2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Re: 2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by ChrisinHove »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:31 pm
Here's mine!
I forgot to say, it’s a collection of vintage woodworking tools with a N5 LW and my hardworking N5 M4. I reckon the ebony & brass marking gauge must be early-mid 19th century, the rest early 20th century.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Model: Spyderco CX11P Tim Wegner Mouse

As a long-time fan of Spyderco’s “Little-Big-Knives”, the Mouse has always been high on my list of all-time favorites. Despite its size, the Mouse is a stout and very capable little knife. I was recently holding this knife when the idea came for a picture. After all, what Mouse doesn’t enjoy some good cheese?

Special thanks to my wife for holding the light steady for me and thank you for the opportunity, Spyderco. Good luck everyone!

-Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

SpyderNut wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:40 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/3wSwT7KZ/IMG-9182.jpg

Model: Spyderco CX11P Tim Wegner Mouse

As a long-time fan of Spyderco’s “Little-Big-Knives”, the Mouse has always been high on my list of all-time favorites. Despite its size, the Mouse is a stout and very capable little knife. I was recently holding this knife when the idea came for a picture. After all, what Mouse doesn’t enjoy some good cheese?

Special thanks to my wife for holding the light steady for me and thank you for the opportunity, Spyderco. Good luck everyone!

-Michael
Great photo, Michael! I love the creativity!
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great picture Michael. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I had a work year so full I could not create an image in my mind of what I would want to set up for a calendar shot !
Good thing : I've been carrying a duo of knives for the past month that I can't separate. I just find it so good to both use and, I'll admit it, look at.

Since they both sports some grey, I thought I might go all-in and go for a white and grey shot (with several shades of grey, but not 50). Pretty cold shot but I hope it is to some people's liking !

The models are the Stretch 2 XL in Grey G-10 and CPM CRU-WEAR and the Baby Horn sprint-run in Grey G-10

If I chose these two, it is mainly because of the Baby Horn. It has been gifted to me last Christmas right after I lost my grandfather. It is a very, very similar design to the slipjoint folder he always used. It is both a gift coming from a dear friend and a "token" (don't know if I'm using the right word) that will always make me think of my grandpa when I'm using it.
The Stretch simply is the best knife I own and is wonderfully complementary to the Baby Horn.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

sal wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:34 pm
Hi RyanT, Chef Yui & Rrmiles,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Much appreciated Sal! To say I am a huge fan of your designs is an understatement. I enjoy some of the designer collaborations that Spyderco has done, most notably the Spydiechef with Marcin Slycz and the Yojimbo with Michael Janich, but the reason Spyderco is my favorite is without a doubt the Native, the Delica, and the Dragonfly. That and all the cool steels you put out! Thanks for "designing in the dark" it works great when its time to work.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Representing all people who do their public service in blue light organizations, I have chosen the police model. How would we all fare if this work were not done? Law, order, security and help in an emergency would be severely restricted. Thank you to all who serve!

Serrations symbolize the waves of life, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down and it helps immensely if you stay dashing and purposeful ;)
Attachments
IMG_3662.jpg
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Peter1960 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:40 am
Representing all people who do their public service in blue light organizations, I have chosen the police model. How would we all fare if this work were not done? Law, order, security and help in an emergency would be severely restricted. Thank you to all who serve!

Serrations symbolize the waves of life, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down and it helps immensely if you stay dashing and purposeful ;)
Wow such a nice picture . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:03 pm
Great photo, Michael! I love the creativity!
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:58 pm
Great picture Michael. MG2
Thanks Nick and Dan! The best part is now I have a lot of cheese to eat. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I chose the Chaparral again this year because it's my most carried and used knife for the past 2 years. I took this photo at the bottom of the gorge in Letchworth State Park here in upstate NY on one of my many hikes there and chose it for my submission this year because of the love I have for the Chaparral and the location.
Last edited by Fly Fishing Rick on Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jimmy
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Great choice!! We're very lucky to have that park relatively nearby. When we had a camper for a few years, we always new to reserve Letchworth very early!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Fly Fishing Rick

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:26 pm
Great choice!! We're very lucky to have that park relatively nearby. When we had a camper for a few years, we always new to reserve Letchworth very early!!
Thanks! I live 10 minutes away so I go every chance I get. It's one of my favorite places in the world.
-Jimmy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fly Fishing Rick wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:31 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:26 pm
Thanks! I live 10 minutes away so I go every chance I get. It's one of my favorite places in the world.
Great shot and beautiful area . Chap looks so big from that angle , very nice . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Amazing pictures this year, happy to see them all. It's going to make it very hard to win. Dare I say a better group of pictures than last year.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Fly Fishing Rick

Thanks Dan!
-Jimmy
psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

486ABD52-78E3-40E1-82BF-D21A2A9C3061.jpeg
Thanks for the fun again this year Spyderco- good luck to all who enter!

I have had this pink native for years. About two years ago my best friends wife and his family began navigating the world of Breast Cancer survival when she was diagnosed. This knife and it’s connection to supporting those dealing with breast cancer made it become an immediate favorite. I have carried this knife faithfully- both for the cause- and because it is an amazing pocket knife.

Pictured here is the Native 5 in pink (C41PN5) resting on some rusted iron window grates- The rusted metal and vibrant knife with shadow tell an interesting tale of survival, optimism, and permanence.

Thanks for the chance and the fun!
Last edited by psmith27 on Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

this rec exclusive manix (C101GODFDE2) is very special to me. in four days, i retire from the usaf with over 20 years of service. when i first saw this colorway from rec, i couldn't wait to see it on a manix, my favorite knife. i waited patiently and it was finally released last year. i was actually tdy in colorado at the time and visited the sfo the night before this was dropped. i managed to get out without spending any money though because i was holding out for the manix, but both friends i took with me purchased knives, one a matriarch 2 wave and the other a sage 5 lw. when the drop time came the next morning, i was stuck in a meeting that was running longer than scheduled, but i slipped out the back and went out to the parking lot to place my order (gotta have priorities). all 800 knives were gone in less than 3 minutes and i was so stoked to get one.

this manix will always be a reminder to me of my time in service. what better way to commemorate that time than with my favorite knife from my favorite manufacturer, in the colors of my uniform, and with 204p (for 20 years and 4 months :rofl).

thanks for the opportunity, spyderco! and thank you for taking care of service members and veterans!
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

One of my favorite stories of trying to nab an exclusive LB! Only knife enthusiasts can really appreciate it.

And thank you for your service!!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Just a heads up... Contest ends at 16:00 MDT Friday, 28-Jul-2023... That's tomorrow!
•• Beau
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

As an enthusiastic fisherman, my chosen photo for this year showcases the Spyderco USN Catcherman in H1 steel,
Scoring the skin of a beautiful fillet of wild sockeye salmon, all atop a bed of fresh parsley with a black poplar wood cookie, adding a touch of rustic charm. With this image, I'm hoping to inspire Spyderco to consider developing a second iteration of this fillet knife.

Thank you to the spyderco team for offering us this fun contest.
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin