2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IronBird

Re: 2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by IronBird »

My first impression for Spyderco is C46 Spyderco Bob Lum Tanto Folder.
Currently total 15 pieces about 16 years for collected.
Attachments
TantoBlade3.JPG
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Forum Name: TkoK83Spy
Model Name : C223GM4PBK Para 3 Exclusive

I chose this selection because I wanted to go with something different. Give an old exclusive model with some heavy use at work a calendar try! These knives are made to work and a G10 Para 3 in M4 proves just that. My lone remaining Para 3, have always loved this particular knife.

Anybody else find that Brandfolder site difficult to navigate? No save options or completed messages. They either got nothing from me, or the same thing 6 or 7 times hahah!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

The submit site is tough. If I remember correctly it all it say is the file was uploaded. Would be better to see some confirmation that your entry and information was correctly submitted, or something to that extent.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

Here’s my submission for the calendar. My family was camping for the weekend while the Spydiechef handled food prep. We came across an old train car in the nearby town that the kids wanted to check out, which is in the background.

Good luck to all! Thanks for hosting this contest, Spyderco team.
Attachments
IMG_2821.jpeg
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

photos are looking good!! I can't wait to see them all!
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

While we were driving cross country last month moving from Utah to Ohio I convinced my wife that we should take a detour and stop in Golden, CO. It's the only time I have ever been there and my wife got me the super blue Delica for my birthday and she got herself the matching dragonfly. That was a fun day! This was the least planned of all the photos that I took in preparation for this year's calendar submission but it turned out great. We were on a walk with our daughter in my favorite metro park here in Ohio and we both were carrying our matching super blues so I borrowed hers for a quick photo. It turned out better than I expected! Hope you like it! :bug-red-white
superblue preview.jpg
Chef Yui

Post by Chef Yui »

My husband (RyanY) just posted his photo and while I was watching him edit and obsessively take photos this past week it got me thinking about my favorite knife picture. I took it a while ago while we were living in Utah. I do most of the cooking, and when we travel I always have my Spydiechef. It's not as good as a chef's knife but as was discussed in the "dream salt" thread it works better than any knife you will find in an Airbnb while traveling. I have even made full meals in national park picnic areas with it! So here is my photo of the Spydiechef sitting proudly on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. Seems like a fitting place for a Salt knife. (I read the rules carefully and it didn't say anything about two people from the same household participating but if I misunderstood please let me know and we can just go with my husband's picture as he would cry if I stole his spot :smirk )
Chef preview.jpg
rrmiles

Post by rrmiles »

Golden Spider v01
Golden Spider v01
“Golden Spider v01” hand engraved Spyderco Grasshopper. In today’s urban jungle, the Grasshopper is the perfect canvas for my hand engraving and 24k gold inlay.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Have spent the last week in California touring National Parks. My extended family and all the kids make a trip of several parks to visit every couple of years. Over 20 parks now we have all visited together. This picture is in Redwoods National Park on the coast. Pacific Salt featured on the Pacific.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Thank you again Spyderco for the chance to compete in the yearly contest, and good luck to all! My submission for this year:

Forum Name: Lumpy620
Model: Pacific Salt 2 Green LC200N (C91FGR2)
PXL_20230723_200141545_copy_2040x1536.jpg

Usually my submissions are members of the Native family of knives, as they tend to be my most carried Spydies.

This year however, I picked the Pacific Salt 2 LC200N version, ironically for a lot of the same reasons I like the Native series. It's a quintessential Spyderco in-house design, which has seen numerous iterations and CQI. In this case, the Pacific Salt 2 is descended from the Endura, which has been a, well, enduring part of the Spyderco evergreen lineup since almost the very beginning. Even all these years later Sal & company found a way to supercharge/switch-up the classic in new ways, and the Pacific Salt 2 is a prime example. This time of year, it becomes one of my most carried blades for work & play due to its ease of maintenance, corrosion resistance, weight, and ergonomics.

This photo was taken on a small, stone reflecting pool my father and I carved and shaped for my mother years ago, which been the base for some of my favorite Spydie photographs I have taken for both entries in this contest, and random leisure shots.
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
sal

Post by sal »

Hi RyanT, Chef Yui & Rrmiles,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image I’m jumping in with a Native Chief since I tend to appreciate larger knives and this one is a favorite . Shot was taken in back in woodsy area of stack of old cut logs which as many know I enjoy tree shots . Thank you PStone for your assistance and friendship ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I do wish there was some confirmation email sent to verify the upload worked. 🤣. My slight OCD feels like I left the garage door open.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Just uploaded my entry to the website en here its is for the forum guys.

At first i did not wanted to enter but i decided in the small chance i would win something my price would go to a fellow forummember who helped me true tuff times and i consider a dear friend!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Here's mine!
Attachments
ChrisInHove Native5  thumb.jpg
Chef Yui

Post by Chef Yui »

sal wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:34 pm
Hi RyanT, Chef Yui & Rrmiles,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Thank you Sal!
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Forum name:Mrj
Models:REC exclusives C81GPCBBK2 pm2 and C223GPCB para 3 10v scorpions.
These two are hanging out with their exoskeleton friend. Watch out they bite!
The scorpion friend is hand made using a battery drill and ceiling wire. I picked these two because they are icons. The para 3 is the model that made me fall in love with Spyderco. I tend to have one of these two models on me at all times. Also scorpions are just amazing.
Last edited by Mrj on Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
MRj “Weak things break!”
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Forum name: Tap78
Model Name: REINHOLD RHINO™ C210CF

Spyderco Reinhold Rhino is a fantastic small knife with a nice pointy blade. Love the details on this knife, handle pattern, logos, materials used and build quality... everything is a top notch. Great knife for special events and Sunday leasure. Here it is resting in forest environment with a little friend.
Last edited by tap78 on Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I chose the Leafstorm among the fallen October leaves for this years submission, hope you like it, cheers!

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

Forum name: przemekspce
Model name: Techno 2 C158TIP2

Some time ago I wanted to take some Halloween themed photos. I bought artificial cobwebs and spiders and got to work. Techno 2 bravely posed with its plastic cousins.

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red