Go Get Your Anchor! True Beer Stories

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RustyIron

Re: Go Get Your Anchor! True Beer Stories

Post by RustyIron »

remnar wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:22 pm
I have been wondering what was going on with Stone. They have been my go-to brand for years also but I haven't seen any on the shelf at my local grocery store for months.
I've been getting the variety pack at Costco. Just about every grocery store carries it. I guess their SoCal distributor is more on-the-ball.
remnar

Post by remnar »

My most tragic beer story would have to be the loss of Big Al Brewing, and in particular the loss of their Hop Villain black IPA. I stumbled across Hop Villain at one of the large beer and wine stores and it was a hit from the first sip. So full of flavor and so smooth. After a couple of years of making long trips to pick up 22 ounce bottles from the same store, It seemed to have disappeared and I could no longer find it anywhere. I searched the internet and found that they were still producing it but only had it available on tap in their taproom. Later, I discovered that Big Al Brewing shut down in 2018. I haven't been able to find a black IPA that I think is as good as Hop Villain. Seven Seas Brewing makes one that comes close but it is only brewed seasonally and their distribution is not widespread.

remnar

Post by remnar »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:31 pm
remnar wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:22 pm
I have been wondering what was going on with Stone. They have been my go-to brand for years also but I haven't seen any on the shelf at my local grocery store for months.
I've been getting the variety pack at Costco. Just about every grocery store carries it. I guess their SoCal distributor is more on-the-ball.
I did manage to pick up a variety pack at Walmart yesterday, but I usually get their basic IPA in the bottles and I can't remember when I last saw those.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/