Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Striple765Rider

Re: Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Post by Striple765Rider »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:51 am
Man, people complaining of complainers here should go see the absolute whining, Spyderco-bashing and childish reactions at losing out on the seconds sale at the facebook knife groups! Some posts there make people here look like saints.
Yeah I saw some really rough ones on Instagram too. Lol
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:51 am
Man, people complaining of complainers here should go see the absolute whining, Spyderco-bashing and childish reactions at losing out on the seconds sale at the facebook knife groups! Some posts there make people here look like saints.
I've just seen yeah. And it's always the same thing "Hey guys it's all in good fun, it's just a dig. You're not eating turkey at dinner with the people at Spyderco, stop white knighting". Except I've seen nobody "white knighting", just people saying they're having fun while being very angry :squinting-tongue

I'll keep the rest for myself, otherwise I might look like I'm looking for parasocial relationships... :winking-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:20 pm
I'll keep the rest for myself, otherwise I might look like I'm looking for parasocial relationships...

Holy cow! I've never heard the term "parasocial" before. I had to look it up, which led to about half an hour of reading before I had to call it quits. Of course I've always been aware of the phenomenon, but didn't know there was a word, let alone extensive research on the subject.

Now please excuse me. As much as I'd like to continue this parasocial interaction, I really want to go read more about human psychology.

Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:53 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:20 pm
I'll keep the rest for myself, otherwise I might look like I'm looking for parasocial relationships...

Holy cow! I've never heard the term "parasocial" before. I had to look it up, which led to about half an hour of reading before I had to call it quits. Of course I've always been aware of the phenomenon, but didn't know there was a word, let alone extensive research on the subject.

Now please excuse me. As much as I'd like to continue this parasocial interaction, I really want to go read more about human psychology.

French psychology runs deeper than most 😅

Ok, I looked up the word, too….guess it kinda encompasses most of the entire internet thing, LOL.

(You don’t have to respond….I don’t want you thinking we have a relationship 🤣)

ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Erion929 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:36 pm
(You don’t have to respond….I don’t want you thinking we have a relationship 🤣)
best thing i've read all day. :rofl
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Couldn't load the website to buy a "mystery box"... but I logged in later yesterday afternoon and managed to get a nice knife on the cheap. Sorry to those who were disappointed not getting to buy what they were after.

Rant time (not intended to inflame anyone just my two cents). Clearly the site is not able to handle that much traffic. But a better site doesn't mean you'd get what you want anyways. For example some Nike sneaker drops are hyped and trafficked exponentially beyond what a knife sale will ever see. Even though their site and apps runs smoothly, you get there right on time and do your thing but you just don't get what you want-- because of supply and demand. It's a smoother experience but you mostly still take L's.

I tend to buy Spyderco knives from retailers and it will stay that way, but the seconds sale was a nice chance to buy from SFO online for a good price. Even if it was janky. I hope it continues in the future. Even the site crashes then and I miss out. IMO it is better than only people in CO getting a shot.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Lots of good shower knives still there. :cowboy
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Or, if you're the type that likes to inconspicuously hide personal defense items through out the house. There's a few of those too.
•• Beau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:33 pm

I've purchased at two seconds sales. Each time the knife I actually want, is the knife nobody else wants. Is that good luck, or am I stupid, or both? Last time it was the Parata; concurrently there was a running joke on how undesirable the Parata was, and it stayed available for a long time. This time it was the Swick, and I picked it up 9 hours after the start of the sale (yeah, I'm the guy who tried for two hours to buy a Swick). Waiting for the Swick jokes to start.

And the Swick (and the Parata!) are still available!!

I've learned I can be the last guy to the party and still have a piece of cake. As long as it's the piece of cake on the floor that nobody else wants. Mmmmmm....floor cake!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Bolster wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:39 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

I've purchased at two seconds sales. Each time the knife I actually want, is the knife nobody else wants. Is that good luck, or am I stupid, or both? Last time it was the Parata; concurrently there was a running joke on how undesirable the Parata was, and it stayed available for a long time. This time it was the Swick, and I picked it up 9 hours after the start of the sale. Waiting for the Swick jokes to start.

And the Swick (and the Parata!) are still available!!

I've learned I can be the last guy to the party and still have a piece of cake.

I remember that poor lonely Parata. I don't think it was about being undesirable as much as it was about seeing the kid that got picked last in gym class. It's got to happen to one of them. :-||
But we got that little guy adopted!.. And I bet we can find some good homes for these fellas too. Que the Sara McLaughlin sad but hopeful music. :pleading
•• Beau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

In the arms of the angel……fly away from here🎶
MRj “Weak things break!”
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Buddafucco wrote:
I think the ark “always ready knife” was made for the shower in case you drop the soap.

I never drop the soap so I don’t need one.
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

I was thinking about getting a Parata. It would be a unique addition to my collection but still more than I want to spend.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Just my thoughts, but I always thought the Parata missed the mark because of so much negative blade angle. IMHO it would have been so much more flexible in functionality if it were neutral or even slightly positive in blade angle. YMMV
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

I should get my mystery box Monday :party-face
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

hereiamu1 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:42 pm
I should get my mystery box Monday :party-face
Let me know what’s in it, it was the one in my cart I could not check out with due to the VPN error. ;)
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yes William, we all know, many times over, across both of these bitchfest threads that are dominating this normally fun and good natured forum the past few days.

Time to get over it folks, let's move on. Nothing can be done about it now. I'm sure Spyderco
is well aware of server issues or whatever the problem may be and will hopefully address that in the future.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

lol. something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind ^
:unicorn
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:24 pm
Yes William, we all know, many times over, across both of these bitchfest threads that are dominating this normally fun and good natured forum the past few days.

Time to get over it folks, let's move on. Nothing can be done about it now. I'm sure Spyderco
is well aware of server issues or whatever the problem may be and will hopefully address that in the future.
Well said Rick, and I apologize for my rant but the Braves lost man and I had to vent 🤣 seriously tho no biggie, we’ll get em’ next time and by that I mean the knives 😉
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:57 pm
lol. something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind ^
I've only participated in the 2020 sale and got exactly what I wanted. I find it highly unlikely I complained about these 2nds sales in the past.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick