Pick One Favorite.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dnwrghtsr

Re: Pick One Favorite.

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

SMKW green fat carbon blade swap to s110v. I finally found a set of scales I like on pm2’s.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Currently… the DLT Cruwear Endela.
A4ECE260-E3D5-431F-AD31-963B0F5E5CB4.jpeg
654D82DE-D417-4EB6-904B-6B2C136B0139.jpeg
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:32 pm
BigFishShamu wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:04 am
Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:04 pm
Not just because it’s my 1st Spyderco…..or the most expensive knife I own….but because of the mods I chose, the feel, and the action. Love the knife, just have to break down and use it like it needs to be….Manix 2 👍

Second is my Lava Flow PM2 with M4 💥

How difficult was the AWT scale swap? Been looking into getting some for my Manix but I’ve only ever scale swapped like one on my Demko… That build looks great 👊🏽

The scale swap was simple! Because you are also deleting the lanyard tube, you don’t even need to separate the G10 scales from the lanyard tube….just remove it all in one piece. So, you just take body/pivot screws out of the knife, swing one scale/liner out of the way, jiggle out the cage/ball/retainer piece, and basically put it back together with the AWT scales.

(Just determine beforehand if you are going to replace the cage, ball, or spring with aftermarket parts)

Take a moment and observe the alignment of the cage/spring/ball as you swing out the scale/liner. There are lots of YouTube vids on disassembly, even ones changing to AWT scales. After the first time, it gets easier and easier….I took mine apart 3 times as I was trying in different springs. It’s not as hard as some make it seem, if you watch good vids.

Thank you!
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

BigFishShamu wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:36 pm
Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:32 pm
BigFishShamu wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:04 am
Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:04 pm
Not just because it’s my 1st Spyderco…..or the most expensive knife I own….but because of the mods I chose, the feel, and the action. Love the knife, just have to break down and use it like it needs to be….Manix 2 👍

Second is my Lava Flow PM2 with M4 💥

How difficult was the AWT scale swap? Been looking into getting some for my Manix but I’ve only ever scale swapped like one on my Demko… That build looks great 👊🏽

The scale swap was simple! Because you are also deleting the lanyard tube, you don’t even need to separate the G10 scales from the lanyard tube….just remove it all in one piece. So, you just take body/pivot screws out of the knife, swing one scale/liner out of the way, jiggle out the cage/ball/retainer piece, and basically put it back together with the AWT scales.

(Just determine beforehand if you are going to replace the cage, ball, or spring with aftermarket parts)

Take a moment and observe the alignment of the cage/spring/ball as you swing out the scale/liner. There are lots of YouTube vids on disassembly, even ones changing to AWT scales. After the first time, it gets easier and easier….I took mine apart 3 times as I was trying in different springs. It’s not as hard as some make it seem, if you watch good vids.

Thank you!

This is one of the more easily understood Manix disassembly vids
https://youtu.be/H0uDgVEZB2A

This one is more AWT-specific
https://youtu.be/4KDTxAb-Xr4

Between the two, should be good-to-go :cheap-sunglasses

RyanY

Post by RyanY »

Today it’s the new super blue/sus410 zome delica with a TiCN coating :bug-red-white
IMG_2138.jpeg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

New #1 until it‘s offered in a salt version 👏
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:00 am
New #1 until it‘s offered in a salt version 👏
And why whatever I might have said last week, or the week before that, is likely to change this Wednesday when my first Leaf Jumper (K390) is due to arrive.

Polling for a favorite Spydie misses the whole point of exploring different Spydie models.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Ha!!! So true…a magnacut version would trump this and the Dfly Salt never leaves my pocket until whatever I’m wearing gets thrown in the hamper…lil native salt…microjimbo…a backlock Caribbean or one with Golden detent…the list goes on
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

I can refine my 'Native 5' response to my new Franken-Native 5. Magnacut blade and backlock, Stormtrooper white scales, silver clip from a burnt orange Native 5. Very 'clean' looking knife for fishing. Can't wait to get fish guts on that white handle. Strange plan was to dye the scales to look like a trout, but not sure that's feasable.
SnackPack

Post by SnackPack »

For me first it was the Sage 5, then the CruCarta PM2, then the Slysz Bowie, and now it’s the GB2. Ask me in a year and it will have been 3 others… 😂😂😂

I’m just a sucker for the M4, hollow grind, and liner lock. It’s an actual Sebenza killer - but don’t tell my Sebenzas I said that.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

CDEP wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm
Native 5.

If I had to narrow it, the KnifeCenter Exclusive Cruwear DLC & Smooth Black G10. Limited to production I'd go with the new Magnacut Salt PE.

Best knife for my hand, and only the PM2 CruCarta comes close.
This was my favorite, until it fell out of an unzipped backpack pocket, never to be found again.

Of the knives still in my possession, the Rockjumper SE is my favorite.
HawkinsID

Post by HawkinsID »

Mine is the Military.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

If I had to pick just one, it would be my blacked-out Yojimbo 2. It's my most-used & carried work folder at this point, so I'd go with something familiar.
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

For me, it's the Hap40 Endura. The Endura platform has been my favorite for a long time, but this one model always finds a way back in my pocket over the others I have. The handle color is nice, and Hap40 is just a good well rounded tool steel to use and sharpen.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

dj moonbat wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:48 am
CDEP wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm
Native 5.

If I had to narrow it, the KnifeCenter Exclusive Cruwear DLC & Smooth Black G10. Limited to production I'd go with the new Magnacut Salt PE.

Best knife for my hand, and only the PM2 CruCarta comes close.
This was my favorite, until it fell out of an unzipped backpack pocket, never to be found again.

Of the knives still in my possession, the Rockjumper SE is my favorite.
Rock Jumper SE is my next one 👊
kobold

Post by kobold »

Can't decide between the Native CF S90V and the PITS. But this is only for the warm season.
For the cold season I can't decide between the Military and the CF S90V Native Chief.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
crazywednesday

Endela SE K390

Post by crazywednesday »

KIMG0494.JPG
Justin