Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Post by PStone »

I tried off and on as well. For about 5 hours. Gave up and started poking around dealers to scratch that Spydie itch and scored an SE K390 Delica for just $77 shipped at WhiteMountain. Im pretty happy with how it worked out.
:bug-red-white
GeneH

Post by GeneH »

Egads I didn’t even know it was going on. Can’t find any hint on the site. Ah well,
1095 AUS8 S3 154CM VG10 Nitro V and now - 15V Mule! :bug-white-red
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

aicolainen wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:04 pm
I might as well put in the average 3-4 hours required for a successful check out as overtime at work and pay full price.
I realized that and didn't even worry about trying today. I had to go to my office and work so it was easier for me to just ignore it.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

GeneH wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:36 pm
Egads I didn’t even know it was going on. Can’t find any hint on the site. Ah well,
They still have some items if you google spyderco seconds you will find the page.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 pm

Got an error saying my account was flagged for fraud?

What an experience.
Same thing happened to me and apparently to a lot of others also.

Funny thing though...seeing there were still something that I wanted to have a backup copy of still available onsite, I tried adding to cart and checking out again, using the same credit card that was marked for fraud earlier... Lo and behold, I was able to check out without any hint of fradulent activity warning. It's as if the fraud incident earlier never happened at all.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:50 pm

Whatcha got in mind with the Millies?

I haven't done a frankenmillie since I made a digital camo cpmd2 Military. Curious what you've got planned.
It's not very exciting, vivi, and maybe a bit of a waste of money. Through a series of purchases and past swaps, I've ended up with a set of carbon fiber scales I really like and a DLC blade I like, but a weird lockup - it feels solid when locked open, but has a lot of play when closed or partially open. Because of this play, the blade cannot be kept from rubbing on the non-lock-side scale. The problem is oversized holes in the blade or liners, or an undersized pivot.

A new DLC Millie will let me do a simple scale swap or, at worst, play around with parts until I get a properly operating blacked-out Millie with CF scales. I will then also have a blacked-out Mille with G-10 scales that doesn't operate properly, but so be it.

The whole story is much longer than I related, and involves a prior 52100 frankenmillie operation. ;)
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

I gave up after 30 minutes of watching the site crash, it sounds like that went on for several hours for some folks. Lame.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Tried for 6 hours with no luck, really wanted a box.

Phone just would not load much at all.

Computer has some luck, had a 2 knife box and shaman at one point in cart but got the VPN 8002 error. Was never fixed.

Disappointed but on the good side Spyderco employees were awesome and did a great job.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I bought the Spyderco Nada. Managed to save a few hundred bucks again! 🤑
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Spyderwebs

Post by Spyderwebs »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:04 pm
vivi wrote:

What an experience.
It's your IP address. Nothing to do with the credit card.

Funny thing though...seeing there were still something that I wanted to have a backup copy of still available onsite, I tried adding to cart and checking out again, using the same credit card that was marked for fraud earlier... Lo and behold, I was able to check out without any hint of fradulent activity warning. It's as if the fraud incident earlier never happened at all.
Google IP Address Rating and see how yours is rated. Mine was blacklisted. I had to use my phone to check out
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:25 pm
I bought the Spyderco Nada. Managed to save a few hundred bucks again! 🤑
Me too!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Spyderwebs wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:29 pm

Google IP Address Rating and see how yours is rated. Mine was blacklisted. I had to use my phone to check out
I have never seen another sight block that aggressively. Unfortunately my phone never loaded until everything worthwhile was gone.

Am I the only one who keeps checking to see if they would maybe post anything back… maybe someones order did not go through… only to know that this sale won’t happen again for a year plus if ever…
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Spyderwebs wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:29 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:04 pm
vivi wrote:

What an experience.
It's your IP address. Nothing to do with the credit card.

It's definitely not my IP address since I was using the same browser and laptop (chrome on macbook pro) connected to the same ISP without any break in the connection, for the two transactions where one was marked as fradulent and the other checked out successfully using the same credit card.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

It would be interesting to see the site traffic data just to get an idea of the scale of it.
I managed to get an Aqua Salt SE, ARK SE,and Lil’ Native slip-it, when I logged in the second time.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
Kaparaman

Post by Kaparaman »

Most of my knives are safe queens that will be passed down to my kids and grandkids. I've been a youtube follower of BBB for years now so I was thrilled to get the 15V series knives, but they all went straight in the safe. Today i was able to get the manix 2 15V, and PM2 15V, 2 of my favorite models. These will be going in my pocket. Today was a great day! Congratulations to everyone who scored!
Kapara: S30V <3<3<3, 20CV
Shaman: Cruwear, 4V, S90V CF, 15V
Manix 2: 4V, M390, M390 DLC, 15V
PM2: Cruwear, S110V, 15V
Dodo: M4
Yojumbo: M4
Mule: 15V, T15
I forget the rest: ?, ?, ?....
Dream knife: Kapara S90V marble carbon fiber
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

PStone wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:20 pm
I tried off and on as well. For about 5 hours. Gave up and started poking around dealers to scratch that Spydie itch and scored an SE K390 Delica for just $77 shipped at WhiteMountain. Im pretty happy with how it worked out.
:bug-red-white
You are going to like that Delica. Did you get the PE or the SE?
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

PM2 15V
Centofante 3
Yojimbo 2

I have several PM2s and passed on the 15V Sprint when they dropped. But for $108 I couldn't pass it up. The Centofante is one I've always wanted but never pulled the trigger. Same with the Yojimbo. I love a good wharnie but never even handled a Yojimbo. Looking forward to adding these to my Spydie stash
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Got an SE Ayoob and a Waterway--both on my short list. Good day!
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:10 pm
You can’t be serious. This was the worst internet customer experience I’ve ever encountered. This was not their first rodeo, yet Spydie fans allow this to repeatedly happen.
I believe this was the first online 2nds sale. This isn't a black friday sale, this is the company doing us a solid instead of dumping this on some reseller that will mark this stuff up. It's previously only been in person at the factory in Golden.
cabfrank wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:15 pm
Erion, just out of curiosity, what would prompt that response from someone with under 50 posts to someone with over 12,000? It seems out of line.
What does post count have to do with anything. Erion is right, Spyderco's strong suit isn't running websites or selling stuff direct. This was a frustrating experience. That's ok, I think he just doesn't understand the context. But let's be real, Sal saying the website was down because "thousands of people" were accessing it is all you really need to see here. Spyderco.com apparently is not run with the idea of handling real traffic. It normally doesn't have to because Spyderco.com doesn't sell knives at street price so there's not many people ordering knives direct.

I didn't end up buying anything (still hemming and hawing about an Aqua Salt) but if you're tight on cash and really want a deal on a Spyderco I could see being really disappointed with how this went.
Kaparaman

Post by Kaparaman »

zhyla wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:14 pm
Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:10 pm
You can’t be serious. This was the worst internet customer experience I’ve ever encountered. This was not their first rodeo, yet Spydie fans allow this to repeatedly happen.
I believe this was the first online 2nds sale. This isn't a black friday sale, this is the company doing us a solid instead of dumping this on some reseller that will mark this stuff up. It's previously only been in person at the factory in Golden.
👍
Kapara: S30V <3<3<3, 20CV
Shaman: Cruwear, 4V, S90V CF, 15V
Manix 2: 4V, M390, M390 DLC, 15V
PM2: Cruwear, S110V, 15V
Dodo: M4
Yojumbo: M4
Mule: 15V, T15
I forget the rest: ?, ?, ?....
Dream knife: Kapara S90V marble carbon fiber