Post Your WTC Number ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stevie Ray

Post Your WTC Number ...

Post by Stevie Ray »

I was surprised to read that Spyderco intends to stop selling any remaining WTC knives on or after August 31. If you haven't purchased one ... NOW IS THE TIME...

WTC #0014
Steve
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

This has been a fairly constant subject of discussion here for the past couple months, ever since Kristi posted the announcement of that plan. Took me a long time to take the plunge and get one, and it still triggers a lot of emotions in me, not all of them pure and pleasant. Did order a this past week, may still go for #3 before the program ends. Not sure what I will do with it/them, as this is one knife I would never feel right putting on the auction block.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Senate

Post by Senate »

mine is #1978
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
swede

Post by swede »

Hi Steve,

Dave
mikewww

Post by mikewww »

Hello stevie Ray

I got #1445 some time ago. Very impressive and very moving. Like Deacon, I hope they do not end up on eBay. It will be like profiteering from suffering. Maybe THIS is why Spyderco may destroy any left over, instead of selling them at a discount. In my opinion, and because they are so special, I feel that Spyderco should perhaps sell them to someone dedicated, who could resell them as now, but over a longer period. With their huge stock, I am sure a firm like NGK would do this.

Regards

Mike
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Wtc knife #1502
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

I did have plans to buy one.. but with the Calpyso, R2, Poliwog and Forum knife... My funds are elsewhere. :(
Rock
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

It is a center piece of my collection, Its meaning goes beyond just another knife, it honors a man who made the ultimate sacrafice, as well the victims of an act of terror. The knife says alot about bravery, the cost of freedom, and about Spyderco as a company.

Glock27

Post by Glock27 »

I have another one coming...mailed the order off Friday.
G27
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

#1475 I would love nothing more than to buy another one, but sadly, I'm tapped out.

Not to ruin anyones day either, but I have bad news. There is a WTC Knife on Ebay right now :mad:

Oh by all means, profit off of the deaths of thousands of innocent people. It makes me sick.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Steve,
My number's in my sig. line. I also hope that all that want one get one.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
hanswurst

Post by hanswurst »

Mine is #1441. It's the most expensive knife i'll ever buy, but I didn't have to think about this one twice. Thanks to Spyderco for doing this project and giving us the opportunity to help.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

smcfalls13 wrote:#1475 I would love nothing more than to buy another one, but sadly, I'm tapped out.

Not to ruin anyones day either, but I have bad news. There is a WTC Knife on Ebay right now :mad:

Oh by all means, profit off of the deaths of thousands of innocent people. It makes me sick.
Well, over the past two years I have seen a half dozen or more of them sold on eBay. None has ever brought more that list price, most have sold for less than $200. Now granted, I graduated high school over forty years ago and don't know the "new math" but by my calculations its hard to make a profit selling for less than you paid. If the seller were looking to maximize his return, he would have probably been better off waiting a few weeks until after they were unavailable except on the secondary market.
Paul
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

The Deacon wrote:Well, over the past two years I have seen a half dozen or more of them sold on eBay. None has ever brought more that list price, most have sold for less than $200. Now granted, I graduated high school over forty years ago and don't know the "new math" but by my calculations its hard to make a profit selling for less than you paid. If the seller were looking to maximize his return, he would have probably been better off waiting a few weeks until after they were unavailable except on the secondary market.
Good, that calms me down slightly. But I still wonder why anyone would sell that kind of knife? If I were badly in need of money, I'd probably start selling my knives, but the WTC would be the absolute last one I sold, and I'd be trying to find every possible reason not to sell it. Just a difference of opinion I guess. :o
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

Mine is #1398 I picked up #1516 today at SFO for a good friend.

R7
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

I've got #1032. I think I may jump in at the last minute to get another.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I won't see mine in person untill a couple of weeks, but it should read #2507.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
JD Spydo

I'm interested.

Post by JD Spydo »

For some reason until now I have not generated any interest in it. But this thread has given me a boot in the rear to go ahead and get it. Does anyone know how many numbers are still left? Does anyone know who to contact? I'll bet someone who has bought one is using it too :eek: . This guy ought to be a major collectible in about 5 years or so. With the economy going straight down the toilet I'll bet this won't be the only one we see on Ebay in the near future. I hope I am wrong. JD :spyder: O
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

JD Spydo wrote: Does anyone know who to contact?
JD,
ppalmer@spyderco.com (Pat)
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No clue as to numbers JD, but the contact person is Pat Palmer.
Joyce Laituri wrote:Call or email Pat Palmer here at Spyderco. She can fix you right up.

ppalmer@spyderco.com
800-525-7770 X129
Would suggest at this point that a phone call would be the most reliable (also the only safe way unless your Credit Card # is already on file - sending that info by email is NOT a good idea). Hours are those for the front office, not SFO, and I can tell you from experience that she does return calls promptly if she is away from her desk when you call and you have to leave a message for her. As with everyone I have ever dealt with at Spyderco, she's a genuine pleasure to talk to.
Paul