Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ogunbladeworks

Re: Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Post by ogunbladeworks »

oh nice. updated my cart, paysan was gone, but now I can check out. No thanks. What a waste of time :(
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:41 am
So much for the request for people not to piss and moan in this thread....yikes
No real piss and moan just more feedback. In part so other might see they are not alone and to keep trying and possibly for some feedback to Spyderco for improvements next sale.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
im25feetup

Post by im25feetup »

I noticed 15V models for sale- meaning Mystery Boxes containing items not offered elsewhere may contain….. which models? They wouldn’t release the Manix 2 Salt this way, would they?
ogunbladeworks

Post by ogunbladeworks »

don't piss and moan--wow. The mutual feeling of support amongst collectors is strong in these forums. Im assuming it's because dedicated collectors are having technical difficulties with the site, not that someone else bought their prize. Thats fair game to post about and commiserate with others as far as im concerned. If not--my bad, wrong forums for me.
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I just tried one last time before making this comment.

I can understand the frustration. I woke up early for this sale. I tried for two hours then gave up. Then tried one last time three hours into the sale.

At no point could I even add a single knife to my cart then check out.

That's a frustrating experience, and that's putting it lightly.
:unicorn
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Issues like the very same card you've used to successfully purchase from the site 30 minutes before- now being marked as fradulent, and personal account information being wiped clean , I'd hardly call that pissing and moaning.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

im25feetup wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:52 am
They wouldn’t release the Manix 2 Salt this way, would they?
No
RyanAnchors

Post by RyanAnchors »

im25feetup wrote:
I noticed 15V models for sale- meaning Mystery Boxes containing items not offered elsewhere may contain….. which models? They wouldn’t release the Manix 2 Salt this way, would they?
No, it will only contain seconds of things they’ve already produced. Could still have some 15v in it. Will probably have a lot of dealer exclusives since they’ve never sold those seconds before. Might even be some old dealer Exclusive seconds from past runs.
RyanAnchors

Post by RyanAnchors »

vivi wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I just tried one last time before making this comment.

I can understand the frustration. I woke up early for this sale. I tried for two hours then gave up. Then tried one last time three hours into the sale.

At no point could I even add a single knife to my cart then check out.

That's a frustrating experience, and that's putting it lightly.
I also woke up early. Kept refreshing and finally got to complete after 1.5 hours only to get bumped back because $250 mystery box was sold out. Went through it all over again and finally go through with 2x $150 boxes and a Native 5 LW. Overall, I think it was worth the 2.5 hours of work depending on what’s in the boxes.

Also, nice pfp, Electric Wizard is tight
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well I made it back in and back out in one piece. This time I did a Yojimbo and Centofante. Two knives I don't have yet.

I called the SFO and asked if they could combine my orders and take care of the shipping. We'll see what happens. I made sure to tell them that they're doing a great job and we appreciate the online seconds sale
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mea culpa. :flushed
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

I would love to see their statistics... are servers could handle 10 sales an hour. We predict this sale will end in November.

Haha just kidding of course but I wonder how far off it is...

Wanted the $250, that did not happen. Have a $150 box and a Shaman in cart but still struggle to check out.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Logging out and back in fixed the Fraud error for me. (Cart contents remained). Was able to check out with 2 Aqua Salts and a Bow River after a mere 3 hrs.

Better than standing in line! ;)
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

Another 2 hours of ****, here….

Two browsers….multiple “page not loading”, “can’t connect to server” messages….refresh….retry….one page loads with products….can’t select due to connection….10 minutes of refreshes….ok, page loads, so “Add to Cart”….can’t checkout, due to connection….refresh for 10 minutes….ok, “Continue Checkout”….10 minutes of refresh….”Fraud suspicion or VPN issue”, when I’m in the U.S., I don’t use a VPN, and I’ve bought before on the account….lost connection….refresh….called Support at Spyderco, actually answered and said they’d clear up the account “8002 Code”….didn’t happen after another 40 minutes….no connection….ok, “Continue Checkout”…..no connection…cart now empty, item “Sold Out”….

What a waste of 2 hours….************ 👎

.*EDITED - Family-friendly forum - TazKristi*
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Took a while but I walked away with an order. Excited to add three models I don’t have.
1 Aqua Salt FRN Black/Black Blade PlainEdge (Without Sheath) $74.00 $74.00
1 Massad Ayoob SpyderEdge Sprint Run (XXC60GSGY) *+ $100.00 $100.00
1 YoJumbo Carbon Fiber CPM S90V Sprint Run (XXC253CFP)  $145.00 $145.00
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Being frustrated is understandable but remember to have some respect.

I appreciate that Spyderco does this. I was ready to give up too but kept trying and it paid off...twice

I was able to log back in a few minutes ago and there's still a lot of nice knives available
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Urkilnmesmalls

Post by Urkilnmesmalls »

I appreciate it too. I’m still struggling to check out and I’m jealous of the people who have managed to get in twice.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I do understand the request to not fill this thread with complaints, but, let's just say, this sale hasn't worked at all, for most people.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Crazy to see that the website is still crashing... The advertisement department really does their job well !
Compared to the "surprise" online sale of november it's not even the same ballpark when it comes to visitors I bet.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

Made it all the way through past the credit card page, got dumped onto some weird “jobs at spyderco pdf” page, went around again with the items still in my cart and that was that…

Out of stock…
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch