What knives do you miss?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brock O Lee

Re: What knives do you miss?

Post by Brock O Lee »

I sold a Breeden Rescue years ago to buy something more practical (cannot even remember what). For a knife with a seemingly angular handle it had great ergos. I miss that quirky design.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Don't get me started. I've been lucky to have so many I can't complain but if I got to say all of them I don't still own.

Ok 1 right now
Spyderwrench .. I'm into multitools also and it was a very cool crossover with them. Fs zdp endura close 2nd
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:18 pm
I truly regret selling my titanium Lum tantos and my plain-edge titanium ATR. I was young(er) and stupid...
Well, that makes 2 of us so don’t feel bad. I also regret selling my Ocelot.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Lava. And since the reboot didn’t sell great there’s zero chance we see it again
jdw

Post by jdw »

I miss my brown KC XHP Manix the most. It’s the nicest Manix LW I have owned and one of those knives that the universe aligned just right when it was created. I left it on the side of the trail during a break and by the time I realized that it was gone it was too late to go back and find it. The only one that I’ve seen for resell was ludicrously priced.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

I wish I had bought the hundred pacer. It's not my type of carry but I'd love to own one as the design just speaks to me. I've seen a few for sale now and then but they were too pricey for me.
z1r

Post by z1r »

I miss my Spy27 N5. Lost it yesterday when I left it at the hotel I stayed at. I rode a charity bike ride and had to get out early and in my rush forgot to pack it. Really bummed. It was a gift from my wife and son. I just ordered a replacement from WMK. :'(
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Michael Walker C22. Should have never sold that one.

Donut

Post by Donut »

Maybe the dark green, linerless, Native 5 in S90V.

Not too many, I resist letting stuff go too much. I have dupes and/or sprints of a lot of the models I like.

I wonder why we never saw anything else in CTS-20CP. That's one I don't want to let go of because there is nothing else available with that steel.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

I miss my black Perrin PPT… gave it to a friend, but I miss it
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

My list of knives i regret missing is way too long…

Pretty much any collaboration that I didn’t buy when they were in production and easily acquired. As it stands there are too many of them.

The EuroEdge is the first one that comes to mind for me. That design is absolutely gorgeous and I fully regret ignoring it when they were in production. I need a EuroEdge in my collection.
-Nick :bug-red
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:52 pm

That would be an awesome reboot/sprint.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Bemo wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:29 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:52 pm

That would be an awesome reboot/sprint.
Yes! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76523
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

jdw wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:01 pm
I miss my brown KC XHP Manix the most. It’s the nicest Manix LW I have owned and one of those knives that the universe aligned just right when it was created. I left it on the side of the trail during a break and by the time I realized that it was gone it was too late to go back and find it. The only one that I’ve seen for resell was ludicrously priced.

I don't know that variant, did a search, was it with brown FRCP scales like this? Even finding a photo of it was challenging.
Attachments
th-403816957.jpeg
th-403816957.jpeg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I've never sold a Spyderco, but I've lost a few. I miss my ZDP-189 Stretch the most, followed by my ZDP-189 Dragonfly. Both excellent knives.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Bolster wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:36 pm
jdw wrote:

I don't know that variant, did a search, was it with brown FRCP scales like this? Even finding a photo of it was challenging.

Thanks for the pic! That was the one. Holy cow what great knife!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bolster wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:36 pm
jdw wrote:

I think this is the very knife Ladybug 93 used to "torture" me with, by pretty often posting pics of it here... ;)

He does not so much anymore, since he got his custom scale Manix 2, but the brown XHP Manix 2 LW still is the only Manix I might like even more than my beloved burnt orange REX 45 variant.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I'm pretty content but I do wish I would have purchased either the Endura or Stretch hap40, so seeing pics of them really hurts!
I have the KC exclusive hap40/pakkawood df2 but it doesn't do it for me like those burnt orange LW's do.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

USN Endura
Yojimbo 1

Both had a very specific tactile feel and were very pleasing to own, hold, and use. Since I had to sell my examples I've only seen each for sale a small handful of times over the past decade plus. Never had the opportunity to buy.
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I miss having a lot of my old spydercos. Original lil temperance se leaf, blue almite navigator, cricket, h1 dragonfly, spot, native 2, kiwi3, ss jester, web etched spin, para3… probably more I’m not remembering. Being broke and having a strong desire to have the Caly models made me sell off 98% of my original collection.
:bug-red-white