FRN Mule Team Scales

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
electro-static

FRN Mule Team Scales

Post by electro-static »

I just got an Enuff 2 in the mail and noticed that it felt a lot more well balanced than my 15V mule with Spyderco G10 scales. Despite being longer it was significantly lighter with a better balance in the hand. I attribute this to the really excellent FRN scales on it. I think that having a set of similar scales for my mule, even if the cost the same as G10 would significantly improve it as a knife.

Did spyderco ever make any FRN Mule Team handle scale? and if not are there any plans to make them in the future. Because if the are anything like the Enuff 2’s scale they will make my mules a lot more carry-able and ergonomic.
JRinFL

Re: FRN Mule Team Scales

Post by JRinFL »

I like this idea. Not sure if it was brought before, but even if so, it remains a good idea.

The upfront costs for FRN molds is probably keeping this from happening, so we might see 3d printed scales from Spyderco before we see FRN scales.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:36 am
I like this idea. Not sure if it was brought before, but even if so, it remains a good idea.

The upfront costs for FRN molds is probably keeping this from happening, so we might see 3d printed scales from Spyderco before we see FRN scales.
Honestly I’d pay the same for them as the G10 scales because they are much nicer in my hand.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I'd be thrilled to purchase FRN scales for mules.

As it stands now, I'm using lightweight woods to keep the weight down on mules, such as pine and cedar. They won't win beauty contests but they're light. FRN would be better.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

I usually use micarta - either bought or made, but I would love some FRN ones (especially in bright, easy to find when you drop your knife in long grass colours).
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE