Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Coastal

Re: Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Post by Coastal »

I clicked on one of the links vivi posted, and it opened to an item I wasn't interested in. I added it to my cart anyway, to see what would happen. I thought nothing happened, but now every time I manage to get back to the site, it prompts me to check out. But it won't let me do anything else. I might just have to buy that Native 5 Maxamet out of spite.
Last edited by Coastal on Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batmanyo

Post by Batmanyo »

I’ve been trying since launch just to get onto the site. Tried turning wifi off, on, different browsers, my work phone, a tablet… nothin….. 😑
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

About an hour in, I finally get to where I can see something in my cart and try to check out.. only to have the site tell me that something is fraudulent/funny about my account info. An account I have had and used for 15+ years and the same address and info I've used for the last several years. And I deliberately disconnected from my work VPN for this sale.

I don't know what has been changed about the unusual activity detection, but it appears to not be working correctly. Bah.

UPDATE: talked to SFO and it looks like the extreme load is making the anti-fraud detection not work correctly. He took my info and said I'd be cleared once they can get into the site to check it out. So, I guess maybe I'll have a shot after a little while.
Last edited by defenestrate on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

They need to stop new connections so that those already in can finish their transactions and get off the site.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I vote they take all the profits and upgrade their servers and website. 😂
MRj “Weak things break!”
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:27 am
I accepted the $13 shipping charge just to avoid going back in, but now it looks like complete failure at the final stage of checkout.

What are you after? It took me forever to checkout, and right after entering my card details and confirming my order, I got hit by a blank wall of err_timed_out. Just kept refreshing the page for more than 20 minutes but never got the order confirmation page, but curiously my bank sent me a text message that money has been debited from my card, and a few more agonizing minutes later, finally an email order confirmation. You might want to refresh the last checkout phase.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
vivi

Post by vivi »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:25 am
vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am
nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 am
I wonder if Spyderco will be adding more stuff like in the first sale...
Hopefully. After 80 minutes I've managed to add one thing to my cart, but can't load my cart. Looks like anything I'm after will be gone by the time I can load the check out page.

Did you manage to check out your Aqua Salts? If that's what you're after, I still see them up.
Nope, can't load my cart. I'd be thrilled to grab one of those or a Millie DLC/digicamo. Thanks for the heads up.
:unicorn
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Really disappointed. I had a premium mystery box in my cart and submitted my order 30 minutes ago but after clicking submit order the confirmation page had a loading error. I tried reloading this page but was sent back to the home page. No email confirmation and no charge on my card. Tried calling customer service and they said they couldn't do anything for me. Never had a website fail to take my order when I hit submit after having payment info in. Pretty annoyed with the whole process. And now they're out of stock.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

👆
MRj “Weak things break!”
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

And we are done with this farce. As I expected the item I wanted went out of stock while I waited for the rickety server to catch up. I want my hour and a half back.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

defenestrate wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:30 am
About an hour in, I finally get to where I can see something in my cart and try to check out.. only to have the site tell me that something is fraudulent/funny about my account info. An account I have had and used for 15+ years and the same address and info I've used for the last several years. And I deliberately disconnected from my work VPN for this sale.

I don't know what has been changed about the unusual activity detection, but it appears to not be working correctly. Bah.

UPDATE: talked to SFO and it looks like the extreme load is making the anti-fraud detection not work corrrectly. He took my info and said I'd be cleared once they can get into the site to check it out. So, I guess maybe I'll have a shot aft3er a little while.

LOL, I just got marked a fradulent transaction using the VERY SAME CARD I literally used to SUCCESSFULLY ORDER a pair of Bug stickers like 30 MINUTES before the sale went live.

And also before that, all my account details like shipping and billing addresses were mysteriously wiped clean, so I had to painfully enter all the details all over again.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I had put in my infos and everything, final step of ordering and had to refresh a bunch of time. After a number of refreshes it went back to menu and i have to do it all over again lol
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

ATM,I can add items to the cart but can't complete the checkout process.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I log in, get as far as the payment page (after an hour and a half of waiting) and the server "forgets" who I am. Currently I can't even start over to see if my account still has the items in the cart.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:39 am
I log in, get as far as the payment page (after an hour and a half of waiting) and the server "forgets" who I am. Currently I can't even start over to see if my account still has the items in the cart.
Happened to me twice, you might have to sign in again but cart stayed the same for me.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:32 am
nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:25 am
vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am
nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 am
I wonder if Spyderco will be adding more stuff like in the first sale...
Hopefully. After 80 minutes I've managed to add one thing to my cart, but can't load my cart. Looks like anything I'm after will be gone by the time I can load the check out page.

Did you manage to check out your Aqua Salts? If that's what you're after, I still see them up.
Nope, can't load my cart. I'd be thrilled to grab one of those or a Millie DLC/digicamo. Thanks for the heads up.

I think both are still up, but I haven't refreshed the product page in a while because it might not load again.
Guts

Post by Guts »

Made some progress and got to the final step, but the page just times out after clicking compete order. Hope I can squeeze it through. Some of the stuff in my cart others mentioned as being OOS already, but I'd be happy if the order even goes through at this point.

ETA: it kicked me back into the cart due to the items that were OOS :neutral. Now I have to somehow update my cart and then get through the checkout process again before anything else in my cart goes OOS :')
This is bringing back memories of the computer component shortage of 2020-2021
Last edited by Guts on Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

I may be able tp get access now, good effort, do you know if sheats can be bought separately for fixed blades?
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Guts wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:42 am
Made some progress and got to the final step, but the page just times out after clicking compete order. Hope I can squeeze it through. Some of the stuff in my cart others mentioned as being OOS already, but I'd be happy if the order even goes through at this point.

Happened the same thing to me, never made it to the order confirmation page but I just kept refreshing...I finally got confirmation email several agonizing minutes later. But no confirmation page. You might want to try checking your email while refreshing.
spidercorp

Post by spidercorp »

I have gotten all the way through to the checkout payment page. I hit complete order and it takes me back to the home page. I do see a 1 dollar hold in on my bank statement, but nothing else. No confirmation, nothing. I really hope I don't end up with 2 charges.