm considering a pic for submission. In this case I just went through the folder with knife pics and chose the ones that were in landscape orientation and that I thought looked like it might be calendar material.

For the heck of it I brought the images above into Luminar Neo and cropped some of them using a 11:9 aspect ratio. If I did this right (and please correct me if I did not) most of the pics above wouldn't be accepted.

What do you all use to crop pictures so they're the appropriate size? I honestly don't remember what I used in previous years. In fact I'm wondering if the pics I submitted in previous years were the correct format. I have a few different editing apps on my PC including Gimp. I guess I'll need to look harder at them and figure out how to do this correctly for next time
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The 40th anniv is my favorite. I didn't enter this year. Just busy. I never win anyways😁
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal